Thread closed for maintenance?

PjPablo

What does this mean?

Hello everyone! This thread has been temporarily closed for maintenance and will be made available again shortly. Thank you for your patience!

LOL

Sometimes they go through and tidy up a whole thread. When it goes back up, it'll say "We recently had to remove all posts with people calling other people trolls, even though they probably were, in fact, trolls. Please keep it clean, and don't say these words:

-troll

-WoW

Nor should you attempt to quote James Ohlen.

Sometimes they go through and tidy up a whole thread. When it goes back up, it'll say "We recently had to remove all posts with people calling other people trolls, even though they probably were, in fact, trolls. Please keep it clean, and don't say these words:

-troll

-WoW

Nor should you attempt to quote James Ohlen.

So right, so sad.

By 'mucking out the thing' you mean censoring?

Easy there tiger, before you go all 1st amendment on us. It means what I said. They're removing posts that start flame wars, continue said flame wars or just break the forum rules that you and I all agree to when we joined here. Hell, I put a toe over the line more than occasionally, and the few times I've been slapped on the wrist I knew I had it coming.

In other words, PjPablo, they're trimming the idiocy due to people's lack of self control/restraint or any sense of polite social interaction.

Easy there tiger, before you go all 1st amendment on us. It means what I said. They're removing posts that start flame wars, continue said flame wars or just break the forum rules that you and I all agree to when we joined here. Hell, I put a toe over the line more than occasionally, and the few times I've been slapped on the wrist I knew I had it coming.

In other words, PjPablo, they're trimming the idiocy due to people's lack of self control/restraint or any sense of polite social interaction.

i hear you bro. I just find it odd that a whole thread gets shut down so they can sort it out. Then again I am still waiting for a reply to my email to community support on why they censor so many threads. When I sent the email the other night 1/4 of the threads on the front page were closed by mods. That just seems excessive.

What does this mean?

Hello everyone! This thread has been temporarily closed for maintenance and will be made available again shortly. Thank you for your patience!

LOL

It means there are so many posts that need to be removed and/or they keep increasing at such a pace that the moderators had to close the thread, remove the posts and re-open it.

i hear you bro. I just find it odd that a whole thread gets shut down so they can sort it out. Then again I am still waiting for a reply to my email to community support on why they censor so many threads. When I sent the email the other night 1/4 of the threads on the front page were closed by mods. That just seems excessive.

Nah I've been saying they've been a bit overzealous on the moderation for years. I do seem to remember it being much worse though before retail release/massive beta invites.