stealth is way too good

orangehomer

it's kind of dumb to have a broken game mechanic that really has nothing to do with the lore of the game. i never heard of invisible sith. stealth adds absolutely zero to this game and it is stupid from a lore stand point. please remove this broken mechanic and try again.

I should have known that the player base this game would attract would be whiny, nerdy, and annoying glad I unsubed.......

Yet you're still here on the forums... complaining about the player base since you can't complain about a game you're not playing. Well done!

I assume you've never played the kotor games, stealth fields were used often then. It also helps to not so much think about it as invisibility, more along the lines of your character tactfully maneuvering and taking someone by surprise.

The idea behind "stealth field" does strike me as invisibility..

I mean, in most science fiction universes, stealth is actually invisibility due to a gadget of sorts. It's usually not perfect invisibility(like in starcraft for example, invisible units can be seen when they're moving, and they look like a blurry translucent blob)

Edited by Grotpar

Didnt vader go stealth?

No because he's a Warrior, not an Inquisitor. He just hid in the shadows and being in all black it worked out for him.

Assassins can go stealth because they use the force to do so, it's not a generator or some gadget like that. Just like sith can use the force to prolong their lives even after a fatal wound i.e. Darth Maul or come back from the dead like Darth Sidius they can also do many other things if their will is strong enough like live for centuries.

Edited by AzraelCales

it's kind of dumb to have a broken game mechanic that really has nothing to do with the lore of the game. i never heard of invisible sith. stealth adds absolutely zero to this game and it is stupid from a lore stand point. please remove this broken mechanic and try again.

Force Cloak.

/thread

It's not a "broken" mechanic. It works as intended and there are plenty of counters. Stealth is fine.

If anything i'd say its a little bit underpowered since people can detect you from a longer distance than in other games. You actualy have to try if you want to stay hidden.

Excuse me?

A New Hope, first Star Wars film ever. Obi-Wan Kenobi stealths through the Death Star, occasionally using mind tricks to make himself invisible.

The OP is just whining because some stealther ganked him. Get over it dude. It works as intended and there's nothing wrong with it lore wise.

Excuse me?

A New Hope, first Star Wars film ever. Obi-Wan Kenobi stealths through the Death Star, occasionally using mind tricks to make himself invisible.

He also uses force cloak to leave his own ship in Episode 3 on the planet Utapau so that Grievous' spies think he left the planet.

lol.

Stealth is completely part of the lore. I played the SWG rpg since the early 90's (hell maybe earlier) and force stealth and cloak mechanics have been in it forever.

Star Wars has nearly every kind of tech and most fantasy concepts within it throughout various expanded universe additions and formats. You may wish to start using your imagination too.

I assume you've never played the kotor games, stealth fields were used often then. It also helps to not so much think about it as invisibility, more along the lines of your character tactfully maneuvering and taking someone by surprise.

Thanks for beating me to the punch! So yes, well said.

Yeah its hard to see a 7 foot 300 pound sith sneaking up right in FRONT of you. :eek: