Cybertech, do I make purple 22's?

lueckjathom

I'm currently level 46 and I have my cyber maxed and the blue quality schematics for my armoring and mod 22's.

Is it worth the mandalorian iron to make the purple versions and have them waiting for me for when I hit 49? I saw that they are rating 124... Is it fairly easy at 50 through dailies to get better or equivalent? Or is making the 124's now going to help me out significantly in getting to be able to make the 23, 24, 25 mods?

Just trying to get a headstart, but also don't want to waste expensive mats on something I don't really need to make.

Any advice is appreciated.

the only way to craft above #22 is to get the schematics from operations. Even if you re it to purple its still a mod #22.

As for whether its worthwhile to make the, it breaks down to a few things

- A lot of higher level mods are available through daily questing. armoring can be bought with daily commendations and are 23 or 24. You get a single mod through a daily group quest, and an enhancement from another.

The thing is there are some stat combinations lacking that can be made by cybertech/artifice. At the same time its a +2 stat difference between crafted/daily quest so it depends.

So a crafted purple 22 is only a 2 stat difference between the ones from dailies? (which you mentioned are 23 or 24 but I have no idea what quality/color they are)

The fact that there are different qualities of the same name make it almost impossible to have a reasonable discussion about things.

Edited by lueckjathom

Go to Ilum or Belsavis and see if they offer what you want with the Armoring. If so, then don't bother with RE'ing. I got the purple schematic for the Armoring I would need when I hit 49 while I was around level 40, and I haven't even used it once. You can get everything you need within 2 weeks, and the Mods you can get from one of the quests is actually superior. It's a group quest, but you can solo it easily (at least on Imperial side).

Worse yet, you likely will never be able to make any profit from those schematics. The Armoring and Mods are BoE, which means that people run the quests and then sell the rewards on the GTN for much less than it takes to craft them, on my server anyway. I see the Armoring for 20k quite often.