Gold Sellers

Vonb

has anyone noticed how little spam we get from gold sellers?

I have to say a big THANK YOU for that, as much as I like to complain about other aspects of the game, the absence of Gold spam is really enjoyable.

And yes I know credits are easy etc... but still!

Its because the game has no economy to speak of.

All the top gear is cheaply obtainable through PvP/HM ops. There is nothing worth buying @50 apart from your speeder training and stims if you are not a biochem.

I like that there are no gold spammers but thats due to money being meaningless in this game.

All the top gear is cheaply obtainable through PvP/HM ops. There is nothing worth buying @50 apart from your speeder training and stims if you are not a biochem.

I like that there are no gold spammers but thats due to money being meaningless in this game.

Please, you don't need an economy for them. They want to sell you gear, they want to level for you, they want to sell you credits, they want to hack your account.

Your reasoning is not sound.

Edited by Azzras

I have to say a big THANK YOU for that, as much as I like to complain about other aspects of the game, the absence of Gold spam is really enjoyable.

Agreed, got about 5 mails total since game launch, never had to report the same seller twice. No tells. Good job BW.

I can sort of agree with this, at this moment in time there is no real money sink at lvl 50 apart from the mounts but i doubt thats going tobe the status quo for long, of course people need to take the blinkers off and realise the real cash from the economy isnt generate at lvl 50 but in the bracket betweem lvl 15-40 in concern to not just player gear but more companion gear.

Those being things like droid parts, weps and gear with presence on them, thats where i make my money. But the one thing to always remember.

It dont matter how easy cash is to get in the economy there will always be people who will pay to win and collect all the shiney shineys by buying it with real money who give gold sellers the market.

As such there will always be a market for gold sellers but its either the case that bioware are ultra sharp at catching and shutting them down or that the main market area that do this havnt yet had the chance to accumilate the cash or hack the accounts required for a material retail profit turning which shines to the fact that bioware really are onto of the ball when it comes to security.

I think the security is the main factor as i have yet to see one person saying that have been hacked.

Edited by Shingara

Yeah that I must say was the one of the top 5 things I loved about SWTOR... do you thikn those farmers knew something?? :D;)