Cant PVE with my Spec

Don't want to respec because I perform well in PvP, but I would like to PVE from time to time without changing my spec and spending 20min readjusting my quickslots. I'm a hybrid sage 21/7/13 and I've had people quit on me 1/2 way through HMs once they found out....***

Don't want to respec because I perform well in PvP, but I would like to PVE from time to time without changing my spec and spending 20min readjusting my quickslots. I'm a hybrid sage 21/7/13 and I've had people quit on me 1/2 way through HMs once they found out....***
That's because in Hards, DPS matters. A lot. If you're not a full DPS, the bosses could hit their enrage timers and easily wipe your group. And you can't heal that great either without your big 'ol AoE healfest, which is the main Sage signature move. If you want to do PvE, just decide what you want to be and respec when you decide to run HMs with folks. Credits are like water endgame if you do dalies regularly.

You'll have to switch unfortunately until some kind of dual spec comes into play.

Sigh another entitled lazy.

You can't expect a spec to be perfect in pve and pvp at the same time.

Either A) suck it up.

or B) respec whenever you want to do pve.

This isn't wow, its similar but its not WoW. Deal with it.

What does that mean? This game will have dual specs, just like WoW. This isn't some tough, harsh, unforgiving MMO.

Sigh another entitled lazy.

You can't expect a spec to be perfect in pve and pvp at the same time.

Either A) suck it up.

or B) respec whenever you want to do pve.

This isn't wow, its similar but its not WoW. Deal with it.

Never played wow extensively. Played SWG. Shouldn't have to be full Seer for a basic area heal...jus sayin.

Never played wow extensively. Played SWG. Shouldn't have to be full Seer for a basic area heal...jus sayin.

AOE heal is not a basic ability, it's the signature ability for healers to distinguish them from other sages that don't spec full healing.

If you're downing bosses and keeping everyone healed with no issue, then they're being petty. But if you're getting half-way through after numerous wipes because your heaing is subpar, it's time to bite the bullet and respec.

oh noes I cant pve in a pvp spec...your joking right?

you do realise what the flip side of that argument is don't you?

oh noes I can't pvp with my pve build<------you know the ones usually called targets

Im just saying, compared to other games, excluding wow (because every game for the foreseeable future will be a carbon copy of it), this was never an issue.

I understand gear coming into play, but why the spec difference? If I'm a 21/3/13 hybrid I should be able to heal/dps without issue. The dps is more constant instead of burst and works fine, but the heals are too weak to keep people alive in PVE.

I've seen hardcore PVE'rs come PvP with full Rakata gear and destroy with a PVE spec. The only difference is his gear.

Sentinels don't get the shaft here. PVP spec works with PVE and same with Guardian, tank is a tank. Sages have to choose one or the other depending on whether or not they should respec constantly.

I understand gear coming into play, but why the spec difference? If I'm a 21/3/13 hybrid I should be able to heal/dps without issue. The dps is more constant instead of burst and works fine, but the heals are too weak to keep people alive in PVE.
You want a hybrid spec to put out as much DPS and healing as either a pure DPS or pure healing spec would?

Um.... no? Buffing them for PvE this way would make them unbelievably powerful in PvP. There's enough sages/sorcs in PvP as it is thank you very much.

You even said people are leaving your hardmodes because you, the healer, can't put out the heals you need even though BW gives you a spec intended for this purpose. Do you have any PvE gear? Respec or content yourself with only PvPing.

I've seen hardcore PVE'rs come PvP with full Rakata gear and destroy with a PVE spec. The only difference is his gear.
Maybe they were fighting undergeared players. The actual difference is that you know exactly what you're fighting when you get into PvE, unlike PvP where it can range from fresh-50s in quest greens to fully geared BMs.

Sentinels don't get the shaft here. PVP spec works with PVE and same with Guardian, tank is a tank. Sages have to choose one or the other depending on whether or not they should respec constantly.
I don't know about that. Of course we don't have meters, but PvP Sents need more utility and survivability in PvP than in PvE where they just need face-melting DPS. That and they are a pure DPS class. So a hybrid build means less for them than it does for you.

My vigilance/defense hybrid is viable for PvE and PvP only because BW didn't design the defense tree that well and the PvP talents in Vig are also extremely good for tanking. Even as it is, my DPS is still way to low (even in Columi DPS gear) to compete with an actual DPS build. And I'm ok with this because a tank shouldn't be able to just swap gear and keep up with DPS geared/specced players. Neither should hybrid healer/DPS players.

That said, Full Defense in PvP may be viable, but it's also extremely excruciating to play as you trade any decent damage output for no real survivability gain. And any tank class gets guard and taunt.

That's because in Hards, DPS matters. A lot. If you're not a full DPS, the bosses could hit their enrage timers and easily wipe your group. And you can't heal that great either without your big 'ol AoE healfest, which is the main Sage signature move. If you want to do PvE, just decide what you want to be and respec when you decide to run HMs with folks. Credits are like water endgame if you do dalies regularly.

You can easily do any HM FP without the aoe heal and it's not even that great for FP (

different story for ops). If you have the gear, you can do any HM FP with your hybrid spec as long as you and the rest of the group isn't retarded. As a full spec healer, I use to spend a ton of time dpsing during boss fights.

hybrid specs are something heavily abused for pvp by that class and its counterpart, doesnt have much efficiency in pve settings where a complete dedidication to arole is needed.

you got to face the facts, nobody wants someone who isnt effective in a single role. and that spec isnt effective in anything. Its only good for oping on people in pvp. while classes like sages can get away without their 31 point talents in pvp to an extent, its nots really logical to try to do that in pve.

At first i thought you would be suggesting that your pvp spec and respecing all the time from it was the issue, but they arent going to accomodate hybrid specs. And i actually believe they put some initiative in to prevent their usefullness.

No you should not be able to heal and dps with a hybrid build in PvE and expect people to group with you. If you want a PvP build, stay in the warfronts. If you want to kill bosses in PvE then respec to a proper PvE spec or accept the fact that nobody will want you as their healer.