Hutt-Ball Camping

Wraithai

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should BW punish people who don't want to be farmed for 10 mins?

Add a "you win" vote command which will end the WZ; the winners win and the losers don't get farmed.

You are being farmed, because you/your team plays worse. l2p instead of crying.

hm.. was this on Ajunta Pall ? Coz we regularily do that, we farm medals for a few minutes. It's nothing personal, it just gets us a bit of valor. There's no point in playing a 3 minute huttball and get 2 medals when you can get 10 medals after a few minutes of farming them.

And people like you wonder why players bail. A surrender option would be amazing in games like that. Nothing quite like being one of 2 people trying to chase a ball down while the rest of your team fights anywhere else. Games like that I'll keep leaving. And if they add a penalty for leaving, I have plenty of books I can read in the meantime with autorun turned on in a corner.

And people like you wonder why players bail. A surrender option would be amazing in games like that. Nothing quite like being one of 2 people trying to chase a ball down while the rest of your team fights anywhere else. Games like that I'll keep leaving. And if they add a penalty for leaving, I have plenty of books I can read in the meantime with autorun turned on in a corner.

I don't wonder why players bail. It's also still a l2p issue.

Think books might suit you better just leave the gaming world.

Everyone at some point in their PVP careers is going to be on both sides of this argument. You will be in a position were you can farm a team, and you will be in a position were you're getting farmed. it is the nature of the beast that is called PVP. Really the only way you will see an end to this is if the medal system is done away with and PVP rewards are restructured (highly doubt it).

Your options are pretty simple

-Just accept the loss and that is just how PVP plays out sometimes. You win some you lose some. I think I'm pretty safe in saying that everyone has farmed an opposing team at some time. I know I've been on both sides of the spectrum multiple times.

-Just leave, if you are in a situation that seriously desperate and it really bothers you that much, just bail and tell the rest of your team to bail with you. Other team still gets their win and its not like losses give you much valor/commendations anyways. True it's a jerk move and shows bad sportsmanship but if it really bothers you that much there is no penalty for leaving mid game (yet).

Or do what I do

-JUST DANCE! There have been numerous times in all three warzones were our team was just horribly outgunned and outnumbered. One instance with me being the highest PVP geared player on my team (Champ lighsaber and a couple centurion pieces) vs a team of at least six battle-masters, flat out impossible to win so....just hop out of the spawn zone and hit /dance. Sometimes the other team gets a kick out of it and laughs, honestly it relieves stress of me just realizing "Hey, nothing I/We could've done, this was a gear/Healspam/Guard/Whatever win" and just fool around until the end of the warzone.

I don't wonder why players bail. It's also still a l2p issue.

10 minutes of a miserable experience makes me want to resub. Where do I sign up for the lifetime subscription? I want to do this over and over and over and over and over again!

Punish players for having bad luck, Brilliant plan Watson! We should also make it so they can't leave. That way they can enjoy this wonderful experience and never solo queue again.

I personally hate being on both ends of this. One end is beyond frustrating, and the other is beyond boring.

Edited by Kyrandis

That is beside the point. Farming players in that fashion is griefing and in actuality it hurts your team than helps.

If you and 5 other guys are running around Huttball chasing the easiest target, what is your other 3 pals doing? Farming medals is a distraction from the actual match and it needs to be changed because it's not fair that I work harder to get and obtain points for the team but not rewarded for it because I did'nt spend 10 minutes killing pugs.

Imagine in football your on defense and as soon as they snap the ball everyone on the team charges the quarterback (not just the lineman) but does'nt cover the zone. QB passes to the reciever and he is wide open and free to score all because they wanted to score an easy sack. Now maybe they get him and maybe they don't, but stupid plays like that is gonna get your team a loss. Now who needs to l2p? How about l2p correctly.

Point is Medals are a distraction to the main game and rather than reward for performance you reward for damage, basic stuff, you don't even have to have the least deaths just do enough damage and you look like a pro. Big deal. You did'nt win the game because you spent more time on easy targets instead of killing the ball carrier. But it's all good cuz you got all dat valor. Pfft.

