Over-powered Elites

GrumpyBill

First of all, I'd like to give the game developers a pat on the back for all the hard work and imagination put into this game. You folks have really made an interesting game that is, for the most part, a lot of fun to play.

HOWEVER, the issue with severely over-powered elites is a major drawback to the fun we would otherwise have. Let's get serious, folks. To expect a person to take out an elite with twice your own HP is a bit unrealistic. even IF you gave us powers like Force Stasis (or other spells for other classes)! And to put two of those over-powered elites in the same group with a strong person is even more unrealistic! This doesn't include the number of credits we have to spend after fighting these guys, either. I have (lately) been on 2m heroics where I not only had to face multiple elites, but also a Champion in order to complete the heroic. It is totally unreasonable to ask this of a player!!

Therefore, in order to make the game more enjoyable, you seriously need to knock down the health of the elites. I could go back to playing WoW, where the playing field is a little bit more easy on the nerves (and blood pressure), but I really like this game.

I suggest that, rather than all the (what I feel are) mickey-mouse fixes, you need to address this issue that other people feel should be corrected, also!

First of all, I'd like to give the game developers a pat on the back for all the hard work and imagination put into this game. You folks have really made an interesting game that is, for the most part, a lot of fun to play.

HOWEVER, the issue with severely over-powered elites is a major drawback to the fun we would otherwise have. Let's get serious, folks. To expect a person to take out an elite with twice your own HP is a bit unrealistic. even IF you gave us powers like Force Stasis (or other spells for other classes)! And to put two of those over-powered elites in the same group with a strong person is even more unrealistic! This doesn't include the number of credits we have to spend after fighting these guys, either. I have (lately) been on 2m heroics where I not only had to face multiple elites, but also a Champion in order to complete the heroic. It is totally unreasonable to ask this of a player!!

Therefore, in order to make the game more enjoyable, you seriously need to knock down the health of the elites. I could go back to playing WoW, where the playing field is a little bit more easy on the nerves (and blood pressure), but I really like this game.

I suggest that, rather than all the (what I feel are) mickey-mouse fixes, you need to address this issue that other people feel should be corrected, also!

you not been to alderan then where you can take out champions with 100k health? and i have 7 k health on my scrub.

going back to the the topic stun 1 elite or cc if you have, nuke silver mob, use a companion you have geared. IF you cant heal use a geared healing toon, makes the world of difference. holiday's cc is pro if your leveling a dps sage/shadow

if you want faceroll easy mode leveling just do the FP's

i am very happy with all the trash in this game, as is my guild. the only complaint we get about mobs is darth artho and the consular boss around level 40ish. not posting specifics as i cant use spoiler tags on my blackberry atm.

Edit see bold: HC 2+ are for 2 or more people, lots of people find them easy to solo, but if you cant that's not the games fault. i can happily solo 2+ on all of my toons yes i have 1 of every class and advanced class.

Edited by Deathnasty

Hey! Your post wasn't laced with invective and hatred. We can't have that on these forums, GrumpyBill! Just kidding. :cool: On topic: By and large, most elites and heroics are quite doable using appropriate strategy and teamwork. If you're having trouble with a certain elite or encounter, just double or even triple check your strategy and make sure you're at an appropriate level. If that fails, you can either try and find someone to help you in game, or you can ask for tips here. If after that you truly believe that it's still overpowered, then write up a post detailing why. Some of them really might be overtuned, but I don't think that there's a widespread problem.

My only gripe about mobs is that some of them feel like they cheat by reacting to certain events with the speed of a computer, though most of them seem to be droids, and that...actually kinda makes sense.

No less a PITA, but ya know...thinking about it past the annoyance, fighting a walking supercomputer that seems to instantly react to things like being force charged and whatnot doesn't seem unreasonable.

Other than that, mob fights feel like they take a bit too long in higher levels and become more of a chore than I personally like. That's about the worst I can say on the matter though.

you not been to alderan then where you can take out champions with 100k health? and i have 7 k health on my scrub.

if you want faceroll easy mode leveling just do the FP's

i am very happy with all the trash in this game, as is my guild. 0Edit see bold: HC 2+ are for 2 or more people, lots of people find them easy to solo, but if you cant that's not the games fault. i can happily solo 2+ on all of my toons yes i have 1 of every class and advanced class.

