For Nvidia GTX5xx users, what driver release are you using?

Only-a-Lad

I'm reloading a box from scratch which will be dedicated just for playing this game. I was curious if there was a consensus on what Nvidia driver release to use.

I have both a 560TI 448 and 580 available.

Do you use a particular Beta or Release driver?

Which one?

I'm reloading a box from scratch which will be dedicated just for playing this game. I was curious if there was a consensus on what Nvidia driver release to use.

I have both a 560TI 448 and 580 available.

Do you use a particular Beta or Release driver?

Which one?

Use the most current release, and then go to Microsofts website and download the complete Direct X 9 installer, not the web installer. SWTOR is a Direct X 9 game, and the Direct X 11 software that the new cards use do not include the complete Direct X 9 library.

GTX 550ti 2gb here....I use the current release (285.62).

There are no drivers out there, beta, old or current release that will improve performance for this game....as of right now, it's just a buggy, poorly coded engine, which hopefully will be patched.

I suggest using current drivers.

To the post above regarding DirectX 9.....you shouldnt have to do that.....even if you have a DirectX 11 card....Windows Updates and drivers for graphics cards already provide DX9 drivers. No need.

Edited by Sessla

There are no drivers out there, beta, old or current release that will improve performance for this game....as of right now, it's just a buggy, poorly coded engine, which hopefully will be patched.

Also what he said.

To the post above regarding DirectX 9.....you shouldnt have to do that.....even if you have a DirectX 11 card....Windows Updates and drivers for graphics cards already provide DX9 drivers. No need.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

is that the right one?

I use beta 290.53 with a 570 gtx. No problems.

The official drivers is back from late Oct. I had to upgrade because the drivers were messing up video on Windows Media Center.

I thought the offical ones were 285.xx from october? Nvidia site says mine are optimal and i'm wary of using betas.

No, that is the web installer. This is the complete installation....l

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8109

the game provides the need dx9 files if you actually take the time to look at swtor's directory. you will see them all in there.

You would think it does, but it doesn't. That is why BioWare customer support was the original entity to tell people to download the Direct X 9 installer.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

the game provides the need dx9 files if you actually take the time to look at swtor's directory. you will see them all in there.

So there is no need to install from microsoft to get some benefit from it? I have read several times that installing a specific version of dx9 makes a difference. I am willing to try.

Edited by VegaPhone

So there is no need to install from microsoft to get some benefit from it? I have read that installing a specific version of dx9 makes a difference. I am willing to try.

No, download and install, the other person is incorrect.

Also I will add that there is no guarantee it will help, as there are more serious issues with the engine itself. Although a lot have said they did get some gain by installer those files, instead of having their Direct X 10 or Direct X 11 cards use their resources to compensate.

Edited by PostalTwinkie

Once you download that DX9c posted in link above do not lose it. That should have been the final DX9c update. Reason XP support ends this years and Microsoft has moved on to DX10, 10.1, 11. And the newest ATI 7xxx already support the new DX11.1. And specs for the new Nvidia 6xx line shows they will be DX11.1 also.

Just a correct looks like Nvidia next cards maybe labeled 7xx.

Edited by Romiz