More force powers

gregthetasteful

force pull was shoved to 1 AC too. tank spec shadows are teh only one with the force pull.

granted powertech bh can spec for a pull (grapple not force).

Vanguard/PT just get grapple. It isn't talented.

Look at it like this: The Force isn't just for lifting things or pushing things around, it's also used to enhance combat ability, which is where the Sentinel and Guardian have most of the focus.

while I don't agree with us getting a lot of force abilities (force = magic, magic = consular) I do agree with something basic, like a push or pull. the whole "since sentinels have a weapon in both hands there isn't a free one to use such an ability" idea is total ********

In beta the Force Push was a knight ability (so both Guardian and Sentinel had it). I am not entirely sure why the moved it to Guardian/Juggernaut only, because it makes the Sentinel/Marauder the only class to have no ability that actually moves people around (pull/push/knockback).

What I also find weird, is that the Force Pull has been removed from the Knight (not sure if guardian only) in beta because it supposedly made them 'unkitable'. It would be nice if the pull was a tier 5 Defense ability for the guardian or so, even if it replace the Hilt Strike there. Certainly as a Guardian in tanking spec I don't do a godly amount of dmg that would justify removing the pull. Especially if you consider that a tanking Powertech/Vanguard have quite the higher dmg output, have range in their favor (mostly 10m) AND when specced for it have both a pull and charge. You'd think the tanking class that is more 0m-4m combat based of the two would be the preferred class to give both a charge and pull to design wise. :p I don't think the double Force Leap with Force Push makes up for this. Also, Shadow/Assasin tanks also have both a pull and (AoE) knockback and in my experience have slightely better dmg output as well. As a Defense Guardian it's quite funny that the hilt of my saber is deadlier then the actual blade. And only on non-player character to boot! xD

I think I wouldn't mind the lower dmg on my Guardian if say Enure didn't remove dmg taken from the base HP after the duration, but rather acted as a true temporary buffer. I'll try to explain below:

(Enure timer done + less dmg done then the HP from the Enure buff) = revert to base HP before using Enure

(Enure timer not done + dmg exceeds HP granted by Enure buff) = Enure 'wears off' and we go on from the HP we have from there.)

This way it wouldn't be considered an actual heal, but more like say a Sage/Sorc's shield but with shorter duration (and longer CD) that temporary prevents dmg. Right now Enure is only really effective if you have a pocket healer. Of course this makes the Guardian a walking wall, but since the dmg in tanking spec is so low and that we need to be in melee range for most abilities I think it would justify it. It would prob also help the extreme squishiness of Focus/Vigilance specced Guardians.

p.s. Sorry for going off-track, err topic there sliding from Sentinel to Guardian. In the end I think they should at least give Sentinel/Marauder the Force Push back.

Edited by Y-Yorle