Pvp news made my insides tingle!

Isitme

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

Omg, if they pull this off in a decent manner i will cry.

Sweet!

Edited by Isitme

Gabe Amatangelo: It is not sanctioned behavior. In Game Update 1.2 we will be making changes to the Warzone rewards system, which will de-incentivize this type of behavior. This will include the removal of the interim bag/quest system, the introduction of the direct purchase of gear from Warzone and Ranked Warzone commendations, 14 new objective-based medals and participation scaling the rewards. Additionally, players will have the option to vote kick idlers. Kicked players will not be able to re-queue for several minutes.

Sweet!

they wont

Edited by cycao

Sweet!

they listened they actually listened...objective based medals omg omg omg *tears of joy*

Edited by jonnyshadow

@.@

However what gets me is "rewards scale with participation" Will I need 3 medals to get full benefit? 4? 5? I need more details on this topic before I post. I don't wanna be the lone guy guarding the other door in voidstar for 15 minutes, and get ****ed out of "participation" because of it. Y'all know what I mean, the second I leave that door someone will stealth cap it :(

I could care less about Medals.. thats all you guys are talking about lol, and yes I play objectives.

I'm a little hesitate and pissed off on the fact that it sounds like Ranked WZs might have different gear. Now another time for people to have an advantage over others, which will make it worse now for the lower tier person..

Yay expertise!

@.@

However what gets me is "rewards scale with participation" Will I need 3 medals to get full benefit? 4? 5? I need more details on this topic before I post. I don't wanna be the lone guy guarding the other door in voidstar for 15 minutes, and get ****ed out of "participation" because of it. Y'all know what I mean, the second I leave that door someone will stealth cap it :(

they are adding 14 objective based medals...and im assuming they are going to keep the old ones to..so im pretty sure most people will at least pull 5 per match minimum with all the medals assuming they are playing the objective and helping the team reach the goal...pretty sure thats good participation no need to be scared there (also in voidstar you can only gaurd the door for about 7 min for defense, then you will have the attacking round and thats were most tend to get the medals and were participation rises-no one have to watch doors-since your on the offensive)

I could care less about Medals.. thats all you guys are talking about lol, and yes I play objectives.

I'm a little hesitate and pissed off on the fact that it sounds like Ranked WZs might have different gear. Now another time for people to have an advantage over others, which will make it worse now for the lower tier person..

Yay expertise!

dont bring qq in a joyous thread :p

Yay expertise!

Dont you realise that the masses of people whos only after those shiny medals will actually help win the wz now instead of just zerging around?

These changes have so much potential i could dance.

Voting system is good in theory

But I can see it being widely abused

Whoa to new 50s with little gear shamefully will get voted off from the start

There will really need to be some type of control against abuse on voting off

How that's achieved? I really don't know

Voting system is good in theory

But I can see it being widely abused

Whoa to new 50s with little gear shamefully will get voted off from the start

There will really need to be some type of control against abuse on voting off

How that's achieved? I really don't know

Shamefully? If the person did not take the the time to gear up to a proper level before entering pvp perhaps they shouldnt be there. If they really wanted to play though, they could just create their own team and get rolled all the time.

It'd be like a jugg tank with 10k hp wanted to tank hardmode eternity vault. You would laugh his butt off and tell him to get reasonably geared first. I have little desire to handhold people using level 40ish greens in the 50 bracket.

Shamefully? If the person did not take the the time to gear up to a proper level before entering pvp perhaps they shouldnt be there. If they really wanted to play though, they could just create their own team and get rolled all the time.

It'd be like a jugg tank with 10k hp wanted to tank hardmode eternity vault. You would laugh his butt off and tell him to get reasonably geared first. I have little desire to handhold people using level 40ish greens in the 50 bracket.

Then go and play ranked wzs.

Normal warzones and elitism should never be mixed as it makes no sense.

Dont you realise that the masses of people whos only after those shiny medals will actually help win the wz now instead of just zerging around?

These changes have so much potential i could dance.

Great...so more people will do pointless disneyland PVP instead of Bioware actually fixing world PVP.

If we are in ranked WZ's and we are all level 50's and valor 20. chances are most of our gear is going to be similar. Sure you could get a random guy that has no gear. Maybe he needs a bit of guidance.

Lot of worry about what might happen on a system that we don't even have a clue what it will be.

If we are in ranked WZ's and we are all level 50's and valor 20. chances are most of our gear is going to be similar. Sure you could get a random guy that has no gear. Maybe he needs a bit of guidance.

Lot of worry about what might happen on a system that we don't even have a clue what it will be.

No...we know one thing. They are spending time trying to fix pointless WZs instead of fixing world pvp.

No...we know one thing. They are spending time trying to fix pointless WZs instead of fixing world pvp.

That is a matter of opinion. Some may call world pvp pointless and the other way around.

Thing is, world pvp in this game is so borked it doesnt need fixes, it needs a complete rewamp. (Yes illum, im looking at you)

Does anyone else find it strange that you didn't get medals for objectives in the first place?

It seems very basic.. Seriously even those of us who know nothing about anything... If you where designing a PVP warzones reward system... First thing you would want rewards for is accomplishing the objectives in the Warzone no?

Anyway glad they are working on it... Seems really *********** stupid it's taking this long though.

The changes do not contain enough details to say what will happen.

If they really do not penalize leaving a BG, then they will not fix the leaver issue.

They will fix PART of the leaver issue as the incentive goes down, however that will not be enough to cover the leaving of fully equipped players.

If they remove the daily quest that involves winning, I am pretty sure PvP will die for every player that likes PvP for the fun of it. I hope the new daily quest objectives are ADDED and do not replace the current daily.

The new medals will lead to players having endgame equipment much sooner, this will be a bad change overall. Also it leads to objective trading and players that selfishly try to achieve everything for their daily while not caring about winning or teammates.

The patch is like all the other Bioware patches.... TOO little.. TOO late. It wont address leavers, so it wont matter to me.