Should an Annihilation Marauder use Vicious Strike?

Mcleavestein

I respeced Annihilation 2 days ago, and I found something interesting. I rarely find a situation to use Vicious Strike. It seems that building rage with Assault between dots to throw the huge Annihilate hits, Force scream/Deadly Throw is more useful. Am I missing something?

thb i dont use deadly throw at all (except healers), since the dmg/rage ratio is higher for vicious slash also it combines well with deadly saber and beserk if anhilation is on cd.

Edited by darth_billy

I see. Is it really worth it to use if you don't have full Rage though? It takes a full bar to use Annihilate and put up my dots, so why not just build rage instead? Maybe throw Ravage if you are full on rage and and your dots and Annihilate are on CD. I'm really trying to simplify my set up. I've run out of primary Hotkeys, so if I could take one ability off, it would help a lot.

I see. Is it really worth it to use if you don't have full Rage though? It takes a full bar to use Annihilate and put up my dots, so why not just build rage instead? Maybe throw Ravage if you are full on rage and and your dots and Annihilate are on CD. I'm really trying to simplify my set up. I've run out of primary Hotkeys, so if I could take one ability off, it would help a lot.

VS should be refreshing the CD on your Rupture, which can be VERY important after you burst someone down to immediately get all your potential damage and CDs on a target. I'm not saying spam the ability, but EVERY ability has its proper situation to be used. VS just happens to be more often than a lot.

I respeced Annihilation 2 days ago, and I found something interesting. I rarely find a situation to use Vicious Strike. It seems that building rage with Assault between dots to throw the huge Annihilate hits, Force scream/Deadly Throw is more useful. Am I missing something?

were you playing rage before?

yeah probably your problem then. Vicious slash for annihilation is pretty good as it resets rupture. IMO force scream isn't worth using, you can get two vicious slashes out of it and it's that much better.

Interesting... Do you think I should just unbind Scream? I'm out of hotkeys =D

I changed a few enhancements from surge/crit to surge power. Since then I tried using force scream in my rotation because all the bonuses were up and more as something when I am out of melee range, as tends to happen in raids and pvp, and I have to say it does chew your rage up too quick as anni.

Deadly throw is what I used to use and will go back to using it, Seems to be physical and hopefully procs deadly saber, I don't watch the debuff bar.

I also try not to vicious unless i have to, I don't get that lucky with the 33% chance to reset rupture. Unless of course they changed it and I havent noticed.

yeah probably your problem then. Vicious slash for annihilation is pretty good as it resets rupture. IMO force scream isn't worth using, you can get two vicious slashes out of it and it's that much better.

And when the Operative/Sniper is escaping you with 1k health for 3 seconds of 100% dodge/parry/deflect, you will wish you had scream bound to finish him off. EVERY ability has its uses in every spec, and thinking otherwise will inhibit your performance and make you worse off.

Edited by Ridisi

And when the Operative/Sniper is escaping you with 1k health for 3 seconds of 100% dodge/parry/deflect, you will wish you had scream bound to finish him off. EVERY ability has its uses in every spec, and thinking otherwise will inhibit your performance and make you worse off.

or you could smash, choke.

The problem is key bind space... and most the time my dots are stacked on them anyways so they run and die to dot ticks the rest it's them dying 3 seconds later.

I would say take 2 out of seeping wound and 1 out of ferocity.

Tying a snare to rupture sounds nice, but it is not necessary considering you have a 0 cd snare that costs only 2 rage, lasts twice as long, and snares for 20% more.

yeah but tying a snare to rupture saves you 2 points and a global cool down. the 30% does just fine.

you should finish people only with vicious throw mate;)