Fact or Myth

Eggdude

When i played KOTOR i chose a female char, an oriental looking one in fact, Revan in this game doesn't look anything like her!

Also i didn't boost any of the jedi abilities and just went for guns the last time for more fun.

TOR has ruined my cross-over immersion!

When i played KOTOR i chose a female char, an oriental looking one in fact, Revan in this game doesn't look anything like her!

Also i didn't boost any of the jedi abilities and just went for guns the last time for more fun.

TOR has ruined my cross-over immersion!

A gazillion high fives!!!

Every time I do Maelstrom Prison I want to gut myself. Who is this guy? Where's he from? I played a ton of KotOR and never saw him once.

I get absolutely infuriated that they gave Revan a face and a story. I find it completely and utterly insulting. All the hundreds of hours that I've spent playing KotOR over the years have all been worthless and meaninglesss now that BioWare has turned around and said "your Revan is wrong. Everything you did was wrong. This was the right way to play the game. Didn't you get that?"

No, BioWare, I didn't get that. Revan should have remained the character that I enjoyed while playing your game in the past. A character with a look and a story and I helped to develop, not the one that you decided was the right way. Why not just make the player in KotOR a static character with the same preset gender, look, and story? Why bother with a character creation screen or alignment choices if they mean nothing to you?

A gazillion high fives!!!

Every time I do Maelstrom Prison I want to gut myself. Who is this guy? Where's he from? I played a ton of KotOR and never saw him once.

I get absolutely infuriated that they gave Revan a face and a story. I find it completely and utterly insulting. All the hundreds of hours that I've spent playing KotOR over the years have all been worthless and meaninglesss now that BioWare has turned around and said "your Revan is wrong. Everything you did was wrong. This was the right way to play the game. Didn't you get that?"

No, BioWare, I didn't get that. Revan should have remained the character that I enjoyed while playing your game in the past. A character with a look and a story and I helped to develop, not the one that you decided was the right way. Why not just make the player in KotOR a static character with the same preset gender, look, and story? Why bother with a character creation screen or alignment choices if they mean nothing to you?

INDEED!

Also i swear i remember killing Bastilla in KOTOR as she didnt like me going darkside. i might be wrong though.

Edited by Shuno

INDEED!

Also i swear i remember killing Bastilla in KOTOR as she didnt like me going darkside. i might be wrong though.

I remember failing to covert her back to the Light Side and subsequently having to kill her to stay alive. I guess I was wrong.

I also guess that in a galaxy far, far away, two women can procreate somehow or our current Grand Master wouldn't exist.

It's all very confusing stuff.

I remember failing to covert her back to the Light Side and subsequently having to kill her to stay alive. I guess I was wrong.

I also guess that in a galaxy far, far away, two women can procreate somehow or our current Grand Master wouldn't exist.

well on THAT point were pretty much to the point of doing that in our own world so...

hehe the revan thing " sorta" bothered me at first- when he got the canon treatment a few years back... I just rolled my eyes and laughed " oooh so naturally a female can't have an important role...this is star wars after all, look at padme' she was a failure of a woman on all fronts...Leia had hope- but one child dies as a kid the other becomes a dark lord, and the survivor is....well she takes after Han so she's fine. so....

but then they made the exile female by canon so, some up there.

I'm just dreading when they do the same crap for Shepard. choice only counts until they want to milk money out of a a character...Not that I disagree with them. I'd do the same in a heartbeat.

Edited by MatronAdena

Thank God for save games. Converting Bastilla back to the light was a very tricky dialogue choice.

Such an awesome moment though when I went to face her. She was standing there all ominous. Looked so cool. One of those gaming moments you never really forget.

well on THAT point were pretty much to the point of doing that in our own world so...

hehe the revan thing " sorta" bothered me at first- when he got the canon treatment a few years back... I just rolled my eyes and laughed " oooh so naturally a female can't have an important role...this is star wars after all, look at padme' she was a failure of a woman on all fronts...Leia had hope- but one child dies as a kid the other becomes a dark lord, and the survivor is....well she takes after Han so she's fine. so....

but then they made the exile female by canon so, some up there.

