Fact or Myth

Eggdude

AFAIK Lucas Arts made Revan a male and the canon ending of KoTOR lightside with Bastila being redeemed, not BioWare...just like canon says the Exile from KotOR2 is lightside female.

Yeah, they did that years ago. All SW games have a lightside canon ending per L.A.

When i played KOTOR i chose a female char, an oriental looking one in fact, Revan in this game doesn't look anything like her!

Also i didn't boost any of the jedi abilities and just went for guns the last time for more fun.

TOR has ruined my cross-over immersion!

Revan got a sex change.

AFAIK Lucas Arts made Revan a male and the canon ending of KoTOR lightside with Bastila being redeemed, not BioWare...just like canon says the Exile from KotOR2 is lightside female.

Really? In that case, I redirect my middle finger to George Lucas and his buddies at LucasArts. I'm sure they're used to it by now.

Oh, give me a break. You'd rather have them remove choices from the game than allow you to do something other than stick to canon?

It's not insulting to allow you some freedom in how you want to play. At the end of the day, someone picks the "canon" choices, and if you picked something different, you picked something different. Don't let your ego get so big that you think that the choices you made should dictate content for everyone else.

No, I'd rather keep my choices and bullocks to canon.

I don't feel that I picked something that was "different." I feel that I've now picked something that was wrong. There was no indication throughout the game at any point that there was a right or wrong answer. There was no banner saying "hey! Revan had a y chromosome, so everything you do from here on our will not really be the story" or "hey! You shouldn't have done that! That's not what Revan did. Want to try again?" I don't believe that these canon choices need to be picked.

The only real exception to this that I can think of is in Mass Effect. If my Shepard dies at the end of ME2, then the whole series is thrown out the window without her. Saying that that's obviously the wrong direction makes sense. The only way to counteract would be to stop that person from playing ME3 because they let her die lol

It's not about my ego. It's not even about the things that I picked. I've played KotOR as many ways that I can think of. I even played as a male Dark Side and Light Side, but it's not about my story. It's about everyone's.

As shown in a few of the posts in this thread, I'm not the only one that picked "differently." Anyone that played a female Light Side Revan, a female Dark Side Revan, or a male Dark Side Revan was mistaken. They made the wrong choice. All of those people were proved wrong by a mere utterance from someone at LucasArts and/or BioWare.

The point is that I don't anyone's choices to be dictated. In an RPG where you create your character and progress through a story with your choices, there should be no right or wrong for anyone. Let the player choose and be happy with that end result.

Really? In that case, I redirect my middle finger to George Lucas and his buddies at LucasArts. I'm sure they're used to it by now.

No, I'd rather keep my choices and bullocks to canon.

I don't feel that I picked something that was "different." I feel that I've now picked something that was wrong. There was no indication throughout the game at any point that there was a right or wrong answer. There was no banner saying "hey! Revan had a y chromosome, so everything you do from here on our will not really be the story" or "hey! You shouldn't have done that! That's not what Revan did. Want to try again?" I don't believe that these canon choices need to be picked.

The only real exception to this that I can think of is in Mass Effect. If my Shepard dies at the end of ME2, then the whole series is thrown out the window without her. Saying that that's obviously the wrong direction makes sense. The only way to counteract would be to stop that person from playing ME3 because they let her die lol

It's not about my ego. It's not even about the things that I picked. I've played KotOR as many ways that I can think of. I even played as a male Dark Side and Light Side, but it's not about my story. It's about everyone's.

As shown in a few of the posts in this thread, I'm not the only one that picked "differently." Anyone that played a female Light Side Revan, a female Dark Side Revan, or a male Dark Side Revan was mistaken. They made the wrong choice. All of those people were proved wrong by a mere utterance from someone at LucasArts and/or BioWare.

The point is that I don't anyone's choices to be dictated. In an RPG where you create your character and progress through a story with your choices, there should be no right or wrong for anyone. Let the player choose and be happy with that end result.

So your story was different than the canon one. That doesn't make it wrong. It just makes it non-canon. I understand the desire to say "bollocks to canon, just leave Revan and all other player characters out of it completely." But that's not really a better choice, is it? I mean, are you really saying that you're -not- okay with them saying that, canonically, your Revan wasn't the standard, but you -are- okay with them saying he/she didn't exist at all? You're not being very consistent.

Because, really, those are the only two options I'm seeing. The scope of the events in KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are significant enough that there really isn't any way that they would have happened in the Star Wars universe without making an impression on canon. So, either there -is- a set canonical Revan and a set canonical Meetra or they just don't exist in the Star Wars world at all.

Given those choices, I'd say Bioware made the right pick, given that I like a fun story. And having Revan and Meetra in this game (even though neither resembled -mine-) adds a lot to my enjoyment of the plot.

So your story was different than the canon one. That doesn't make it wrong. It just makes it non-canon. I understand the desire to say "bollocks to canon, just leave Revan and all other player characters out of it completely." But that's not really a better choice, is it? I mean, are you really saying that you're -not- okay with them saying that, canonically, your Revan wasn't the standard, but you -are- okay with them saying he/she didn't exist at all? You're not being very consistent.

Because, really, those are the only two options I'm seeing. The scope of the events in KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are significant enough that there really isn't any way that they would have happened in the Star Wars universe without making an impression on canon. So, either there -is- a set canonical Revan and a set canonical Meetra or they just don't exist in the Star Wars world at all.

Given those choices, I'd say Bioware made the right pick, given that I like a fun story. And having Revan and Meetra in this game (even though neither resembled -mine-) adds a lot to my enjoyment of the plot.

It's a hard call to make, but here would be my way to go about it:

You basically "report" the barebones events of the game as canon. Revan got Bastila off of Taris. Revan went to Dantooine to relearn the Jedi arts and discovered the Star Forge map. Revan went to Tatooine, Manaan, Kashyyyk, and Korriban to locate the other maps. Revan then went to the Star Forge to kill Malak and end the war.

What happens after that can be left out or Revan would have to be given a Light Side or Dark Side alignment. The reporting method allows players significantly more leniency rather than Revan did this on this planet and said this to this companion. That's just the way that I'd prefer things to be.

Expanded Universe--read the books.

My female Revan saved Bastilla, so....

However, I like what they (BW) have done with the storyline--unless, we come to find out that our fears are true: Revan is...eternal, like the people in Drinking Sapphire Wine (he/she can gender change).

Now my head hurts. Pass the root beer. :o

Hey everybody!

We've noticed that this thread has started to go off-topic and more into a discussion about Revan rather than where the OP can find Revan's mask and what can be done with it.

We'd greatly appreciate it if you could keep all future replies in this discussion on-topic and directly related to the OP.

Thanks!