possible pvp cylinder for BH to fix arsenal

Iserath

I wish there could be something done to make arsenal more mobile AT LEAST... what if we had a cylinder that made tracer insta cast... or uninterruptable or something!!! Or possibly make Unload have a 20-30% proc to insta cast tracer missiles? or have a 5/10/15% on damage chance at an insta cast tracer. ANYTHING to help stop the chain interupt/stun/death... Right now if we go to cast an ability, one our WHOLE tree revolves around too, we are interrupted RIGHT away limiting the abilities we can use and certainly not the one ability the whole tree is built to revolve around. After the interrupt wears off I will begin to recast only to be hit right away with a stun. I will "trinket" the stun, if you will, and you guessed it! BOOM interrupted and not able to cast again for at least 4 seconds.l.. now that my "trinket" has been used im wide open for an 8 second stun while my opponent can heal/dance/go to the restroom or do whatever before he returns to pulverize me into the ground.

I also wanted to add that mercs don't get an interrupt of our own. UNLESS you count the talented knock back on rocket punch that only stops what they are doing but they are free to cast again right away. Powertechs do however get quell lasting 4 seconds on an 8 sec or 6 sec talented cd... But thats besides the point.. I really just wanted to get at our level 50 ability:

mercenary level 50 ability: Instantly cast ONE ability... affect lasts 15 seconds before it fades or will fade after an ability is casted..........one....

Powertech level 50 ability: Fifteen seconds of 25% CRIT....on everything.. not one attack.. on all of them...

Can this please be looked at....please.... I have two bounty hunters now because I was forced to try Powertech after all that work. I played from pre release so there really wasn't a lot of information for me to make my choice. Even letting founders switch to the other AC ONLY ONCE would be nice too.. we had barley any idea what we were getting into at the time!

Thanks for your time guys... and Bio!!!

Edited by Iserath

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to play a dot class. I want to play a class that has burst... or make it the only ability that cant be interrupted.. but the two BH level 50 abilities are FAR from fair...:cool: Even if it was changed to insta cast the global is the same amount of time as it takes to cast the ability so no time would be gained or lost... only mobility! no damage boost or loss there.. im just trying to think with an open mind, rather than L2P and just go pyro... no.. i want to play arsenal because i like the style... but put any dev on an arsenal merc and have them go play a WZ or two and they will see exactly what i mean... Edited by Iserath

I dont want to play a dot class. I want to play a class that has burst... or make it the only ability that cant be interrupted.. but the two BH level 50 abilities are FAR from fair...:cool:

If you have tried all specs before deciding that Merc does not meet your requirements then instead of asking BW to change the class to suit your desires you could try a different class.

:edit:

Skill trees & abilities were all public knowledge before pre-release.

I was in the last 3-4 beta weekends and I was accessing them on various websites at that point in time.

Edited by Jestunhi

ahhh you want godmode instant tracer armor reduce ppl fall over dead style

the only thing that would change would be i could move at the same time.. you could still CC me.. stun me.. knock me back.. los.. it takes the same amount of time anyways.. insta cast = 1.5 sec global = same as cast time...

Skill trees & abilities were all public knowledge before pre-release.

I was in the last 3-4 beta weekends and I was accessing them on various websites at that point in time.

i wasn't in beta... wish i was.. but why do they make nerfs and buffs to the classes if it was all sorted out and posted pre-release??

i wasn't in beta... wish i was.. but why do they make nerfs and buffs to the classes if it was all sorted out and posted pre-release??

You don't need to be.

Access to the internet is available without being a SWTOR subscriber.

But my point was that you could have easily found out in advance what type of class Merc is before creating it whether you created him yesterday or on the first day of early access.

No MMO is perfectly balanced at release and if you think it ever will be then you must be new to MMOs.

Every change alters balance. How many of the people posting about how things should change do you think actually use the test server to thoroughly test the upcoming patches? Very few, but they're the first to post new threads whining when the changes aren't exactly what they wanted or if insufficient testing causede them to be released when they weren't correct.

