Dear Georg - Show and Tell Time

Aluscia

Hi Georg,

I've read through your Q&A reply to us a few times now, and gotten over my initial knee jerk reactions and despair. I'll pull it up for reference sake (at least the section I want to ask more about):

Georg Zoeller: Our stance is that all full healer specs should be viable for all type of content, which is the case, even for 16 man Operations. Our own players have no issues clearing any of the content in the game, on all difficulty levels, with any healer spec. Data from the Live game shows Operations, at all sizes, being successfully run with Commando and Scoundrel healers. It is expected for certain Operations bosses to create challenges for different healer archetypes (e.g. due to mobility requirements), but overall, every healer archetype is capable of successfully healing through any Operations and Flashpoint content in the game (currently and in the future).

Based on this statement, I would like you to provide us with your data. There's no reason to be afraid (heck, in some other games, players can do this investigatory work themselves), in fact, it may go a long way to shedding light on this topic. The data I'd like to see is the following:

How many Operations groups (or percentage of groups, if you don't want to give us raw numbers), specifically on Nightmare mode, have completed all bosses with a Sage/Sorc healer in the group. Then I want to see the numbers on the number of Ops groups that have completed Nightmare mode content with Commando/Merc heals, and of course, another for Scoundrel/Operative heals. If you're feeling generous (and want to help us with our math), you could also provide us with a population breakdown of level 50s split between the classes (Like Sage/Sorc vs Commando/Merc vs Scoundrel/Operative) so we can corroborate or dismiss the argument that "because there are more Sages/Sorcs playing, the percentage of completed Ops groups with Sages/Sorcs in them is comparable".

Please provide us with these numbers not because we don't believe you, but because we genuinely want to know. I want to trust that your data is good (I have no reason to doubt it isn't), but I want to see the data myself so I can feel comforted and sleep better at night.

Thanks

Hello!

We do understand how important these issues are to all of you. However, we would like to remind you of the forum guidelines, specifically:

• Using the words EA, Electronic Arts, BioWare, LucasArts or any Developer or SWTOR CS member’s name in a thread topic is frowned on.

We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for a constructive community discussion. If you would like to discuss your reactions to the Q&A, please post them in one of the discussion threads linked below:

Q & A Results!

Mercs and OP get a buff and Sorcs get a nerf in 1.2

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible! You folks have been really great at keeping the discussions here constructive.