PvP Bracket Proposal

Exsqeeze

Greetings,

Currently Warzone PvP is bracketed into two distinct levels, 10-49 and 50 only. It is widely agreed that within the 10-49 the 40+s have a distinct ability advantage however not great enough to imbalance to a great degree. Within the level 50 bracket gear is the deciding factor and end game PvP (Battlemaster), PvE (Columni) give a very large advantage to the players (making it very difficult for new lvl 50s to get a foothold without spending exorborant credits on level purple 50 gear.

My proposal is as follows: Allow level 50s to fight within the level 10-49 bracket (as original) however set their base stat level to that of 49 and descale level 50 PvP gear to that of lvl 49 gear.

Edit:

Alternative proposal:

Bracket PvP by Valour rather than level.

Advantages

• Allows level 50s to continue working towards end game PvP gear without the difficulties of facing Battlemasters.
  • Makes the level 50 bracket a more even playing field as naturally low geared 50s will migrate to the 10-49 bracket.
  • Allows level 50 Battlemasters to have proper Battlemaster fights without freshly faced quest geared 50s getting in the way.
  • Increases the amount of experienced players in the 10-49 warzones.
  • Reduced the need for level 50s to reroll to get the 'fun' from playing in the 10-49 bracket.
  • Makes the level 50 bracket more 'elitist' where teamwork/skill is far more imporant than grind/gear.
  • Could increase the market for 49/50 crafted/looted gear and will stop players disregarding gear in the chase for BM.

Dis-Advantages

• Increases the burden on lower level players in the 10-49 bracket, however that is already a (minor) problem and there is negligable ability difference between 49 and 50.
  • Reduces the population queing for the level 50 bracket, this could mean less huttball, or less warzones altogether for 50+s.
  • People who have grinded (be it legitamitely or not) to Battlemaster have 'less meat for the grinder'.
  • Could impact level 50 crafted gear as there will be less need for PvPers to purchase it.

Discuss.

Edited by Exsqeeze

I never played vanilla WoW but does anyone know was there this much complaining and people who do not want to quest and work hard for their gear? All I have read since this game was released is people who do not seem to know what grinding is or that dont wanna play more than an hour a day to work for the top gear. I just dont understand posts like this. I get what the guy is saying but at the same time I cannot believe he is saying it.

It doesn't remove the grind, you still need as much valour to get to BM, it just makes the grind more bearable. If you have grinded you can still fight other 50 grinders and those 50s without gear who still choose to play in the 50 bracket without BM gear.

I never played vanilla WoW but does anyone know was there this much complaining and people who do not want to quest and work hard for their gear? All I have read since this game was released is people who do not seem to know what grinding is or that dont wanna play more than an hour a day to work for the top gear. I just dont understand posts like this. I get what the guy is saying but at the same time I cannot believe he is saying it.

If you would read what the OP said he didnt say anyting about not working for your gear. What he said is that it's bad to have fresh made 50's having to compete against max geared 50's where they dont stand a chance in hell of beating them regardless of their skill because of the gear disparity. Like i said i would say that i prefer they break the 50 PvP up into say 2 different tiers where you would have new to medium 50's playing against each other and have the Elite 50's competing against each other.

Edited by Talonvore

That indeed is a good idea, I also wondered why PvP isn't valour rather than level bracketed. Given there is a valour restriction to gear if the brackets were 1-59 and 60+ valour you will always be matched against similar geared players.

I wouldn't mind some kind of bracket based on gear. I'd much rather be a level 10 of some classes in the 10-49 than a new 50.

I hit 50 on my marauder yesterday and he was the character I had made for pvp. Well I'm really wishing I would have leveld my pvp chr earlier at the moment. I hit for crap all of the sudden and I can't heal or take a hit for a damn.

Illium was a big enough let down. I may end up quiting or just stop pvp before I get this guy geared. I can atleast have fun gearing for PvE. Flashpoints/ops are interesting and I can choose to do one where I'm not under geared.

On a side note, it may be better to get the endgame PVE gear and then use that to grind out your PVP gear.

i just wish they would bracket pvp by level.

level 10-25

level 25-35

level 35-45

Too many times I've played games where no one on my team is over level 17 or 18...and theother team is full of premade 45s

Bolster is nice, but doesnt solve everything, such as surge/crit rating and damage reduction.