Kolto Pac needs love

frisch

I love healing on my scoundrel. I played a priest for nearly 5 years on WoW and this is probably the most fun I have had pvping as a healer.

I am realizing that like in every game, people who don't understand their class, come here and complain. This class IMO doesn't need a whole lot of work. I love that they are front loading kolto cloud. That should make a difference.

One thing they need to fix is Kolto pac. There really is no good reason to use it. It's really expensive in that it cost both energy and upper hand. The cost doesnt really fit the output.

Here is my suggestion. This class is a very mobile healing class the uses hots as a primary heal. I think making it into a direct heal that then also heals an additional x over x would make this skill useable. Even if energy needs to be upped by 5 or case time lengthen. There needs to be more utility with skill. Even if it were to become part of a talent tree in order to get this bonus would be ok. Instead of increase speed with dodge 2 pnts to

Make kolto pac more viable.

Please keep comments to suggestions if you have any others to get this changed

Edited by frisch

I put a post before working out the numbers, but there is no situation where you should use kolto pack right now, it is always worse then underworld+emergency combo. I really want it to be good, because having a second castable heal would be really big for pvp, as people dont fall for interrupting diagnostic scan unless they are super bad

Heh, I actually went on the forums asking about when I should be using Kolto Pack. I too found I was just using SWM on people with near full health, and then UWM - EM - UWM - EM. I would be guessing it was meant more for PVE, but PVE is where energy management is more important.

To me instant casts are so key because it's the best way to "hide" in warzones. As soon as I stop moving to channel heals, I seem to get targeted. The fact that I can be discrete about my heals is what makes it fun in warzones.

Here are a few more suggestions I have thought about:

1) Kolto Pac a binding heal. Where it heals both you and target player.

2) Give it some sort of armor buff to target player

3) Make it function sort of like lifebloom(druid wow) where you can instant cast it and stack it and something like emergency med pac could consume it or after x seconds it heals the target for x amount.

If KP was instant and cost 15 energy I'd think about using it. As it is, I don't even have it keybound any more.

I always forget to remove it from my hotbar. Every now and then I click it by accident and think "Grrrrrr! When the fight is over I should get rid of you!"