Remove Race/Class restrictions

Eerekai

Why should they? You can't have Republic Chiss characters, they are currently the Empire's only ally. Rattataki have been subjected by the Sith Empire as well. For story reasons the Sith Warrior can only be its current races, and even the Zabrak is a stretch there.

And similarly, Mirialans are some of the Republic's longest standing members, Imperial Mirialans wouldn't make much sense.

It's a story driven game, the races you play need to make sense within the context of the story and the Star Wars universe itself.

Why should they? You can't have Republic Chiss characters, they are currently the Empire's only ally. Rattataki have been subjected by the Sith Empire as well. For story reasons the Sith Warrior can only be its current races, and even the Zabrak is a stretch there.

And similarly, Mirialans are some of the Republic's longest standing members, Imperial Mirialans wouldn't make much sense.

It's a story driven game, the races you play need to make sense within the context of the story and the Star Wars universe itself.

Some extra options would work, though. Bounty Hunters could easily be ANY species, even Mirialans. Same with Smugglers (Chiss would work there!). Both are fringe classes that aren't necessarily allied to either side, tho their story puts them there. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one disappointed that I couldn't roll a Chiss Warrior/Inquisitor.

I'd like to see them *loosened* slightly in some ways, but not done away with.

I don't see why, for instance, all Republic-aligned Zabrak 'have' to be of one phenotype while all Imperial ones are of another. I 'get' that they're two diverse ethnic groups... but, as others have commented, that kind of thing doesn't really apply to smugglers and/or bounty hunters, who are *wanderers* whose allegiances to one side or the other are forged *during* the game, rather than being racial in nature. Even that aside, the idea of a 100% factional/ethnicity match stretches credibility somewhat.

Given their role and function, I'd have thought having more Republic-typical races available to Imperial Agents would make sense as well- if the Chiss are a staunch Imperial ally, for instance. a Chiss makes for a pretty obvious spy, whereas a Mirialan would be rather less conspicuous.

Perhaps racial expansion could be provided at the same time as getting rid of 'cyborg' and putting the 'cybernetics' as a tab, like scars, available on all races' chargen sliders, which would make *vastly* more sense than 'cyborg' as a *species*.

I should have been more clear in my original post. :jawa_tongue:

This originally came about when I went to make a Twi'lek trooper and found out I couldn't. I think the race/class restriction should be lifted inside the standing factions.

It's a bit dumb that cyborgs can't be force sensitive. (Even though I completely agree that they need to make cybernetics an option for every race.) I also agree that it does make some sense for there to be all variations of Zabrak to be available on Republic and Imperials. If you're force sensitive, you can go either way.

Hm, Twi'lek troopers should *definitely* be allowable, given the number of Twi'lek trooper NPCs I've met. There's no logical justification for blocking a race/class combination that actually exists in world.

Given how numerous as a species they seem to be, one would expect to find them in pretty much every class that's available to humans.

Now, if we could have Ortolon smugglers... that would be immense fun, although I'm not *positive* that Risha and/or Corso would agree.

some races not have force powers there for they can not be sith. as long as the restrictions are with in the stories line of all the SW's books movies comics shows. then keep the restrictions we are playing SW not reinventing it!

Tython - Flesh Raider

I think the rough explanation is that the force is in everything and everyone and thus anyone can be force sensitive. The Sith being species-ist (like racist but uh...species) could be an explanation. But even that is a bad reason to me. If communication between a species, say the Chiss, exists with the Empire, then there's the chance of a Chiss being recognized as force sensitive and thus trained.