How to deal with kolto injection interupts

Riggz

Use a decoy.

i.e., fire off one of the other casted heals that you don't really intend to use first and see if they interrupt it. Then, more often than not, they will not have another interrupt immediately free to cast on your real heal.

If they do not interrupt, but you do not want the "Decoy" to complete, then simply move right near the end of the casting time to cancel it; and then cast your real heal.

Use a decoy.

i.e., fire off one of the other casted heals that you don't really intend to use first and see if they interrupt it. Then, more often than not, they will not have another interrupt immediately free to cast on your real heal.

If they do not interrupt, but you do not want the "Decoy" to complete, then simply move right near the end of the casting time to cancel it; and then cast your real heal.

As an Ops, theres really only one ability that fits this -- Kolto Infusion.

Diagnostic Scan may work, but since its channelled and has a different animaton, it may not work on super-savvy players, although since DS and KInf are so rarely cast in PvP I don't think the average player would know the difference. On the other hand, DS doesn't cost a TA to start casting, so if you're caught flat-footed (which happens often in PvP) this is a decent backup.

Sniper shot works too, but you have to be in Crouch to use it, in which case people will figure out quickly whats uo.

Agree with casting Diagnostic Scan to bait the interrupt. Doesn't work against good players, but it's pretty much all we got. Kolto Infusion is a bad idea because if you have a TA up, you're better off spamming Surgical Probe when low on health.

One major problem with Kolto Injection is that the large green glowstick animation is a rather obvious flag for the interrupt.

Also, don't forget that you can proc a Tactical Advantage with Shiv for a free Surgical Probe.

This. To get TA in PvP, shiv and KP's proc are your best bet. KInj WILL be interrupted, either by traditional interrupts, stuns, or by CCs. Relying on it for your TA generation is just a risky business. Faking can work, but your only good fake would CONSUME a TA if successful. DS' cast bar goes backwards(channeled), and even an idiot will quickly learn not to waste interrupts on it (especially since it's not going to save anybody).

Also, I can't even count how many times I've faked only to be interrupted anyway even after I've cancelled my cast. This game's interrupt system isn't nearly as tight as, for example, WoW's.

LoS + Snare/Stun is also your friend.