Praise for Bioware

DJBeaupre

Hello all, I have seen a massive amount of complaining on this forum and just want to say this. While I have not reached max level yet due to real world obligations, I think this game is wonderful and the storylines are what I would expect from Bioware. Save a few issues such as profession glitches, I think this game is worth the money and hope that patches will continue to add on to the greatness.

Hello all, I have seen a massive amount of complaining on this forum and just want to say this. While I have not reached max level yet due to real world obligations, I think this game is wonderful and the storylines are what I would expect from Bioware. Save a few issues such as profession glitches, I think this game is worth the money and hope that patches will continue to add on to the greatness.

More of this please. I have an infraction on my account as a result of telling idiots where to go and what to do with themselves.

+1 OP, simply for the optimism which this community is in DIRE need of.

Come back when you have been 50 for a month...quite possibly your opinion will be changed alot by then;)

hey dude, i agree im havin fun with the game to, been 50 a few weeks now and find plenty to do. But then again i dont play 24/7 lol. They def need to do a bit of work to iron out bugs such as the crafting one u mentioned as well as others. I would also like to see more mini games such as pod/swoop racing ect.

But overall im having a blast and will continue to do so until i feel the gam no longer intrests me (which will be a long time I think)

ps loved my trooper story and enjoying the smuggler one so far

I am a casual player due to real world obligations as well. I find that the storylines are good and there are plenty of options. I also know that when I do reach level 50 with this charater I can create another one and run those storylines. I can see if you are a hardcore player who plays the game 18 hours a day that there could be issues but for the regular player like myself this game is good.

hey dude, i agree im havin fun with the game to, been 50 a few weeks now and find plenty to do. But then again i dont play 24/7 lol. They def need to do a bit of work to iron out bugs such as the crafting one u mentioned as well as others. I would also like to see more mini games such as pod/swoop racing ect.

But overall im having a blast and will continue to do so until i feel the gam no longer intrests me (which will be a long time I think)

ps loved my trooper story and enjoying the smuggler one so far

Wait you been level 50 for a few weeks now and you dont play 24/7? Thats impossible. :eek:

Yes some people are going to think this is the greatest game in the world but sorry most are going to see it for what it is. A sorry attempt of a game that just tried to copy anything from games for the casual as to think that would make all the casuals play it instead of WoW.

Would love for Bioware to give out the new numbers on sales and active subs to prove us all wrong and you right. Nope gonna get those in may aince they will just prove us right.

People are not unhappy with the game on their first playthrough.

It's usually during their 2nd and definitely by the 3rd playthrough where they begin to notice the repetitiveness of the world design. Even the class storylines adhere too closely to each other in terms of structure.

Your not at the endgame yet but I don't see many people excited by it.

Edited by grueber

Wait you been level 50 for a few weeks now and you dont play 24/7? Thats impossible. :eek:

Yes some people are going to think this is the greatest game in the world but sorry most are going to see it for what it is. A sorry attempt of a game that just tried to copy anything from games for the casual as to think that would make all the casuals play it instead of WoW.

Would love for Bioware to give out the new numbers on sales and active subs to prove us all wrong and you right. Nope gonna get those in may aince they will just prove us right.

A sorry attempt? I don't think it's the greatest game in the world nor do I think it's going to fail but a sorry attempt it is not. They tried, and unfortunately they made some mistakes. So has every other company who's made an MMO. Frankly, I don't care about the number of sales or active subs... I like the game... I don't care for the people who don't. There are enough people that do to keep it going and that's all that matters.

Also, I find your sig interesting and would pose this question to you or anyone else who agrees. If this game is so bad why are YOU still posting on the forums about how bad it is instead of going on to play another game... or going outside... or doing anything else?

That's the part I really don't get... I've played a lot of MMOs as I'm sure you have since you're obviously comparing it to something to call it "a sorry attempt". Tried Rift, Aion and FFXIV from launch... compared to the others I've played I didn't care for them, quit and went on to play other games and never once felt the need to go onto the forums to bash them. If you don't like it that's unfortunate and I'm sorry so many on the forums agree with you... but seriously... if you're that unhappy with it it's time to move on.

The people who come here to praise the game or discuss different aspects of PLAYING it continuously get referred to as biodrones or fanboys... I wouldn't consider myself either but what's more sad, a biodrone/fanboy or someone who comes to the same forums just to complain about a game they claim to hate instead of moving on with their lives?

Don't stop at praise for Bioware!

Make a statue and sacrifice your first born peasant!

Spread the blood of a goat across your door!

Tie a woman up and let King Kong eat her!

*Note* Careful with the King Kong/Woman idea. I hear he is a sucker for love.

I can't believe people who hate the game keep playing and posting.

To each their own. :) There are people who gladly pay the monthly subscription just so they can complain about something in the forum. Fine by me - the more subscribes, the better this game will become.

A sorry attempt? I don't think it's the greatest game in the world nor do I think it's going to fail but a sorry attempt it is not. They tried, and unfortunately they made some mistakes. So has every other company who's made an MMO. Frankly, I don't care about the number of sales or active subs... I like the game... I don't care for the people who don't. There are enough people that do to keep it going and that's all that matters.

It is a sorry attempt. Look at PVP. Its an exact copy of WoW battlegrounds. With all the same issues as WoW has with them.

Also, I find your sig interesting and would pose this question to you or anyone else who agrees. If this game is so bad why are YOU still posting on the forums about how bad it is instead of going on to play another game... or going outside... or doing anything else?

I am hoping that they realize that not everyone is a so called casual and not all the hardcore gamers or people who want sandboxes should only have one option. Wanting games to get better for everyone is bad? :eek: If I didnt want the game to get better I wouldnt be here. I liked SWG and I like starwars and would like an MMO that was star wars so I could play it.

That's the part I really don't get... I've played a lot of MMOs as I'm sure you have since you're obviously comparing it to something to call it "a sorry attempt". Tried Rift, Aion and FFXIV from launch... compared to the others I've played I didn't care for them, quit and went on to play other games and never once felt the need to go onto the forums to bash them. If you don't like it that's unfortunate and I'm sorry so many on the forums agree with you... but seriously... if you're that unhappy with it it's time to move on.

Again, you want me to just move on so the next company will do the exact same thing as all the new MMO's have done so I (and many others) will again not have a game to play. Do you go into the other threads and tell the people that want SGR and LFG that your sorry the game isnt what they wanted and they should just quit? Didnt think so.

The people who come here to praise the game or discuss different aspects of PLAYING it continuously get referred to as biodrones or fanboys... I wouldn't consider myself either but what's more sad, a biodrone/fanboy or someone who comes to the same forums just to complain about a game they claim to hate instead of moving on with their lives?

So am I a fanboi now because I am discussing different aspects of playing?

Yeah, I agree. It's a shame the forum environment is such that we can't make constructive suggestions without inviting trolls bashing the game.

The problem is that people ARE making constructive criticism. Sure, there are the trolls that go above and beyond to piss people off, but anytime someone says anything constructive and the fan boy squad immediately jumps on them and goes this game is perfect!! rabble rabble rabble. The problem with a good chunk of people is that they know this game has severe issues, but they are letting their fan boy selves get in the way of fixing this game.

Hello all,

We're glad you're enjoying the game! Though while we understand that not everyone gets along, or agrees with each other, we do ask that topics be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not the community itself. We are going to close this thread, but please do feel free to join in on discussions about specific game-related topics.