Things I would change in SWTOR

DonMarko

1. PVP, create 10 level bracket system

2. Make a LFG system that is cross server (no one talks to each other unless they are drunk)

3. Add more races, its fracking SW for gawd sakes.

4. Add a none combat class, such as ENT, crafter/salesman, something for the people who like to come on and be social, this game needs those people bad.

5. FIX the reb storylines, there is nothing epic about making a reb toon at all.

6. Make sprint a lv10 ability, geezuz, I mean really, its 4 levels.

7. Make events, tripple exp weekends, combat event, social events, weekly, for gear, schemes, exp, and fun.

8. FIX crafting, no matter how hard i try can never make lv15 stuff untill I am lv17, or 11 stuff till I am 13, I mean come on. Just fix the numbers so people get that stuff when they need it, not after the fact.

9. FIX agent and smuggler so both specs can go stealth

10. Fix inqis so both specs can use duel saber.

11. Give out better gear for class quests, *** am I going to do with a lv13 green at lv15, i mean really? Find the guy that did that and fire him and send him over to SOE.

12. More gear options, colors, looks, some way for us to change the look the way we like it.

13. FIX SPACE COMBAT, allow other people on your ship to be gunners and get EXP

14. ADD IN SPACE LOOT from kills.

15. ADD in GUILD CREATED CITYS, some way to bring out the social aspects of people and get those "I looted a purple" to take the back seat.

If you do not make the game more social, its going to fall apart. I know people who played SWG for years just because the social stuff was so good.

If I made typos deal with it, I am not spell checking it. lol

Edited by DonMarko

• 2 years later...

I could sort of get behind this, But ultimately I would just prefer they continue to improve the bolster system since right now its mostly split up based on when most classes are roughly ability complete (except post makeb abilities)

2. Make a LFG system that is cross server (no one talks to each other unless they are drunk)

I really don't understand the constant demand for this. Most servers probably have about the same mix of tanks,healers, and DPS.

The queue times may go down very little if at all.

Plus I think you just don't like talking. i have recruited several raiders and guild members in LFG.

Races take time to add. Considering the success of Cathar I would be shocked if we don't see more.

But they have already said they will only add races that can speak basic

4. Add a none combat class, such as ENT, crafter/salesman, something for the people who like to come on and be social, this game needs those people bad.

I don't think it would be a horrible idea... I would just fear about it making already established crafters that much more stronger.

5. FIX the reb storylines, there is nothing epic about making a reb toon at all.

All of the class stories are good to different people.

No reason to completely change a class story because you don't like it.

Uh... I am pretty sure I have sprint on every new toon I make. I think it is just preferred and f2p that don't get it at level 1... in which I am just fine with them leaving it at 15. I mean really.. its 5 more levels >.>

7. Make events, tripple exp weekends, combat event, social events, weekly, for gear, schemes, exp, and fun.

No need for anything more then double xp weekends... you can almost get away with only doing class stories as it is. Any more then that and you will way over level just with class stories.

More events I can get behind though.

8. FIX crafting, no matter how hard i try can never make lv15 stuff untill I am lv17, or 11 stuff till I am 13, I mean come on. Just fix the numbers so people get that stuff when they need it, not after the fact.

Since the only level issue for crafting is that you have to be level 50 to go above 400... thats your own issue not the games.

They are different classes. The last thing we need are more stealth classes

What exactly does this fix?

11. Give out better gear for class quests, *** am I going to do with a lv13 green at lv15, i mean really? Find the guy that did that and fire him and send him over to SOE.

Are you doing your class stories late or something? I have always found the gear that I get from class stories useful...

12. More gear options, colors, looks, some way for us to change the look the way we like it.

Orange gear plus dyes.

You can wear whatever armor you want

Not really a fix... more adding to it.

This would be interesting but it should be a completely different game and not part of GSF.

What would be the point?

15. ADD in GUILD CREATED CITYS, some way to bring out the social aspects of people and get those "I looted a purple" to take the back seat.

We are getting guild capital ships

If you do not make the game more social, its going to fall apart. I know people who played SWG for years just because the social stuff was so good.

