Game feedback and some sugestions

mekaniak

My subscription going to run out in 5 days and I am thinking I’ll write down my personal feedback about this game. I know it’s something you probably read a thousand times over, but let me do it if even for peace of my soul. I love this game more than any other MMO played so far, but when I hit level 50 game is getting less and less appealing to me.

Bioware, what you basically created here is a single player game with multiplayer possibilities, turned into the MMO with regular fees. (excellent marketing move, isn’t it?)

Don’ t take me wrong, amount of time and resources you put into creating all the animation and voice acting for every single quest, personal stories for each class, it wasn’t money spent in vain. You created a strong, story driven gameplay experience, unseen in any other MMO I ever played and it virtually sold the game, made it unique and interesting. Of course, some of the stories are badly written or plain silly , but other are excellent and interesting, so no blaming you for that as even the best writer can lose his inspiration sometime. Even badly written story here makes this game better than average MMO you compete with. So, good work in general.

But it also have it’s flaws… it makes adding a new classes (like Imperial Trooper or Republic’s SIS agent) extremely difficult as you would have to create a new backstory, new animations and new voice overs for them as well just to keep up the standard. So anyone expecting there going to be a new class will be disappointed as it would cost Bioware almost as creating a whole new game (as only costs saved was developing the engine).

You can add a new playable races pretty easily, but you will run into the certain roadblock when adding species that don’t speak Basic and you can be possibly afraid player won’t like listening to the gibberish voiceover for them. For me, it doesn’t matter but other players may be a bit disappointed they don’t understand a thing without the subtitles.

So you keep adding Flashpoints and Operations, while it is incredibly difficult to find a group to run one, so work goes to vain – partly due to single player feel you created – and a best way to ever have a group for the Flashpoint, not mentioning a Operation, is to join a hard core raiding guild and those tends to be a extremely unfriendly bunch of power gamers most casual gamers won’t stand. Doing a flashpoint stops to be fun if you rushing it through like a robot automatically without thinking with a bunch of asocial individuals .. c’mon nothing for me (but hardcore raiders would like the content, but they are not majority of players)

Few more PvP arenas won’t save the day even with hard core pvp’ers.

You created a game with strong single player feel and I don’t think it is bad think, but you should stick to it, adding more content suiting players who are paying your game for it. It would be perfect to see some dynamic environment around, there is a war going on most planets after all, for example Rift succeeded it it , little bit at least! Also planet instances should be larger, have it something to explore, not narrow and empty as it is. Naar Shadaa is just a narrow corridor, but according to lore it’s a planet spawing city. (well, it’s moon, I know) Make it larger, like Corelia for example. Also it would need a feel of city flooding with people and commerce, it isn’t this way as you created it, you have only a couple of corridors. Do the similar to the other planets, it won't hurt! More quests to lead you there, more side stories to go through! It gonna cost a loads of money, but I think it won’t be a waste. Make it a expansion, if you want to make a money, but this game really need feeling of large, galaxy spawning adventure!

Well even though ur post was rather long i read it. And to be honest your right. I love this game to and i enjoy the single player aspect. Also to update you a little yes they are releasing an expansion at the end of the year or beginning of next year with new story etc. They said quote "it is playable but no voices yet" which is promising. To turn it into a multiplayer would be a task that would be daunting but doable. i see this game will do well and i think it can compete against WoW and GW2 if it fixes its problems

Good post :D

If there is a expansion coming next year, at this rate this game going to be deserted before expansion comes in, as gaming experience pretty much ends when you finish your class storyline. I continually postponed my leveling just to enjoy the game little longer, then rushed through the class storyline / planet storyline quest chains because I just wanted to see how it ends. By that time, people I met before already hit level 50 and left the game, I started to feel lonely, especially with high level planets having only a couple of players mostly doing the same, not willing to group up anymore.

SW TOR definitely needs a more content ...

Apart of the extended storyline following won't hurt

- Pazaak, swoop races or anything socializing..

- public group quests everyone can join like it was in Warhammer Online. Dynamic enviroment i mentioned earlier, something which makes you return the places even if your storyline is finished here.

- some sandbox content like in SWG which can also fill your time

I know, I am repeating myself ... but last hour of two I keep thinking what I would do with the game when my class storyline is finished and playing another alt (and I have two already) would be boring from 80 % apart of new class storyline.

Maybe a forum spam will keep me entertained :D

Well even though ur post was rather long i read it. And to be honest your right. I love this game to and i enjoy the single player aspect. Also to update you a little yes they are releasing an expansion at the end of the year or beginning of next year with new story etc. They said quote "it is playable but no voices yet" which is promising. To turn it into a multiplayer would be a task that would be daunting but doable. i see this game will do well and i think it can compete against WoW and GW2 if it fixes its problems

Good post :D

Are you saying that they already have the expansion set up? So instead of fixing the problems with the game while they were designing it they instead started working on the expansion? Brilliant.