I'm just dreading when they do the same crap for Shepard. choice only counts until they want to milk money out of a a character...Not that I disagree with them. I'd do the same in a heartbeat.

I love Meetra, but I feel the same way about her. There's no reasons to give her a character, gender, face, or story. That should remain the player's imagination.

I agree about Shepard. I'm so glad to see all the FemShep trailers and ads. The background on my computer is a FemShep wallpaper :D. I also got the CE so I didn't have to see that stupid guy on the front of the cover wearing a male version of Commander Shepard's armour. I disagree with that imposter.

I also love the new default FemShep. Can't wait to see her kick more Reaper tail on 6 March.

You folks should really read the Revan, novel. :)

I did. I didn't like it other than some of the parts with Revan because when I hear the name "Revan" I picture my Revan with her mask on as well. It was quite comical picturing the "touching" moments between her and Bastila while she was still wearing her Sith robes and Revan mask. Easily my favourite part of the book.

Their point was that there shouldn't have been a Revan novel.

^^ This ^^

Thank God for save games. Converting Bastilla back to the light was a very tricky dialogue choice.

Such an awesome moment though when I went to face her. She was standing there all ominous. Looked so cool. One of those gaming moments you never really forget.

Agreed. It was definitely top five video game moments ever for me. KotOR itself has like 3/5 lol. The scene when Malak tells you about your identity and it shows Revan on Korriban with the camera rotating around her as she takes off her mask was just incredible. I still remember standing with controller in hand and going "WHAT?!?!" Great game.

I remember walking up to Bastila in her new robes and going "oh no, I'm going to have to fight her. This is going to suck." What a sad moment. Stupid Malak. I'm glad Revan sliced him open.

Edited by flyersfan

Their point was that there shouldn't have been a Revan novel.

So then how -should- they treat an obviously important character in the canon (given the events of KOTOR)? Ignore him/her completely?

Establishing a canon prototype for these sorts of games is really the only way to work it out. It's the same with the player character for KOTOR 2 - pretty sure "the exile" in my playthrough was a guy with a beard, not some lady named Meetra Surik.

In order to transfer the story to anything outside of individual experience, it's necessary to set a canon character and set of events. No reason to get worked up about it.

If you want to continue a story, you eventually have to make these sorts of canonical decisions. You couldn't really continue the Revan story (at least not very well) while saying "Reven went to planet X. It decided that the Sith wanted..." It? Really? :)

The same thing is going to happen with TOR as well. Some time in the future, the Jedi Knight will have a canonical sex and alignment. So will the Bounty Hunter, the Sith Warrior, etc.

If you want to continue a story, you eventually have to make these sorts of canonical decisions. You couldn't really continue the Revan story (at least not very well) while saying "Reven went to planet X. It decided that the Sith wanted..." It? Really? :)

The same thing is going to happen with TOR as well. Some time in the future, the Jedi Knight will have a canonical sex and alignment. So will the Bounty Hunter, the Sith Warrior, etc.

Then you don't continue that story or you create another game where we continue to make that character and progress through the continued story. I feel that it absolutely tarnishes the story and is insulting to all the players that didn't go the way that you, the writer, wanted or intended.

In that case, make a static character from the beginning. Forget the character creation and just play as Revan, the Revan that you initially envisioned. Had that been the case there would be no issue.

I will continue to be infuriated if the same thing happens to TOR characters. There's just no reason that I can see to do that.

Then you don't continue that story or you create another game where we continue to make that character and progress through the continued story. I feel that it absolutely tarnishes the story and is insulting to all the players that didn't go the way that you, the writer, wanted or intended.

Oh, give me a break. You'd rather have them remove choices from the game than allow you to do something other than stick to canon?

It's not insulting to allow you some freedom in how you want to play. At the end of the day, someone picks the "canon" choices, and if you picked something different, you picked something different. Don't let your ego get so big that you think that the choices you made should dictate content for everyone else.