As far as not spell checking it... Unless you are using a browser from the 90s... its built in.

You lost me here already. I think that is a very stupid idea... at least without cross server warzones. But even with such option I don't see the advantange in what you are suggesting. I would prefer to get that people can select warzones to be taken off their rotation when the amount of people queueing isn't an issue instead of creating brackets nobody needs.

As far as not spell checking it... Unless you are using a browser from the 90s... its built in.

I suggest using a tried and true browser like I use - Netscape Navigator. Unlike today's fancy app like browsers that update every week with new "security" patches, this one hasn't been updated since 2008. You're welcome :)

Uh... I am pretty sure I have sprint on every new toon I make. I think it is just preferred and f2p that don't get it at level 1... in which I am just fine with them leaving it at 15. I mean really.. its 5 more levels >.>

/shakes head

You know, this part really should have been your clue that you were necro'ing a 26-month old thread.

/shakes head

You know, this part really should have been your clue that you were necro'ing a 26-month old thread.

Another poster actually did the necro. Either they got the ban and had all their posts removed(which would be a new one), or the mods removed the post of the necro but left the thread unlocked. Which is weird.

Another poster actually did the necro. Either they got the ban and had all their posts removed(which would be a new one), or the mods removed the post of the necro but left the thread unlocked. Which is weird.

Ah, didn't know that. Still, point-by-point rebuttals after 26 months are a waste...as are these 125 characters I guess. :-/

Here is what i got in mind.

Remove mirror specs and create original specs/skills for each class.

Make design decisions and meta switches after a major patch, like 2.1 instead of 2.7.

Make PvP/GS cross server b/w pvp/pve/RP servers.

Do class balancing on a design principle, instead of listening feedback from players for everything.

Find a way to merge GS with the combat we have, thus coming up with guild ship battles.

Stop releasing buggy stuff that makes people leave the day they returned to the game. Get an internal testing team .

Add new stats like "Resist" and "Mastery" to keep optimization more interesting varied for end game.

Just realized its an epic necro :p.

Who cares !

If you ask me we need this thread now ;) .

Edited by Hakkology

i'd go for 1 and 8. Sprint is already available as low as level one, no?

.....and to this day......no way would I want cross server group finder for PVE content. People NOT TALKING to each other is the GOOD thing. With cross severs we would get all the chatter, arguments, nonsense we have seen in every game that has tried it because there is NO accountability, no reputation to be lost, no lack of people to run with because you are on everyone's ignore list on the server.

Do it for PVP. PVP is all about player smashing and intimidating, but not PVE. No way. I'd rather wait for a good group then get a bunch of jackwagons quickly.

Edited by Blackardin

Nice necro of a thread from 2012 that didn't have a single response. I'm sure the TC is coming back to defend his points.

Does not have to. As was suggested, a fine demonstration of the doom and gloom arguments being exactly what they are, hyperbole and conjecture floating in a sea of irrationality. ;p

Please tell me not all is serious... You call many things fixes when they're changes, and don't seem to have played some classes you want to change. :/

1. Nothing major, but sounds good for 30-54.

2. No one talks to each other? Huh? Anyway I've never liked cross server ideas.

3. If BioWare made enough money they'd consider it.

4. You just stand around with everybody green? Elaborate.

5. Do you mean rep? I find rep storylines fine and sometimes better than imp. If not, what on Earth is a reb...

6. Lvl 6-10 is 4 lvls... Err...

7. They do have events, but they could increase the appearance of good ones.

8. I've never run into a buffer and my crew skills are definitely on-lvl.

9. Why does a Sniper/Gunslinger need stealth?

10. Double bladed sabers are designed for assassins since they give a lot of melee damage. Sorcs are ranged.

11. It's alright for first time, if you have 10 different chars crafting every possible thing... Then just get the alternate reward.

12. There are ways, but they're limited. I think the graphics just generally suck.

15. They're doing a little to guild things, but I'm not sure what these cities would do...

EDIT: Aww really? 2012? That's like... Stone Age. New stuff please.

Edited by TheRandomno