Edited by Jestunhi

why cant people just respond with feedback rather than attacking me, telling me how wrong and stupid i am... all i did was put an idea out there to solve a problem that seems like it needs an adjustment of some kind. I wouldn't and have never responded the way you guys are. But to each their own! keeping my fingers crossed for someone with some actual input :rolleyes:

why cant people just respond with feedback rather than attacking me, telling me how wrong and stupid i am... all i did was put an idea out there to solve a problem that seems like it needs an adjustment of some kind. I wouldn't and have never responded the way you guys are. But to each their own! keeping my fingers crossed for someone with some actual input :rolleyes:

It's your personal solution to what you think of as a problem.

There's a big difference.

:Edit:

Low mobility isn't a "problem" if the class was designed & balanced based on it.

Edited by Jestunhi

and im just putting it out there... thinking out of the "just go pyro" box but you would think im saying just boost our damage by OVAR NINE THOUSAND PERZENTZ + GOD MODE... just some ideas that people can tweak and maybe find something that works.. cause as it is now.. chain stun and cc is all arsenal is if you dont hide and wait to shoot at people while they dont see you...

and im just putting it out there... thinking out of the "just go pyro" box but you would think im saying just boost our damage by OVAR NINE THOUSAND PERZENTZ + GOD MODE... just some ideas that people can tweak and maybe find something that works.. cause as it is now.. chain stun and cc is all arsenal is if you dont hide and wait to shoot at people while they dont see you...

How would removing the induction stop you being attacked / focused / CCd / chain stunned?

The proposed solution does not seem to fit the problem.

:Edit:

Low mobility isn't a "problem" if the class was designed & balanced based on it.

its not the low mobility, its the chain interrupt/cc/interrupt/cc/ almost dead if not dead,,, now what? fire a few instants? go to cast? interrupted... the whole tree is based around something we have to cast multiple times, but its hard to do when everyone can stop it with an instant cast ability that locks you out of those attacks just long enough for it to come off CD and do it again with the help of some cc or in the case of some classes just the interrupts alone are enough...

its not the low mobility, its the chain interrupt/cc/interrupt/cc/ almost dead if not dead,,, now what? fire a few instants? go to cast? interrupted... the whole tree is based around something we have to cast multiple times, but its hard to do when everyone can stop it with an instant cast ability that locks you out of those attacks just long enough for it to come off CD and do it again with the help of some cc or in the case of some classes just the interrupts alone are enough...

How many of your enemies have 30m interrupts?

Look, plenty of mercs & commandos do very well (in fact tracer / grav shot is still one of the most complained about attacks). If you don't I can assure you it's not because the class needs buffing.

"fix" arsenal by making... tracer instant? wait what? where am i? guys?

so you dont wanna play pyro, cause you want to play a burst class, guess what, the pyro tree has pretty decent burst... set guy on fire, thermal him, railshot him ~2.5k+, rocketpunch him ~1.6k+ (now the thermal goes of for about ~2.8k), unload ~800+, if it procs cancel, railshot again ~2.5k+, finish with insta power shot 1.8k+... and while all this happens, you have 2 dots on him... u can also use a free instant fusion missile somewhere in between instead of the power shot...

but yeah, this spec also requires you to use more than one button...

Edited by BombaLuigi

Let me put it in a way that you could undestand what you´re asking.

Arsenal now : 1.5sec cast time main ability to build up defence and create heatsigs to make other attacks more potent. Weakness low mobility and the dependance on using one ability that can be interrupted.

Arsenal your way : no cast time main attack to build def and heatsigs to make other attacks more potent. Weakness ... elevated heat build up which you´d ***** about next.

GET IT NOW ??

That's your weakness - deal with it. You are welcome to switch to Power Shot if your Tracer gets locked.

Every AC has that annoying something that makes life hard, that's how it works.

Ahh, how nice being immune to all interrupts ever on my Sniper...

Edited by Gaidax