Newly minted 50's some advice for you.

Sith_Mauler

try it with undergeared party members.

I am a 31 pt arsenal spec bh, I rain down pain and dps, I can always find a under geared or crappy tank if I have to pop my threat c/d more than one or twice.

with a good tank i never have to pop it unless a pull goes bad or there is no aggro tables.

by good tank do you mean any vanguard...

tanking is broken in this game, if you dont believe me roll up a guardian/juggernaut and try tanking yourself.

you have no idea how ****** it is, and no right to rain on anyones parade smashing your 2 buttons for max deeps. you can have a perfect rotation going and still lose aggro for no reason whatsoever.

you can fix it any time now bioware..... specing dps and not using a defensive stance is a pretty ****** "fix" for ****** aggro generation in tank spec.

I do largely agree, but i can give u some tips of your own.

A: Run with your guild where possible to avoid this.

B: Buy yourself some lvl 50 blue / cheap epic gear and use this when running with pugs to minimise your own repair costs.

This is not bad advice..

But I would suggest enhancing the options to look like this:

A: Run with your guild or people trusted/known on you friends list where possible to avoid this.

B: Enforce a gear check policy as soon as each member joins by rallying everyone to one location.

C: Buy yourself some lvl 50 blue / cheap epic gear and use this when running with pugs to minimise your own repair costs.

by good tank do you mean any vanguard...

tanking is broken in this game, if you dont believe me roll up a guardian/juggernaut and try tanking yourself.

you have no idea how ****** it is, and no right to rain on anyones parade smashing your 2 buttons for max deeps. you can have a perfect rotation going and still lose aggro for no reason whatsoever.

you can fix it any time now bioware..... specing dps and not using a defensive stance is a pretty ****** "fix" for ****** aggro generation in tank spec.

And you got a "hate" parser to prove that it is broken?

You are sure that you are using all your thread, guard and force attack skills? And that the "aggro-stealer" is using his detaunt skill? And that the encounters you are complaining about are not with mobs that self-delete/randomize/shuffle their hate list all the time by intend/script?

So far, I had no issues controlling aggro, be it as a lowbie tank or high lvl dps.

As far as gear checking, yes for some HM, the individual needs to be decently geared. Others on the other hand not so much and even in some cases, Ive seen some of the decent geard players be a total douche when it comes to doing what there supposed to be doing.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I would rather take someone that is a bit undergeared that knows what the hell there doing (IE when to interrupt, when and how to move, when not to hit something) over someone that's a bit over geared and has absolutely no clue about what there getting into (IE knowing when not to hit Krel Thak in battle of Ilum)

And you got a "hate" parser to prove that it is broken?

You are sure that you are using all your thread, guard and force attack skills? And that the "aggro-stealer" is using his detaunt skill? And that the encounters you are complaining about are not with mobs that self-delete/randomize/shuffle their hate list all the time by intend/script?

So far, I had no issues controlling aggro, be it as a lowbie tank or high lvl dps.

Everyone always says they're underpowered, but in the case of the jugg tank, I can't argue against it. I feel more bad-*** on my low-mid level powertech than I do on my lvl 50 jugg.

With threat based off of dmg done (hampered by a +threat form that limits resources gained) and a grand total of 1 increased threat ability (on a one minute cd) in the rotation of 8-10+ abilites used regularly, jugg tanking needs some love. I'm all for challenging rotations, but I want to be able to excel if I hit everything perfectly, not just be on par with someone barely paying attention.

Just look for the hundred or so threads addressing the topic, and admit to the possibility that something may not be working as intended.

Edited by Okolo

It's not an elitist attitude... it's fact. A fresh 50 is not geared enough to run hard modes. They need to do the dailies on Belsavis and Ilum to get the armor, mods, and enhancements.

It's called progression.

While I agree with what you're saying that a new 50 needs to prepare themselves for HM FPs... There is a certain elitist attitude on most servers (thank god its not on mine yet) that until you hit a certain quality of gear you're not good enough to run with that group of people. Instead of having that belief, I think what our friend was saying was having the attitude "hey, you're probably not ready yet for HD FPs, here's some advice as to how to get there and if you need help let me know"

Could go a long way towards a good community.

my little advice ... don't rush into pvp when you finaly reach lvl50

it is nothing like the 1-49 bracket and will frustrate you easily.

Spend some time to gear up, doing your dailies or use your pre lvl50 time to collect 1k/1k pvp/merc badges to stock up on champ bags.

For pvp once you have a few champ items and have filled the other slots with centurion stuff, you should have a much more enjoyable experience and be more than just competive (there is only about 2-3% difference in expertise for you now, tops)

Also, even if you are a hardcore pvp fan, try to do some hard modes.

They are fun and a much bigger challenge than the normal modes you probably did before.

And also ... play with your guild/friends ... it makes much more fun to zerg healers together and laugh on ts/vent ^^

Edit: and feel free to ask people who were lvl50 longer questions ... most will reply in a kind way and help you out with your stat progression and tactics

Edited by Jamuro

I say the opposite of the poster above me.

Once you hit 50 start doing your PvP dailies right away. Getting Champ and Cent gear is the potentially easiest and fastest way to get good level 50 gear. Sure you'll have thousands less HP than some other players. Just focus more on the objectives and don't try fighting people head on.

Also spend all your money at the GTN and buy level 49/50 crafted purples. You'll be making plenty if you run dailies so don't be to worried about credits.

Edited by GenericallyNamed