Legendary items should NOT come from raids

Reeny

If that's the case, you should probably ask about the % of Accounts, since each account=each player.

Many people have multiple lvl 50 characters.

Also, what's the % of regular raiders?

If i joined a pug raid once since december and didnt down any boss, was my character considered part of the 38%?

I would bet you that the % of regular raiders out of the entire SWTOR population is extremely low.

Say, let's use your numbers.

If even 50% of those people regularly raid on a weekly basis, the total population who raid is only 19%.

Catering to 19% of a game population is not good business sense.

so what percent should you cater to?

as a game system which does it make more sense to reward, the teamwork aspect, or the guy that can solo like a boss? there is no single player content possible that is as hard, or harder, than group based content, unless you are willing to specifically craft questlines devoted to each and every ac. even at that point, if you are tying it to ac quests, then EVERYONE has one, and then it is no longer rare, or special, which kinda defeats the purpose.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread sure has a lot of stupid in it.

So the OP says I want Legendarily hard items to obtain be available through other sources in this game.

Raidtards: Raiding IS part of the game. You no raid you no get good gear! You no raid you no play game rite! Legendary = raiding because that is what wow had!

Legendary does not imply better stats, it implies rarity. So what is wrong with a Legendary look? What is wrong with a legendary mount? What is wrong with a legendary sound? All things that could make a legendary item special. Guess what... it could be a custom item! That means its stats are of what you do... slot in expertise for pvp, slot in raid modifications for raiding, slot in normal crafted items if you are an average player. Hell have legendary modifications drop from all operations for those raiding people that need their .1% upgrade

I don't know what is wrong with the people who think that mmo=raiding... that is just wrong. Just because that is an area you can go into and get great gear that is only useful within itself does not make it what a genre is about. If anything I think mmos are about community and doing things with each other.

I mean who wouldn't want some legendary items with amazing designs (none of this horrid looking republic armor designs) that could be obscenely rare world drops. Maybe a .000001% drop from any given mob. Would get the stuff out there but wouldn't be abundant. Maybe have special legendary armor that doesn't bind and only drops once per server. Would be a nice trophy going around. One person wears it for a while then someone pays several million credits for it, he wears it for a while and so on.

TL;DR mmo is about community not raiding. Don't be dense. Legendary is about rarity, not about stats.

you are sorta correct. going by the definition itself

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/legendary

legendary generally relates to something mythical, or very famous. in that vein famous usually means more powerful.

even disregarding that, what would random mob x be doing carrying around the legendary toenail clipping of revan? it just doesnt make any kind of even semi logical sense.

• 4 months later...
you are sorta correct. going by the definition itself

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/legendary

legendary generally relates to something mythical, or very famous. in that vein famous usually means more powerful.

even disregarding that, what would random mob x be doing carrying around the legendary toenail clipping of revan? it just doesnt make any kind of even semi logical sense.

Well, I could see why a Sith Mob would carry such a thing, if it promised some kind of power...

Or as a trophy of some kind.

So depending on the Item, there might be "semi logical sense" right there...

But if that idea is so problematic for you, how about a really rare drop that gives you the quest for the legendary item...

lets set a new precedent that logically satisfies everyone.

lets make a legendary item encompass ALL the many facets of swtor.

that is to say, make it require crew skills (bought from trainer or dropped outside a raid - BoP. trainer or vendor would be better as this would avoid over-farming - even if different crew skill schematics dropped in different places)

make it require pvp - both open world and instanced

make it require pve - both flashpoint and operation

make it require questing - both solo and group (with priest/hunter epic-quest-like breakers for when you get outside help when doing what is intended as a solo quest - sorry for referencing wow, but those quests are worth referencing because they were... epic)

these parameters would make such a thing legendary.

whatever order the process takes through the facets mentioned above, the item should be upgraded in power and rarity level, so as to reward the continual progress through the system. the item shouldve reached legendary rarity before it hits the operations part, but not its complete power (yet the difference should be equatable to the current progression of gear (126 pre op, 136 pre HM EC, 140 post HM EC, which is to say, not a big leap in power)

Edited by Udo_Jokyar

Legendary items should NOT come from raids.

Only a very small percentage of players raid and if you make legendary items available only from raids, an even tinier percentage will have it.

Dont make it so that only a fraction of a fraction of players will even have it.

Make it so that anyone can go through a long, expensive process to obtain it.

But dont restrict it to a subset of raiding people.

all BH gear is obtainable from daily and weekly stuff (it is a long expensive process)

while campaign is from end game Op (only some can have it)

??