Rakata Mods in BM gear?

Matt_Barber

Ok so I was just looking through some posts, and saw a lot of conversation about how the BM gear works as well as the Rakata. It is my understanding that Rakata has better stats than BM (minus the Expertise), but the expertise is not linked to a mod, but rather the piece of armor itself.

So wouldn't putting all Rakata mods into a BM set be the best armor in the game then? All the Rakata stats, plus the expertise of the BM gear. Am I missing something here?

Ok so I was just looking through some posts, and saw a lot of conversation about how the BM gear works as well as the Rakata. It is my understanding that Rakata has better stats than BM (minus the Expertise), but the expertise is not linked to a mod, but rather the piece of armor itself.

So wouldn't putting all Rakata mods into a BM set be the best armor in the game then? All the Rakata stats, plus the expertise of the BM gear. Am I missing something here?

The mods in BM and Rakata gear are identical. They are rank 25 (58) mods, so the stats are the exact same. It is the base stat, aka the armoring that you can't take out yet, that makes the difference between the two sets. One has extra main stat/end (Rakata) the other has Exptertise and a lower base main stat (BM).