HM Kaon Bonus Boss Worthless

I'm sure it's been said before but I'm saying it again. The change made to the loot table of the bonus boss was not needed. The bonus boss was probably one of the tougher bosses out there and gave many average groups issues. The headache that it could cause was worth it when given the chance at a second columi head piece. So one of the hardest bosses out there in any HM flashpoint now drops a belt. Needless to say, I'll never kill this boss again. Generally, BW, if you want people to take their time to kill a bonus boss which could require more time added to the flashpoint, it should be worth it. But then again, it is just a bonus boss so maybe the loot shouldn't be as worthwhile. Still, reflect on how the final boss in Kaon HM is a complete joke when compared to the bonus boss.

haha, this bonus boss is harder than 70% of the hardmode/nightmare ops encounters... Or atleast he used to be.I haven't done kaon in ~2weeks.

so what hm/nmm raid encounters are harder?

*soa

*the robot boss in kp (if that even)

*bonethrasher in kp

this is sad times... just saying

Edited by XaviourEQ

Tank/kill...adds spawn...CC 2 kill them off one at a time. Tank/kill...adds spawn...CC all 3, burn boss, kill adds one at a time. Get loot.

yup. just saying, hes still harder than 70% of the hm/nmm raid encounters... wich is laughable. And Ive never even bothered to kill the 2nd wave of adds..just cc kill 1 droid add and a burn on the named/boss... get loot

Edited by XaviourEQ

yup. just saying, hes still harder than 70% of the hm/nmm raid encounters... wich is laughable. And Ive never even bothered to kill the 2nd wave of adds..just cc and a burn on the named/boss... get loot

Been running this with 2 snipers lately. Far too much fun to just Orbital them after boss is dead.

This boss is easy. But since he drops worthless loot, hes a worthless boss.

Same with FE bonus boss. Why kill 10 extra groups of Mobs just to waste 5 minutes on a boss that drops a tionese earpiece.

Even my companions pass on these boss's loot.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

This boss is easy. But since he drops worthless loot, hes a worthless boss.

Same with FE bonus boss. Why kill 10 extra groups of Mobs just to waste 5 minutes on a boss that drops a tionese earpiece.

Even my companions pass on these boss's loot.

ya agreed.But then again all pve content in swtor is 'easy' =D

Tank/kill...adds spawn...CC 2 kill them off one at a time. Tank/kill...adds spawn...CC all 3, burn boss, kill adds one at a time. Get loot.

Wow, you know how to type out exactly how to kill this boss, you must execute it flawlessly everytime, and I bet you can get 3 pugs to 1 shot him just because you know the fight, hell you don't even need vent if you type it out like that...

lol. GG.

on a serious note, he's on farm....or was till he dropped crap loot.

Not one of the hardest hardmode bosses; by far the hardest hardmode boss. Even when he dropped the head I wouldn't have gone for it in a pug. Too much stress on the healer, and annoyingly needs the cc. Bummer if you have any tank classes for dps (though we have managed it with just one cc).

Well, never gonna kill the boss again I think. It's too bad, because I really liked the idea of having a really hard boss as a bonus that drops really good loot. Hard fights are fun, but not in a pug.

I'm glad they changed him for this very reason:

Practically everyone exploited to kill him more easily, and you could've farmed the bonus boss for all the free Columi headpieces and alloys.

That's pretty bad.. And now he's just like any other bonus boss, so I'm quite happy this exploit was solved.

Edited by Alwaysx

I'm glad they changed him for this very reason:

Practically everyone exploited to kill him more easily, and you could've farmed the bonus boss for all the free Columi headpieces and alloys.

That's pretty bad.. And now he's just like any other bonus boss, so I'm quite happy this exploit was solved.

Oh I agree, I do think the simpler solution would have been just give the boss a limit to where you can take him, IE you walk out of the room he resets....or just (god forbid me saying this) add an enrage timer.

I'm sure it's been said before but I'm saying it again. The change made to the loot table of the bonus boss was not needed. The bonus boss was probably one of the tougher bosses out there and gave many average groups issues. The headache that it could cause was worth it when given the chance at a second columi head piece. So one of the hardest bosses out there in any HM flashpoint now drops a belt. Needless to say, I'll never kill this boss again. Generally, BW, if you want people to take their time to kill a bonus boss which could require more time added to the flashpoint, it should be worth it. But then again, it is just a bonus boss so maybe the loot shouldn't be as worthwhile. Still, reflect on how the final boss in Kaon HM is a complete joke when compared to the bonus boss.

Agreed!

if bonus bosses had lockouts like ops bosses do, where they could only be killed once a day, then it would be fine to leave it as it was

unfortunately, it was very possible to have an unlimited stream of HM final boss loot, simply by resetting the instance and running it again

this was not intended, so rather than change everything else, they just changed this one loot table

its too bad

This bonus boss was tough enough that the headpiece made sense and trying to farm it was inefficient since there is a good volume of difficult to kill trash leading up to it (even when my core group of 4 players found out about the headpiece drop, we never tried to farm it or consider doing it because of these points).

Now it's another worthless bonus boss that drops unwanted loot. Say hello to Sith Entity from me, and tell him he can sit on all the earpiece/implants he has hoarded.