slicing and investigation

ripamorame

I agree. I get a ton of investigation missions and I have only ever gotten 3 rare slicing missions. Compared with im sure 100-150+ rare 340 missions 3 slicing missions is an extremely low rate even accounting for randomness.

I think there is definitely a balance issue between the proc rates on different missions. I either vendor the investigation or give them away since nobody wants them and it just wastes a slot on the GTN.

I also seem to have a ton of Investigation patterns. And I've noticed as well that slicing seems to be the most rare mission I get. My guess though is that it's related to how they handle the crits. You get bonus to your crits either from companion skill, companion affection or crew skill level, and my guess is that these bonuses push you into the range for some of these crit items more easily while other things you still have a narrow chance at.

For example I've gotten like 6 Kuat Missile schems while only 1 of the others.

i don't think that is the case. I have had 400 skill on all professions since just out of early access and max 10k affection as well and the results have been the same regardless.

Right, and my point is that the crit roll for a slicing adv. mission is above whatever it is for some of the other items.

The bonuses you stack on yourself bias you to critting a certain type of schem/mission.

For example I've gotten like 6 Kuat Missile schems while only 1 of the others.

From what Iv'e read, the Kuat missiles are lvl 49, while the the other schems are lower level, so running grade 6 slicing missions (lvl 49-50) you only have a chance at the kuat missile schems.

From what Iv'e read, the Kuat missiles are lvl 49, while the the other schems are lower level, so running grade 6 slicing missions (lvl 49-50) you only have a chance at the kuat missile schems.

This is correct.

I frequently get the other ship schems when running grade 5 missions.

OP: I love when I get 340 Investigation missions. Means easy mats for making my Techstaves to sell on the GTN.

Edited by DarthDemens

who all (companions) use techblades? Republic side anyway. i thought Qyzen just used vibro swords and techstaffs.

Nope, Qyzen uses techblades and techblades only. Just checked to be sure about techstaffs, but I was sure about techblades and vibro swords, bought a vibro sword by mistake for him once.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that the reason for this is because Qyzen's main stat is Aim, and there are no hilts with Aim on them.

Edited by EricJS