My PVP Build

defilerr

So after sifting through every build i could conjure..i ended up with

WitherChain (31/0/10)

I use all stalker gear.

This build feels great, it gives you great versatility in pvp. I do great damage, and i last alot longer (not so squishy).

I cant see using another build right now, my kills, ball running, medals, ball handler support, everything is just sooo much better.

Edited by defilerr

-2 Thrashing blades

-2 Nerve Wracking

+1 Dark Ward

+3 Shroud of Darkness

Make those changes and it will be the same as the build I have been using since early access. I wear full battlemaster gear except for 2 pieces of soon to be rakata. The 2 set rakata bonus gives another +5% shield chance for dark ward. You'll stay alive a bit longer with those changes, and in that extra time you'll put out more dps than thrashing blades & nerve wracking would have added. The extra defense also helps in huttball for scoring/guarding.

Edited by scorpinot

-2 Thrashing blades

-2 Nerve Wracking

+1 Dark Ward

+3 Shroud of Darkness

Make those changes and it will be the same as the build I have been using since early access. I wear full battlemaster gear except for 2 pieces of soon to be rakata. The 2 set rakata bonus gives another +5% shield chance for dark ward. You'll stay alive a bit longer with those changes, and in that extra time you'll put out more dps than thrashing blades & nerve wracking would have added. The extra defense also helps in huttball for scoring/guarding.

i use Nerve Wracking while using assassinate.

thrashing blades i found useful because this spec is all about getting chain shocks for harness darkness.

Im not a fan of dark ward in PVP, or using a shield...

and the shroud just isnt worth it to me if im not rolling around in survivor gear anyway. basically im playing like deception in a tank spec.

i don;t understand why you would ever use stalker set with this talent spec...

just go survivor set and change all mods/enhanchements much much better.

20 sec spike is awesome and 5% more dmg all the time is invaluable compared to force slow and jolt (dont remember what 4piece bonus is)

also atleast on my server i face lots of jedi knights (mostly sentinels but some guardians aswell) and gunslingers so shield is recommended(you can shield most of their attacks). i have tried with focus and i couldnt 1v1 efficiently those classes. also the force regen from shielding an attack is really good.

thats my 0,02 about your itemization.

the build otherwise is rly good (i would idd take dark war instead of the electrocute/spike perk but thats personal and experience preference).

personally i find death field 10 times better than wither, and harnessed darkness is only rly good for 1v1 cause in warzones standing still casting as a melee is just bad (even if you use recklesness and cast from 30m then for 6 seconds you are out of the fight till you are on their tail again. much better to constantly be in melee range)

20 sec spike is awesome and 5% more dmg all the time is invaluable compared to force slow and jolt (dont remember what 4piece bonus is)

also atleast on my server i face lots of jedi knights (mostly sentinels but some guardians aswell) and gunslingers so shield is recommended(you can shield most of their attacks). i have tried with focus and i couldnt 1v1 efficiently those classes. also the force regen from shielding an attack is really good.

the build otherwise is rly good (i would idd take dark war instead of the electrocute/spike perk but thats personal and experience preference).

personally i find death field 10 times better than wither, and harnessed darkness is only rly good for 1v1 cause in warzones standing still casting as a melee is just bad (even if you use recklesness and cast from 30m then for 6 seconds you are out of the fight till you are on their tail again. much better to constantly be in melee range)

i dont use shield, because i dont play this spec like a tank...i play it like its dps, and it works great....as for your qoute "harnessed darkness is only rly good for 1v1" all pvp is 1 on 1, until you move to the next guy. and being that this whole spec is based on a great harness darkness finish, it works just how it should. i cant tell you how many times that move has finished a guy from half health. and a couple more swings and im casting another one. i cast harness darkness kills so many times during a wz i lose count. what i want to get across to guys is, you can play this spec just like deception with more versatility and survivability.

i dont want to show them how to play a "tank" in a wz. a shield is for a tank, im just a melee dps thats harder to kill. i dont run around with a healer, and ill tell you, i dont die but maybe once or twice in any wz. its the best spec ive found, just incedible.

Thanks for build, I have been toying around with Darkness builds myself. I'm going to give this a shot!

not a problem, if you run into questions while trying it, hit me up. it took me 3-4 warzones to get used to it. it plays wierd at first, but man once you lock it in., its a blast.

Edited by defilerr

because the 4 piece from stalker gives me more for my buck. its more pvp oriented. 5% cant make up for 2 great pvp bonuses.

the 4 piece from survivors isnt always active. you have to have someone on guard. which works good if you are a (tank), with a healer etc. not the way im playing it. strickly dps

Edited by defilerr

Great post and thanks for the feedback. I understand you are playing this tank-build as a DPS.

I have a couple questions....

Build:

So why the 2 pts in Hollow? you don't have a shield for absorb, just for the healing?

Would those 2 pts be better spent in Electric Execution for more damage?

What about the Lightning reflexes? Is it for Force Regen? Defense? again, those could go into EE instead for more damage instead

Play:

Where\when do you actually use Wither?

Do you use Wither as an opener over Force Slow? Both - do they stack the slow %?

