PvP Game Designers: Please come in here and join a DIALOG before you ruin the game

skyflash

BTW... the elements are all there... DaoC, SWG, Minecraft, MUDs.. we just need someone with money to connect the dots.

so glad to hear this little part right here, cuz its so true

personally, my list of things for devs to connect the dots on are DaoC, Minecraft, Team fortress 2, diablo 1/2 )

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you talking about? Random BGs in WoW are just as much of a zerg fest as randm WZs here no difference.

Did you actually play WoW? I did for 7 years nearly exclusively PvP, soloed rank 10 (roughly 90% of it) on a server where it takes you 6-7 hours per day over 2 months to get that. I had one of the best premades on my server in classic which I had formed from randoms. I made it to duelist in TBC with a gimped setup.

I was for sure not the best player around but I was always decent if I cared to organize.

The WZs are better designed than any of BG bar AB.

Blizzard ripped BG design off FPS shooters like Unreal Tournament so please spare the crap that WZs are "ripped off" BlW just did what Blizzrd did ALL the time, "ripping off" other games, you are just being ignorant for not noticing.

The deserter system in WoW doesn't work, especially in late nights a dozen bots in every BG. Tons of exploiters like speed hackers around.

Tons of abuses which Blizzard did nothing about in arena especially in this expansion like mmr abuse in S9 (lol@ russian team being at 3600 rating)

Class balance is garbage rogues being able to kill people in 2! seconds with legendary daggers and vial. Mages killing people in one DF especially with trinket and legendary staff. UH DK in S5 was a pure joke, the newly introduced class domiates everything and stomped 2v2 with Holy pala so hard it wasn't funny anymore. SL/SL Lock/Resto Druid dominance in S2. Druid/War dominance in S3/S4. RMP dominance in 3s since arena released with few exceptions. Wizard cleaves in S8 blowing people up in a GCD same for Beastcleave all they had to do was Popping BL and focus one target.

DR systems is not any better than resolve. Tons of teams around which can easily circumvent the DR limitation and can CC the crap out of you like RMP or MLD. Heck frost mages still can take out a warrior for about a minute solo. I wish people who complain about knockbacks here should try to play a warrior against a frost mage in WoW. Not even remotely comparable.

Classic was even worse one shots all around, rogues being able to stun lock people from 100% - 0% with NO chance to fight back at all.

AP/PoM mages one shotting people. "As scandy" warriros with minimal support shredding through BGs. Druids being pure garbage not even having a working shapeshift ability and primarily used for Innervate in raids nothing else.

What is better in WoW UI? Nothing bar the fact you can move around targetting frames which they already work on.

Abnormally long queues? I play on a heavy population server and have 1 minute queues max.

WoW mature? Where? When? With all the silly festivals like Winter's Veil, Brewing , Noble Garden etc? :rolleyes:

World PvP objectives without purpose? Like Achindoun desert, Halaa, Silithius or WLP towers which all failed horribly? :rolleyes:

What WoW is more polished than SWTOR? Did you just compare a game which got about 8 years of polish to a game which had like a mere 2 months of that time? Did you actuallty play WoW like I did since Classic Beta? Really? :rolleyes:

Please get a clue before you start ranting your ignorant nonsense it makes you look like a tool.

You sure do know a lot about WoW. I'm glad I don't. Hey, you wanna know something cool? I don't need to compare this game to WoW. It's garbage either way.