Ofc, it's a L2P issue. As a sniper, maybe I should start running the ball instead of harassing the ball carrier and healers? Tips?

If you want me to acknowledge your superiority in skill, I'm willing to do that by giving you the win, but being forced to hang around isn't fun for me. Is it so wrong fold when you know you've lost the hand?

More power to all of those who enjoy being farmed. I don't count myself in that number.

Think books might suit you better just leave the gaming world.

I dislike farming in huttball, it's boring and I'd rather get back to something else. Farming or being farmed is tedious. Never enjoyed steamroller matches in FPS games either, barring comp games, but that's a different bag altogether.

10 minutes of a miserable experience makes me want to resub. Where do I sign up for the lifetime subscription? I want to do this over and over and over and over and over again!

Punish players for having bad luck, Brilliant plan Watson! We should also make it so they can't leave. That way they can enjoy this wonderful experience and never solo queue again.

I personally hate being on both ends of this. One end is beyond frustrating, and the other is beyond boring.

Luck has nothing to do with it. You're getting farmed because you're the weaker team. If losing really affects you that terribly that your experience is miserable, then maybe MMOs aren't for you.

But that hasn't stopped anyone else, I suppose.

Luck has nothing to do with it. You're getting farmed because you're the weaker team. If losing really affects you that terribly that your experience is miserable, then maybe MMOs aren't for you.

Guys, I need to prove my superiority with my pebbles and lightning rather than winning. It's your fault for being randomly assigned to the enemy team.

It's not the loss, it's the pointless 10 minutes after the loss is inevitable. There's a reason I continue trying to run the ball even if we're 5 and 0 rather than dragging it out. Again, a surrender option would give you your win and would give me a chance at finding another team.

Guys, I need to prove my superiority with my pebbles and lightning rather than winning.

Oh boy, ad hominem.

It's your fault for being randomly assigned to the enemy team.

No, it's your fault for not working as a team. If you're a survivor on an island with 7 other strangers, and you die because you don't work together, is it luck's fault?

It's not the loss, it's the pointless 10 minutes after the loss is inevitable. There's a reason I continue trying to run the ball even if we're 5 and 0 rather than dragging it out. Again, a surrender option would give you your win and would give me a chance at finding another team.

If a loss is inevitable, then chill out, have fun shooting at people. This quote proves it IS about the loss for you. How can you find running a ball from one end to the other any less boring than general PvP? Make the 10 minutes worthwhile. Adapt and help others farm medals.

Edited by fredsaase

Camping is pretty much fail anyway.

When my guild is running a premade, a win against a poor pug can be as quick as 3-5 minutes. There is no sense in dragging this out to 15 minutes for an extra 5-15 commendations.

We find it much more productive to win as fast as possible then get into the next match, at primetime our queues are pretty much instant so we can play 2-3 matches in the time it takes to camp one.

But if the extra medals are important to people...it's not just the winning team that can farm them :p

Edited by Soazak

Losing is not the problem, it's part of the game. No matter how well you play, sometimes your team will be a mess (i still remember that guy with empty oranges as equip) and you will lose. No big deal.

A very different thing is when you have already lost in 5 minutes and the other team just don't want to play, just want to get medals and you will be a punching ball for 10 minutes.

How can BW avooid that? I have 2 solutions:

- Give medals for early wininig. (Then there not be any reason for camping)

- Change the way of getting medals, just to make people gain them for playing the actual game, not just for killing or for walk into the fire and heal themselves after that. (It has little sense to finish a game after scoring 5 times with no medals).

Camping is pretty much fail anyway.

When my guild is running a premade, a win against a poor pug can be as quick as 3-5 minutes. There is no sense in dragging this out to 15 minutes for an extra 5-15 commendations.

We find it much more productive to win as fast as possible then get into the next match, at primetime our queues are pretty much instant so we can play 2-3 matches in the time it takes to camp one.

