Why? Play any Class other then...

LimbSlicer

Exactly.... sorcs can have a rotation that makes them force neutral, they don't actually drain any force and therefore don't have to stop dps or regen.

There is ZERO reason, none, for sorcs not to be on the same 100 force system that assassins are on. They can spam a few abilities, keep spamming light ones or wait to do heavy ones.

It is the same reason they are by far the best healer, can maintain extreme dps in pve and unlike EVERY OTHER CLASS they can continue to spam their best abilities in pvp for a LOOOOOOONG time.

Everything you said there either applies to pretty much every class or is just flat out not true. Name one class that cannot spec into a rotation that does decent DPS but does not deplete their resource. Sorcerers/Sages cannot indefinitely spam their best abilities; they can only do that for a good ability that is not their best DPS, just like Tracer Missile/Grav Round for Mercenaries/Commandos. In both cases, the "spammed" ability must be mixed in with others in order to achieve optimum DPS. Sorcs and Sages have a bigger pool because they are the casting classes and they have a slower resource regen rate. They do have a simpler resource to manage, but it is also less flexible.

As others have mentioned, it's not so much that certain classes are significantly overpowered, it's that they are less complicated to play. A certain portion of players lean toward greater challenge and will play whatever can potentially dominate though it requires enormous effort to play expertly. Another portion just wants to get easy kills and will lean toward classes that don't take as much effort but can get good results. The latter demographic is bigger than the former.

Everything you said there either applies to pretty much every class or is just flat out not true. Name one class that cannot spec into a rotation that does decent DPS but does not deplete their resource. Sorcerers/Sages cannot indefinitely spam their best abilities; they can only do that for a good ability that is not their best DPS, just like Tracer Missile/Grav Round for Mercenaries/Commandos. In both cases, the "spammed" ability must be mixed in with others in order to achieve optimum DPS. Sorcs and Sages have a bigger pool because they are the casting classes and they have a slower resource regen rate. They do have a simpler resource to manage, but it is also less flexible.

As others have mentioned, it's not so much that certain classes are significantly overpowered, it's that they are less complicated to play. A certain portion of players lean toward greater challenge and will play whatever can potentially dominate though it requires enormous effort to play expertly. Another portion just wants to get easy kills and will lean toward classes that don't take as much effort but can get good results. The latter demographic is bigger than the former.

Assassins

So, um, this video wasn't made by me or do i have a character i play in them, so I am in no way claiming that I had anything to do with the creation of this video... but........ If the last 3-4minutes of this video was all i had to go off of to pick a class, I would definitley be making a Jedi Shadow/ Sith Assassin lol. enjoy....

skip to 6:46 and beyond and watch this video lol..... yeah.. pretty sick....

And just because people say sith sorc are op... I think this video here is why people say that lol

http://youtu.be/kfPFb_Qz_aQ All I can say is sick... lol

Also, please buff my Vanguard hehehe (j/k... Kinda lol )... anyway thanks, and hope u enjoy the vids... just figured I would give the qq's something to point at and say SEEEEEEEE!!!! and the Shadows a pat on the back lol.

Edited by Karbonkopi