Bioware, copy Guild Wars 2 PvP

Wolfeisberg

Thanks very much for this post, OP.

I am beginning to look at GW2 seriously. I used to play GW1, but did not like the instances-heavy concept.

Furthermore, players from all over the world CAN play with players without restriction. This a HUGE PvP plus for me and my friends.

ah, so you are against having better PvP in SWTOR?

of course I am, I am against PVP period.

unless, somehow, they COMPLETELY detatched PVP from PvE. no gear crossover, no skill alterations, no 'balance issues' coming from pvp, and then I'd be all for it.

pure PvE doesn't need class balance. it needs strong roles. If it were not for PvP, the empire would not be a mere 'mirror' of the republic.

I don't have a problem with PvP per se, but I do have a problem with attempting to 'integrate' pvp with pve content.... it always leads to nerfs, bad feelings, periods of class brokenness, and an eternal, impossible, insane juggling act that cripples game development.

Edited by VelnikSP

Since GW2 isnt even out yet we can only go off of the promotional videos and whetever leaked videos from the limited betas they have. While it looks good the actual live version might not be so good. I have learned over the years to take all promotional and leaked videos stuff with a grain of salt and will judge how good it is after launch.