BM Scrapper Scoundrel > BM Infiltration Shadow

AbhiX

Hey guys,

I have both the above mentioned characters

Shadow is full BM, while Scoundrel just has the accessories.

IMHO, Scoundrel is way way way better in pvp ^_^

Reasons :-

1. Better burst dmg from stealth

2. Almost comparable burst dmg to a shadow even out of stealth

3. Better sustained dmg compared to shadows out of stealth

4. Better total crit rate cause of passives as well as better crit rate for important skills

5. HEALS

6. Better CCs and they allow to create more combos

7. An instant DOT at a 30 range which can be hella useful

8. 30m range on normal attacks

9. A slow that roots as well!

The only thing infil shadow has better is the 3 sec resilience and force speed

Hey guys,

4. Better total crit rate cause of passives as well as better crit rate for important skills

5. HEALS

I absolutely hope this is a joke.

I can understand where you're coming from only because ranged classes are like easy mode in this game. I wouldn't say a scoundrel is better though...shadow game play is a lot more fluid than smuggler, you don't need cover, and you have a different kind of utility. They're both awesome, but "better" is totally preference ;).

Everyone everywhere keeps on saying how they own people. Where are the people who actually are the losing side? Different class-forums? :p

LOL...I agree with you. Someone owns a newbie 50 while they're geared and then come to forums to say "I own people". Simple fact is that you can own and be owned depending on the situation. An infiltration shadow that doesn't have force potency or adrenals to pop won't own anyone. We're just annoying people with cc's.

Now, once our force potency comes back around that's a different story. :D IMO

Lets just say you won't be able to rip apart a good scoundrel even if you fought him out of stealth ^_^

Once again, it depends on the situation. You can't honestly think that a infiltration shadow with all his stuff available (force potency, relics, adrenals) couldn't take down a scoundrel that's on CD.

The easiest way to settle this is for you to post a video of you dueling a shadow 1v1. Make sure you find an equally geared shadow (i.e. screenshot of gear before fight) and then prove u can take him down.

Hey guys,

5. HEALS

I agree that in a sense scraper scoundrels are better then inf shadows, mainly because you don't have to bust your *** to get good stats, it's pretty much the easy/Sorta ranged version of inf shadows. The main reason I agree with you is because I rolled a scoundrel as my alt and know what it's like, I doubt all these shadows that post they "pown" ops know how much easier it is as a scoundrel.

You guys are forgetting some crucial abilities we can use against other classes.

Mind Maze? If you understand how resolve works, understand when to use certain abilities. You can literally crush anyone. If you got 2 equally skilled players it comes down to who screws up first. When I PVP I play mind games a lot. I make them think I want to do one thing when I really don't.

IMO Any class can beat anyone you just need to know how to execute your abilities properly, and understand the situation.

PS.

If someone goes "MIND MAZE WHAT!?" You obviously don't understand a very very crucial ability of how to easily turn the tide in your favor.

You guys are forgetting some crucial abilities we can use against other classes.

Mind Maze? If you understand how resolve works, understand when to use certain abilities. You can literally crush anyone. If you got 2 equally skilled players it comes down to who screws up first. When I PVP I play mind games a lot. I make them think I want to do one thing when I really don't.

Mind Maze is great and available to all Shadow specs, no one is debating that; we're talking about how relative trash the deep Infil spec is, even more specifically when you're in BM gear - what I've been saying since December, you know that sick Force Breach damage you build up 5 stacks for? Operatives open with that damage and don't need stacks, just stealth, I have an Operative and you should roll one as well if you want your own comparison between Inf and Concealment/Scrapper. Even more so now with the buffs to the other trees and nerf to hybrids, why do you think there are so many 31/0/10 PvP streamers/vids going around?

I would love if the scenario you described is how actual fights go down, I don't know how one can screw up, combat isn't exactly fast-paced, resolve is simple, and learning the basics of a given tree doesn't take long, the higher skill cap really comes from knowing the other classes and their debuff/buff effects and graphics/icons. As Kinetic I have SO MUCH leeway against BM yoyo Assassins/Shadows it's not even funny. And I haven't even begun to talk about the superior utility and survivability offered by the other two trees. tldr; the deep Infil tree/Shadow Tech sacrifices a lot to do a little more damage.

IMO Any class can beat anyone you just need to know how to execute your abilities properly, and understand the situation.

One of the most naive things I've heard all month. I'd quit the game if I ever got killed by a lone Sniper in their current form.

Edited by kckkryptonite

Mind Maze is great and available to all Shadow specs, no one is debating that; we're talking about how relative trash the deep Infil spec is, even more specifically when you're in BM gear - what I've been saying since December, you know that sick Force Breach damage you build up 5 stacks for? Operatives open with that damage and don't need stacks, just stealth, I have an Operative and you should roll one as well if you want your own comparison between Inf and Concealment/Scrapper. Even more so now with the buffs to the other trees and nerf to hybrids, why do you think there are so many 31/0/10 PvP streamers/vids going around?

I would love if the scenario you described is how actual fights go down, I don't know how one can screw up, combat isn't exactly fast-paced, resolve is simple, and learning the basics of a given tree doesn't take long, the higher skill cap really comes from knowing the other classes and their debuff/buff effects and graphics/icons. As Kinetic I have SO MUCH leeway against BM yoyo Assassins/Shadows it's not even funny. And I haven't even begun to talk about the superior utility and survivability offered by the other two trees. tldr; the deep Infil tree/Shadow Tech sacrifices a lot to do a little more damage.

One of the most naive things I've heard all month. I'd quit the game if I ever got killed by a lone Sniper in their current form.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I personally think it just comes down to technique and skill. From what you're saying it's just RAW damage if I'm understanding this correctly. You're probably right in that case, but I still think if you got someone who knows the game well can take on any class effectively.

LOL...I agree with you. Someone owns a newbie 50 while they're geared and then come to forums to say "I own people". Simple fact is that you can own and be owned depending on the situation. An infiltration shadow that doesn't have force potency or adrenals to pop won't own anyone. We're just annoying people with cc's.

Now, once our force potency comes back around that's a different story. :D IMO

Are you f*cking kidding me? You can only own someone with force potency up? Either you just hit 50 and your gear sucks or you dont know how to play an inf shadow. We just have to pick our targets, there is a reason were a stealth class, plus our play style is more like support/dps not just pure "get-in-yo-face" dps, that is what marauders do. And seriously, if you have to rely on force potency all the time then your doing something wrong.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but I personally think it just comes down to technique and skill. From what you're saying it's just RAW damage if I'm understanding this correctly. You're probably right in that case, but I still think if you got someone who knows the game well can take on any class effectively.

I'm just saying there are tiers.