I realize it can add to Harnessed Darkness as your closer, but I was just thinking those 4 pts from WIther and Mounting Darkness could be used elsewhere.... like Claws of Decay (I assume you use Thrash more than Maul?) and Dark Embrace (for more force regen)

I am just trying to get a better sense of how you play it:cool:

Great post and thanks for the feedback. I understand you are playing this tank-build as a DPS.

I have a couple questions....

Build:

So why the 2 pts in Hollow? you don't have a shield for absorb, just for the healing?

Would those 2 pts be better spent in Electric Execution for more damage?

What about the Lightning reflexes? Is it for Force Regen? Defense? again, those could go into EE instead for more damage instead

Play:

Where\when do you actually use Wither?

Do you use Wither as an opener over Force Slow? Both - do they stack the slow %?

I realize it can add to Harnessed Darkness as your closer, but I was just thinking those 4 pts from WIther and Mounting Darkness could be used elsewhere.... like Claws of Decay (I assume you use Thrash more than Maul?) and Dark Embrace (for more force regen)

I am just trying to get a better sense of how you play it:cool:

Honestly this template came right out of the assassin codex on this forum: but hopefully i can clarify some answers.

1. So why the 2 pts in Hollow? you don't have a shield for absorb, just for the healing?

A: its all about the heal. heal+normal buff is great, i use it all the time.

2. Would those 2 pts be better spent in Electric Execution for more damage?

A: maybe, and you can dabble with it, however the heal ontop of your biochem heal is wonderful. this build is not just about dps, there are better trees for straight deeps. this is about dps and survivability. this gives both.

3.What about the Lightning reflexes? Is it for Force Regen? Defense? again, those could go into EE instead for more damage instead

A: parry deflect = force regen. i never run out of force, i cant spend it quick enough. you have a ton of instant casts that need force, this spec is great for force regen. again its all about balance. dps/survive. i hear alot of complaints about assassins not lasting long in pvp. this build is designed to grind your enemy away, most of the time im at 90% health as they die.

4. Where\when do you actually use Wither?

A: i use the hell out of wither, mine hits for 800- 1.2k (ish). and its instant. i usually open up with a shock, because i want to get my harness darkness as fast as possible. so on a 1v1 it really all depends on the situation. but i might shock, discharge, wither, thrash spike shock, shock, harness if they are still alive. obviously the wither and discharge use the area effect, so you nail a few others and get them down before you start on them next.

i save my slow for when i need it, ball carrier, guy chasing ball carrier, guy escaping death etc. but i can also pull them back to me if they run, so they are going to have a hard time running.

5. I realize it can add to Harnessed Darkness as your closer, but I was just thinking those 4 pts from WIther and Mounting Darkness could be used elsewhere.... like Claws of Decay (I assume you use Thrash more than Maul?) and Dark Embrace (for more force regen)

A: I only use thrash to proc shocks, or finish someone if my other cooldowns are down. i use wither and discharge way more. and a 15% and 30% increase to those comes out to be some pretty nice damage. remember in pvp you might be on one guy, but there is probably another one right next to him. your 50% solo thrash increase isnt going to help you with the next target. I get into 2 v 1 all the time, and you have so many options to win and survive with this. i think the reason it was put into the sith assassin codex for a pvp build is because its just all around easy...

Edited by defilerr

Thanks for discussionon this build; I am definitely going to try it. Just curious, are the two points in Premonition mainly to help with detecting stealthies in PvP? Or, is the extra 2% in defense it gives the main point of putting the 2 skills points here? Thanks!

I use something similar to this but in full battlemaster stalker but with a shield and survivor weap.

20k HP and the survivability dark ward adds is invaluable, I would recommend that anyone who uses this build do not skip dark ward.

You go stalker because the effect you cant remember is AMAZING.. An extra charge and reduces the CD by 15 seconds on Recklessness.

I use something similar to this but in full battlemaster stalker but with a shield and survivor weap.

20k HP and the survivability dark ward adds is invaluable, I would recommend that anyone who uses this build do not skip dark ward.

I call BS, Dark ward give a 15% chance to absorb 20% damage in full stalker gear. So you may have a total of 20% for 20% which is about 4% damage mitigation. That isnt "invaluable survivability"

Go full DPS and use a focus and faceroll people with this spec. Use your CDs smartly and never die in this spec. Never get kited again and put up 400k damage, 100K prot, 75k healing and be the true MvP of your WZs.

Here is the spec I currently use....

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200dIMozrskrsZZf0cM.1

Edited by Haphaman

Shields are basically useless against 3 classes (Operative/Sorcerer/Mercenary), not to mention 35% chance to block 20% damage is just 7% damage reduction, and you're still expanding some Force to keep up Dark Ward.

The biggest 1on1 matchup is probably Marauder right now. While most of their attacks appear to be shieldable, I'm pretty sure physical dots are not shielded which is a very significant source of their DPS. And again your expected DPS reduction is at most 7% without any absorb/shield items, while using a focus increases your damage by at least 5% just on the Force Power difference (not even counting any other offensive stats), so you're pretty much taking 7% less damage some of the time (doens't work on dots) but also doing probably 7% less damage all the time and that's not a good deal.

Shield might be pretty good against some other melee classes but those classes don't give you much problem, especially not if you can kite them. It's good against Snipers, but Snipers are usually easy to beat if you get into melee range and if not, having better defense won't help either.