But if the extra medals are important to people...it's not just the winning team that can farm them :p

Are you kidding me? Every single medal grants you 50 valor. When we finish the scoring streak usually in around 5 minutes we have 2 medals tops (for heals mostly). Then what we do is we carry the ball to the enemy goal and start passing it to them before they die. So you damage the dude, CC him, pass the ball, kill him. You end up with:

2,5k dmg, 2,5k heal, 5k heal, 75k heals, 75k dmg, 300k dmg, 10 kills, 25 kills, killing blow, 1k objectives, 3k objectives.

That's 11 medals instead of two. 9 medals = 450 valor. It is profit.

To the farmed ones: You also get medals. Get some heals, some damage. Who cares if you loose, there's gonna be another game to play. Make sure you get as many medals as humanly possible to turn that loss into a profit. Simple. I remember joining a totally lost Voidstar once. There were 90 seconds left on the timer, we were attacking, stuck on the first door. I got 6 medals before the scenario ended. Fastest valor gain ever.

Regards,

Kalantris

Fred, Corruption Sorcerer | Clever, Seer Sage

Something like that.

So... because I want the inevitable loss to be over rather than being farmed for 10 minutes because my team thought Huttball was TDM, I'm worried about the loss. That I'm willing to voluntarily take? If I'm a survivor on an island with 7 other people and I'm trying to build shelter while they're acting out Lord of the Flies, I'm just going to see how far I can swim to find another island. See, I'm not worried about the carrot on the stick. I'm playing a game with friends and we're trying to play to the WZ's objectives. If I want a mindless fragfest, I have plenty of other games for that.

Something like that.

More ad hominem. If you don't have something productive to add, don't say anything. This just tells me you're yet another plankton in a sea of whine.

So... because I want the inevitable loss to be over rather than being farmed for 10 minutes because my team thought Huttball was TDM, I'm worried about the loss. That I'm willing to voluntarily take? [snip] See, I'm not worried about the carrot on the stick. I'm playing a game with friends and we're trying to play to the WZ's objectives. If I want a mindless fragfest, I have plenty of other games for that.

Newsflash: MMO PvP is a mindless fragfest. It always has been. In every single MMO I've played, objectives have always been secondary unless it's ladder play. You're upset that you're losing, so instead of making the best of a situation you want the easy way out. I'm sorry, but I guarantee even if a surrender option were available, you'd rarely get enough votes to pass a surrender.

If I'm a survivor on an island with 7 other people and I'm trying to build shelter while they're acting out Lord of the Flies, I'm just going to see how far I can swim to find another island.

So you're willing to lessen your chances of survival because you're unable to compromise. I'm beginning to see why this is a pointless discussion.

This is the key point I think, just because they're gonna win the match doesn't mean you can't get your medals in. . .even if its just a handful.

I think the thing is that more people are /just/ worried about getting their daily done. . .and dont care about the PvP aspect at all.

More ad hominem. If you don't have something productive to add, don't say anything. This just tells me you're yet another plankton in a sea of whine.

Newsflash: MMO PvP is a mindless fragfest. It always has been. In every single MMO I've played, objectives have always been secondary unless it's ladder play. You're upset that you're losing, so instead of making the best of a situation you want the easy way out. I'm sorry, but I guarantee even if a surrender option were available, you'd rarely get enough votes to pass a surrender.

So you're willing to lessen your chances of survival because you're unable to compromise. I'm beginning to see why this is a pointless discussion.

Because.. I want the match to end rather than letting twits farm? I think I've hit closer to home than you want to admit.

Newsflash: Some people don't find it fun to lose in five minutes and be farmed for a further ten. I don't like to win in five minutes and farm for ten either. A hard fought game is a lot more enjoyable and rewarding than worrying about how special the medals make me feel or whether I need to do one game or two to buy the new carrot. A hard fought loss that went down to the wire is infinitely more fun than curbstomping the enemy team and it's unarguably more fun than being curbstomped, then farmed.

The last bit's a bit of dark humor, darker than you're implying by the way.

Edited by DeltaThirteen