The answer for a proper reward system in WZ's?

nophere

I think I may have the answer for awarding players in WZ's.

This may get somewhat complex but this I think if done right would work.

Why not implement a point system based on objectives? Let me explain further.

Lets say in Hutball I grab the ball right at the start. For grabbing the ball I get 1 point. I then pass to a team mate who gets a completed pass for 1 more point. My team mate also gets 1 point for catching the ball. My ball carrying friend is now getting hit from x player and my healer friend heals him. 1 point for my healing friend. My guardian friend throws a guard on the ball carrier. 1 point for him too. 5 people then zerg the ball carrier and kill him. Each person that kills the ball carrier also get 1 point. Anyone who healed anyone attacking the ball carrier also gets a point. And so on...

Now you can even give more than a point at a time for something like capping a ball or killing a ball carrier that is x yards from your goal line.

Thats hutball.

Voidstar can be something similar. Give points to people who stop doors from being capped, healing and doors capped. Doors capped should give a lot more than 1 point based on how hard it is to cap a door. Healing also would get points based on healing door cappers and for every x amount of healing you do you get points once you hit that number. So if someone gets 20k healing lets say he gets 1 point.

Civil War would be capping gets points and killing people trying to cap your turret would in turn get you points. Healing would work same as above as you would get x points per say 20k healing.

These numbers are obviously not great and not a lot of thought was put in to them (as Im not an employee of bioware and dont get paid to figure such numbers out) but this is a system if properly thought out would work. This system would not reward people for running around all over the place and doing nothing but killing people.

Im sure more can be added to this and stuff that I said could be tweaked somewhat but I think this is a much better system then they are currently offering.

Thoughts?

There was an enormous topic discussing this about a week or two back. And now:

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

So...it's coming.

There was an enormous topic discussing this about a week or two back. And now:

So...it's coming.

Saying something is coming is pretty bland. WHAT is exactly coming? Unless they offer a point system based on my post from above then I doubt it will be any good. And knowing Bioware it will be a half assed lazy fix that only slightly improves what we see now.

Saying something is coming is pretty bland. WHAT is exactly coming? Unless they offer a point system based on my post from above then I doubt it will be any good. And knowing Bioware it will be a half assed lazy fix that only slightly improves what we see now.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a topic to discuss reasonable ideas and any word from the devs regarding their implementation. It's funny how you went from potentially optimistic to rabid irrationality.

Good luck with that.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was a topic to discuss reasonable ideas and any word from the devs regarding their implementation. It's funny how you went from potentially optimistic to rabid irrationality.

Good luck with that.

When they give an answer like "changes are coming" but do not tell us what these changes are who can blame people for being less than optimistic?

There is a reason I posted this wall of text. There is no information on what changes will be made so I offered something that would work.

So we ask them for clarification. They're removing the reliance on wins so they know the reward system in place was not a good system. They're increasing the value of commendations and providing medals for objective based gameplay. They recognize they did not properly incentivize cooperation, teamwork or objective-based gameplay and we now have word from a dev stating that they are shifting the rewards to focus on that.

Beyond asking for further clarification of these new systems, there's not much more to be done. We know they're heading in a good direction, there's an entire separate forum for suggestions like the one you posted, and getting mad or expecting the worst is pointless.

Let's just see where they go with this.

What you posted does not work, but I am quite sure it is better than what we will be really getting.

Curious as to why you do not think it would work. As I stated its not perfect and can probably use a lot of tweaking but I think overall it would work with some proper math added in.

Curious as to why you do not think it would work. As I stated its not perfect and can probably use a lot of tweaking but I think overall it would work with some proper math added in.

Because players do EXACTLY what will get them rewards, ALL THE TIME.

If grabbing and passing a ball will give them points, then there is no reason whatsoever to actually fight. There will be premades grabbing the ball, going back to their goal line and passing the ball 100 times per minute.

And thats all they will be doing.

Same with what Bioware is actually trying right now... if WINNING will not be part of whatever is needed to get rewards, then winning will not happen anymore. Why try to win, if it doesnt matter?

For meanignful PvP you need a conflict, you need conflicting objectives. Even Bioware isnt getting that... if one team can get their objectives AND the other team can get their objectives AT THE SAME TIME, then thats what they will be doing.

Sorry but I saw great irony in your calling BW half assed while you have yet to pick an avatar. lol Just an observation.

On topic. I like your point based system, however what is to prevent pre-mades being made and nothing but passing back and forth going on? Try and think of exploits, because it is not "if the community will do it" it is when and how badly.

Fix the daily system..

A simple fix, to complete the PVP daily you need 90 points, 30 points for a won game, 15 for a loss.

Makes it worth sticking it out with a horrid pug group vrs a premade cause you at least get something for your trouble, so you wont get as many quiters.