good ideas? NO exit FP on death

SushaBrancaleone

SO: example;

I/you go to a FP (any friggin one...)

at some point, for some reason you die. you have to realease.

SO.

what at this point we are "ported" out of the instance - with related loading screen - and then re-enter the instance - with related rolling screen -. WHY?

cos it was convention in WoW?

Its a time sink. its not fun. it DOESNT help to immerse on in your character, just cos dying is.. fastidious..

SOLUTION. on releasing from death, make people respawn where they would when re-entering the instance. this would prevent the loading screens.

pls sign!

Whats the big deal really? it would save people about 20seconds but could take a developer 2 weeks to code

At the end the day its just pixels on a screen

Because its pointless.

Because on older computers it causes a lot of a delay.

Because people used to crash on zone-in a lot.

Because it makes no sense lorewise. How the hell do I get back to the fleet after I die on Malgus's station and more importantly how do I fly back out there? Ditto for Foundry, ditto for Black Talon when you're boarding the enemy ship, etc.

[edit] before the rabid fan-boys tell me it makes no sense to get revived period, I agree. But at least it makes more sense that you would get revived at a -local- healer droid, rather than one that is many many light years away.

Edited by Ashnazg

Because its pointless.

Actually, no. See, the way it is punishes wiping just a little bit more and discourages reviving the instant you die rather than waiting for the fight to end to see if the group wins without you. And for the way some fights work, it keeps you from running back into the fight when you die and revive.

Actually, no. See, the way it is punishes wiping just a little bit more and discourages reviving the instant you die rather than waiting for the fight to end to see if the group wins without you. And for the way some fights work, it keeps you from running back into the fight when you die and revive.

Or they could create a mechanic that stops people from entering boss room when a fight is in progress. E.g. a crate moves to block the way, force field goes up, entrance caves-in, etc. That would require actual creativity though.

As it is, the only people punished in your above example are those with slow computers. Creating additional angst and frustration amongst the playerbase.

Whats the big deal really? it would save people about 20seconds but could take a developer 2 weeks to code

If everybody dies once that's 10,000 hours of playing a game an not having fun that's been rung up. Multiply that by 10, 20, 200, or even 1000 over the course of levelling to 50 and a little inconvenience becomes a massive pool of wasted time.

It's the little things that add up.

Also: Contrary to popular belief on the these forums attention to detail is not a "waste of resources".

Or they could create a mechanic that stops people from entering boss room when a fight is in progress. E.g. a crate moves to block the way, force field goes up, entrance caves-in, etc. That would require actual creativity though.

As it is, the only people punished in your above example are those with slow computers. Creating additional angst and frustration amongst the playerbase.

There's some fights that do that.

Regardless, like it or not time sinks do fill a valid design role. In this case, it's a variable time sink - doesn't alter the legitimacy.

Exactly. FP's would be far easier to steam roll if everyone could quickly return to the fight. Then all those people would complain "its to easy". Its also a reason to care less about wipes. I personally dislike wipes and do my best to survive to the very end so someone can either return to rez everyone or survive so I can rez everyone.

I'd say its a L2P issue but its more like a Deal with the Challenge.

Exactly. FP's would be far easier to steam roll if everyone could quickly return to the fight. Then all those people would complain "its to easy". Its also a reason to care less about wipes. I personally dislike wipes and do my best to survive to the very end so someone can either return to rez everyone or survive so I can rez everyone.

I'd say its a L2P issue but its more like a Deal with the Challenge.

Actually, punishing wipes is a teaching mechanic. The greater the meta-cost of failure, the more incentive you as a player have to ensure the encounter doesn't fail.

They do this so if you're in the middle of a boss fight you can't release and rejoin the fight because if you notice they don't always lock the room where the fight is, as in WoW when you're not raiding the room isn't locked out and would make the fights a lot easier becuase if the tank and healer are alive they can rephase in the FP and rejoin the fight. Not sure how it works on here because i havent done that many FPs but i know some MMOs dont let you phase in when people are in combat

They do this so if you're in the middle of a boss fight you can't release and rejoin the fight because if you notice they don't always lock the room where the fight is, as in WoW when you're not raiding the room isn't locked out and would make the fights a lot easier becuase if the tank and healer are alive they can rephase in the FP and rejoin the fight. Not sure how it works on here because i havent done that many FPs but i know some MMOs dont let you phase in when people are in combat

You can't do this in raids, but you can do this in many flashpoints.

I still have flashbacks from spawn zerging Boarding Party HM in beta.

Because its pointless.

Because on older computers it causes a lot of a delay.

Because people used to crash on zone-in a lot.

Because it makes no sense lorewise. How the hell do I get back to the fleet after I die on Malgus's station and more importantly how do I fly back out there? Ditto for Foundry, ditto for Black Talon when you're boarding the enemy ship, etc.

[edit] before the rabid fan-boys tell me it makes no sense to get revived period, I agree. But at least it makes more sense that you would get revived at a -local- healer droid, rather than one that is many many light years away.

you sir! are . .. are... cool!!!

You can't do this in raids, but you can do this in many flashpoints.

I still have flashbacks from spawn zerging Boarding Party HM in beta.

Point made. Respawning in FPs would make spawn zerging way to common, personally i dont release until the fight is over lol

running back to bosses while the group is still fighting... OK

lets take Malestorm ive, done it and saw it done on boss 1.

the only real reason its possible is cos u can keep kiting and kiting that boss (lets say it hes an idiot).

If u reenter the instance and want to run back in in fight, you will not be able to mount up.

its a long run. If your group stayed alive all that time, they deserve a win.

my point? the issue you point out is already solved by the long distnces... WAIT! it is solved by the eleveators.. u can't use them while in combat

as i already posted. elevators can already do this.

thats not too c omplicated to solve..

just apply solo death mechanics to FP death mechanics. Meaning. u cant release until the whole party is out of combat.

It would save some people 20 seconds, but it would save some of us several minutes. It takes me about 2 minutes to load back into the Fleet and then 3-4 to load back into the Flashpoint. May the Force forbid that I have to take the elevator from Taral V-like Flashpoints to go to a vendor to repair. That's another minute on top of travel time.