Your post shows you are nothing more than an elitist SNOB. I am not an elitist; just a guy who wants to enjoy the game. It is *******s like you that keep the good people from trying to get some reasonable changes made to the game. FO

I think the mobs are fine. I like they hit hard, and we need lots of CCs, stuns, interrupts to get them down fine. Just going in and burning them is not good enough. so we need to play carefully, which is good.

The only problem I have with heroic quests, are the rewards. At least the last ones I did in Alderaan. The heroic 4 quests are pretty hard, and take a long time. In the end, we get some blue items, or blue weapon mods... Quite lackluster for the effort it takes to tackle those quests. The rewards should be improved a bit, like orange gear (like previous planets), or something else.

Tried a +4 heroic on Voss - with 4 actual (good) players, no companions. 3 players level 50, one 49 (about to level). We couldn't take the last mob (Champion). Tried various tactics - stunning the elite it came with, nuking the elite it came with, kiting, all sorts. Just couldn't take down the lvl 46 Champ.

So yeah, I hear what you're saying.

L2P. Really.

My marauder was able to solo a bunch of heroic 4+ on Hoth except for the last one at the end.

Some classes can solo better than others. My maruader can handle 2+ gold-starred elites plus a semi-elite if I use a consumable and my major abilities. You can break spawns up to make them manageable.

As far as the champion elite the only time they become unmanageable is if they have some super ability to deal a large amount of damage that cannot be interrupted.

Also there is a reason it says 2+ or 4+. Why are you complaining if you can't do it solo?

Edited by grueber

Your post shows you are nothing more than an elitist SNOB. I am not an elitist; just a guy who wants to enjoy the game. It is *******s like you that keep the good people from trying to get some reasonable changes made to the game. FO

Wow Grumpy you really are Grumpy.

I see nothing in his post making him an elitist snob, but your reply shows that you might be.

Now on topic. The mobs are fine. I can solo some Heroic 2 quests and some I need to take a partner with, thus that is why they are Heroic 2s. With the H4s you need a group. They are designed for groups not solo play but as it has been pointed out you can with proper techniques solo most of the H2s.

From all the different topics on this forum most that have commented on heroics seem to believe they are fine so demanding a change because you can not solo them is going against what most people say and in turn would make the game worse off for the most.

I don't so much mind all the champs/elites/strongs in heroics, since they are for more than one person

I can't stand all the strongs/elites/champions on your SINGLE player quests, really???

I mean really your lvl 10 and the end guy of your SINGLE player quest is a lvl 15 champion, equal to a maybe 20 to 25 normal player, really???

random trash mobs in the non heroic world should not be strongs and elites and champions, its just ridiculous

another game learned from its mistakes and removed all elite types from questing, so you know people would actually do those quests

I don't so much mind all the champs/elites/strongs in heroics, since they are for more than one person

I can't stand all the strongs/elites/champions on your SINGLE player quests, really???

I mean really your lvl 10 and the end guy of your SINGLE player quest is a lvl 15 champion, equal to a maybe 20 to 25 normal player, really???

random trash mobs in the non heroic world should not be strongs and elites and champions, its just ridiculous

another game learned from its mistakes and removed all elite types from questing, so you know people would actually do those quests

Not sure what quest you are talking about. I have 1 of every class and they are all level 17+ and I have never found a champ or boss more then 1 level above me.

Well, there's one champion dumped randomly in a Bonus Series Bonus Quest on Balmorra- republic version, that's the only one I've encountered.

Actually, Elites seem quite... subjective. Which is to say that as an Assassin, they were something to approach with a great deal of trepidation unless three or four levels below me. As a gunslinger... one level below is straightforward, provided no wandering idiot mob blunders into the battle at the wrong moment.

Since the major difference between the two classes, for me, is that I'm competent at one (ranged DPS 'burning down') and hopeless at the other (melee combat simply isn't me, I prefer not to get blood on my coat; especially not *my* blood), that probably means it's about strategy, interrupting where possible, and all that. Probably. Though all elites may be elite, but some are definitely more elite than others.