Scoundrel needs blades too

Elwacko

One of the main reasons I made a scoundrel was because I like shotguns. I wouldn't even consider making an Operative, the knife doesn't impress me at all.

Agreed. I wasn't sure about which AC I would take and was leaning gunslinger until the shotgun was brought up.

One of the main reasons I made a scoundrel was because I like shotguns. I wouldn't even consider making an Operative, the knife doesn't impress me at all.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm all about the Operative and the vibroknife. I'm not a fan of the shotgun.

I like my animations as they are.

Nothing brings a smile to my face more than that satisfying back blast animation, or knowing that my BARE FISTS or a good blunt object can do as much dmg as a ligtsaber. Just think, you're such a good cantina brawler that you can hurt as much as a highly trained jedi.

Ops are more generic and wimpy to me. Blades, so what? I saw that enough with rogues in WoW.

This game will never be "realistic." Just embrace that. :D

Edited by Stenrik

I find the silly, magic shotgun a bit dumb too. I'd much rather have a vibroknife if they gave me the choice. Anyway, the option eventually would be sweet so the shotgun people can be happy and so can the rest of us. To be honest, I'd settle for a second pistol-sized offhand gun option (one that just looks a bit more Starwarsy.)

Dude.

The #1 reason I rolled a scoundrel from my 50 vanguard, was the Shotgun.

I was watching a video from soemone here on the forum and saw that flechette round animation and backblasts.

That got me at hello.

Little did I know I would utterly fall for the class after.

Im having a blast with this class now. Sure Im recently 50, champ rank with cent, rakata and champ gear mix, but Im doing very well with it.

Im sure they will fix the backblast animation.

Flechette round animation can be cancelled.

Dirty kick self root should be removed and faster backblast animation and we are in the same boat.

That and give us back 20% increase on shoot first

or

50% more energy gain in base and from pugnacity, and our sustained damage for PVE and PVP will increase, without increasing our burst the slightest, just our longevity.

Though vibroknuckles would be good with sucker punch.

I'd be down for vibroknuckles. :D

Maybe someday we'll be able to add stuff like that in mod slots. Like put vibroknuckles in place of a mod within a glove item so that it wouldn't have to be a separate item.

Edited by Stenrik

It just seems kind of silly that his main weapon is this little blaster, yet he can pull out a full size shotgun in his offhand and blast with it 1 handed...

Honestly the way the scoundrel is designed to function at melee range they should have just replaced the blaster with the shotgun completely.

shotguns are garbage at long range and they could have had him pull out the blaster for those oddball long range attacks you have like the DoT.

It just seems to me they wanted to make the scoundrel so similar to Han that they actually ended up gimping themselves.

I mean i get it, han solo is one of the most popular characters of all time when it comes to star wars, but still. you copied the lines he says, his attitude, his space ship, his companions...

...and he has to use a blaster in his main hand, because han did, even if it would make 100% more sense to just use the shotgun as your primary weapon.

I find the silly, magic shotgun a bit dumb too. I'd much rather have a vibroknife if they gave me the choice. Anyway, the option eventually would be sweet so the shotgun people can be happy and so can the rest of us. To be honest, I'd settle for a second pistol-sized offhand gun option (one that just looks a bit more Starwarsy.)

A holdout blaster might be cool, little small though.

I agree it would be nice to use either knives or shotguns. I rolled an OP because my guild is imp, but would have preferred a scoundrel. the Knives are too....rogue-esqe. The shotgun is far more bad ***

I love the shotgun. My only real complaint is that it's used for so few animations, and that it gets pulled out of nowhere. At least agents have an excuse that it's a hidden blade. I'd love to actually see that Shotgun resting on my back, or maybe down at my side.