Anyone else having their PVP ruined by 5 vs 8 constantly?

Seethreepeo

Im getting sick to the back teeth of this appalling queueing system, almost every game now at the point the game starts we have 5 players, they always have 8.

Its ruining the game, havent they learnt anything from other mmos?

Its just as easy to implement the 1in 1in system so your never more than 1 man disadvantage, wow had eventually as it ruined bgs for some servers.

If this doesnt affect you then please dont bother responding.

If it does, then bump!

Until yesterday I hadn't had to many matches like that, but over the past 24 hours on Belgroth every time I que'd up (I'm a Republic player) we had at most 5 players vs a full Imp group, I stopped Queing after 5-6 WZ like that in a row and figured I'd try again in a few days. I think the main issue is the Imps vastly outnumber republic still so they'll always have a full group, and a lot of Republic are obviously just not queing for WZ anymore....they are beginning to get rather stale.

I still think Tiers are needed as well...I'm 47 and when I get into a WZ and all my allies are 25 and under I groan. I want everyone to have fun and be compete but even with bolster there isn't much those low lvls can do when fighting a guy in his 40s, they are simply overpowered by the amount of abilities he has.

Much better to keep 25s and under in their own Tier then one for the mid ranged and the 50s one they put in. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by LoganOleary

yeah it's good to read that the next patch will supposedly at least fix the whole 8+ deal, but lately it has happened way too often that I've been in an ops with 3 people while the others were a full ops. yesterday I was in a 3 people ops twice and once it was just me and another player (voidstar, so one went left, and one right... died twice, then the round was over. lol)

Fixing 9+ players is a start but I agree with those who think 5 v 8 is actually a bigger issue than 8 v 11. They need to tweak their matchmaking to stop it happening as much, if Imperials have to wait a bit longer until there are enough Republics in the queue for a full group then so be it. (I'd say that means 10 in the queue at least, rather than popping as soon as 8 is reached.)

Just adding my support to this thread. Sure a 4 v 8 match ends after 120 seconds, which is all well and good, but guess what, it gives the other side a free win, which eventually equates to free champ, centurion, or battlemaster gear.

Since it is usually the Imps that are getting the free wins, this problem just compounds itself over time, ie, they get gear much faster, which makes them harder to kill, which means that they win more and more matches, which makes it harder for the other side to get wins, which means it takes them longer to get gear, which means they lose more and more. It's a vicious cycle.

Easy fix? Just don't give out wins if the matches end early. Give people their commendations , credits, and xp, but not wins.

Also, and this is just my opinion, games that rely too heavily on gear are doomed to fail, and right now, level 50 pvp relies faaaaar to heavily on pvp gear. Get rid of expertise I say.

Edited by Threnos
grammar

Just adding my support to this thread. Sure a 4 v 8 match ends after 120 seconds, which is all well and good, but guess what, it gives the other side a free win, which eventually equates to free champ, centurion, or battlemaster gear.

Actually, one time we did manage to win Huttball when outnumbered by snagging the ball and playing keep away till the timer ran out. Must have pissed the Imps off to beat them that way because Huttball is to Empire what Starcraft is to Koreans.

Also, if you're complaining about someone getting PvP gear faster than you then you might as well just stop PvPing in MMOs all together because there's always going to be some guy who spent more time playing and is running around in God-mode two-shotting everyone else.

Edited by Abanoth

Since it is usually the Imps that are getting the free wins, this problem just compounds itself over time, ie, they get gear much faster, which makes them harder to kill, which means that they win more and more matches, which makes it harder for the other side to get wins, which means it takes them longer to get gear, which means they lose more and more. It's a vicious cycle.

Easy fix? Just don't give out wins if the matches end early. Give people their commendations , credits, and xp, but not wins.

Also, and this is just my opinion, games that rely too heavily on gear are doomed to fail, and right now, level 50 pvp relies faaaaar to heavily on pvp gear. Get rid of expertise I say.

Totally agree with this post. In three consecutive games, this happened to me today, it is just giving free wins to the most overpopulated and by consequence geared faction.

The problem with this becomes:

If you win an "equal" starting match, they just need to leave to deny you the win.

This griefing will happen instantly.

Especially since BM *only* need wins for their gear grind.

Literally - you'd just see BM's quitting left/right/centre to stop you from winning, forcing the match to end early. Which would either result in more BM's being replaced - and then leaving, or lower valor players being farmed from a bad situation.

What should happen - is only allow +1 player to join when starting until the sides are equal +/- 1 on either side. If people rage quit. Well, screw em.

I'd also look to change the way WZ Dailies are handled, but that's another topic.

Edited by Dorkfrey

Tell people in your faction to stop queueing but rejecting the invite when it pops.

How is that BW's fault?

*the 9+ players on a team is a whole other matter*

spoken like someone who obviously has no idea how the wz queue works.

it pops as soon as there are 5 people on both sides. problem is filling the last 3 slots for republic is going to take 2 minutes on non-full servers, while the sith will fill instantly due to more sith and less republic. and all things being even by that time the game is usually over due to 5 v 8 disadvantage

has nothing to do with anyone rejecting anything

Edited by bicuspid