Nar Shaddaa Abandoned?

Arch-Stanton

I've been on this planet for at least 2 hours every night this week and still cannot get a group to work the heroic group missions. At peak there are maybe 40 people on the whole planet, and the server is showing an heavy player load then.

Anyone else having this problem on their server? I want to do the story, but its impossible.

What server are you on?

Unfortunately I think this is becoming reality for most servers. I'm on Darth Malak. It was hugely populated early on in the game (as I guess most of them were) and now it's dying down. And what they said is right ^^^ as the planets get on it becomes a real problem. I'm on Belsavis and it's to the point that I don't bother to try to do every heroic like I used to. I'll abandon/leave most of them. It's incredibly hard to get a group.

You'll have more luck on weekends but it still may be tough.

Nar Shadaa is a tough nut. The Heroics there are level 30-32 (you can get starting quest at 28 I think, but it is extremely tough), but Nar Shadaa's normal quest levels are 20-24. So you have a 6 level gap between normal and Heroic. Most players have left Nar Shadaa and don't come back. They don't even come back for the neutral GTN, as most of the gear there is below level 30 items, with the bulk between the normal questing range of 20-24.

I'm on Saber of Exar Kun. On the server activity boards it doesn't show up as a light server, it still often goes into 'heavy' on peak use times, but i get the feeling a good chunk of the population either already dropped out of the game by this point (lvl 20-30) or has already progressed past it, and doesn't really bother with the story for their second time through with alts. The server has plenty of people on it, just none of them are ever on NS.

Tonight on the server two guys waited on general chat for 2.5 hours for someone to try to progress through missions far enough to help them with "Building a Better Monster", but they finally gave up and went to sleep sometime before midnight. I FINALLY found one person to team up, and we did about 6 bonus series missions together because we knew if we left group its impossible to get one again. We didn't finish, so i imagine that's the end of that.

Edited by Arch-Stanton

few days ago on Quesh I was the only one (population = 1). That was at 17:00.

On my server population more than 20 can be spoted only on Dromund Kaas and fleet (and not, not early morning - this is afternoon/evening).

On Belsavis it is up to 20 - only because there are several 50's doing dailies...

Edited by Wojbor

I tried to do everything there was to do on Quesh while there and the population never went above 3. The other two players appear to have popped in, done the class quest as fast as possible, and popped right back out. I was hoping when I went there to farm some cool Biotech mats (since the lore has lots of interesting things to say about that), but there weren't any unusualy or unique mats.

I did all the quests that appeared, took about two hours and have not bene back. Quesh is a lonely little planet.

i just started on my "new" server as my old server was made to be all republic and this was to be all imperial..

on balmoral <can't remember the server sorry> the population is between 10 to 35 turning prime time <7pm to 1 am roughly on an EST server> and you can't get 4 man groups going on these world as most are either speed leveling to get to max and ignoring this kind of content or sadly just "goofing around" at spare times.

this game did the same thing that every game has done post that other game,that shall remain nameless, and that is a really fast leveling performance right from the outset rather than slowing the leveling at first so now you have a lot of high levels and the mid to low levels either have to be lucky to meet someone and be either guilded or backpacked to higher levels or find a group of premades to join up with and make new characters with.

sadly this has been the way the games have been for 3 to 5 years and will be until someone figures this into their business planning <and if you use this idea and finally get a game past the first 2 years send me a royalties check AS THIS IS all that had to be done to fix many of the up and coming games that flopped hard>

SWToR won't die off completely but i don't think it will be really popular either as things stand and though some servers are showing as "heavy" in the evening" the whole population is now in fleet waiting for raid (sorry to compare to WoW but this is what happened there year 2 or so of wrath and the game went down hill from there)

i like the game but the population issues will only grow worse as people grow more and more annoyed with soloing to max level to get to "raid levels" and then later start being ignored for raids as there will be many raiders and few slots available to way nothing for all the people that have never learned how to group till max level so it becomes the same thing in WoW and that is that you have to know someone before you even get to try.<all this took WoW 5 to 6 years? i think but SWToR is there in 2 months which is very bad>

troll lol olol away at me i am sure but i start MMOs with MUDs and a text game under the genie games and the UO EQ CoX WoW SWG, champions Online, jade dynasty, perfect world, AoC, GW rifts<and sorry to all the games that came and went that i can't even remember anymore> most of which i played as new games so i might know something about it but then ignore me as is your pleasure

Edited by enigmacypher

Welcome to a single player game trying to be an MMO..

I could never understand, when I first join SWTOR, I had to queue for ages.. then when I got in there was no one around?! Yeah yeah, all zones are instanced, but still!!

I've been playing Rift and WoW again.. due to my MASSIVE dissapointment with SWTOR.. you know they are supposed to be dead now...??? I've seen more people on those two games in the past two days that I saw on TOR in like a month from launch!

I decided (as I've got loads of 85s on WoW) that i'd start a mage on a different server... the starting area had loads running around! You really feel part of something when you see other peopel questing away around you, it adds to the emmersion.

Nar Shadaa is particularly bad as the planet is mid 20ish and the bonus series missions are low 30ish. Its the only planet I can think of that has this kind of level difference between regular and bonus series missions.

I didn't have a problem finding groups for the initial heroics but the bonus area heroics was really tough. Folks don't come back after Tatooine and Alderaan.

It would be nice if for Instanced Heroics they had a system similar to Rift; You mark yourself LFG for whatever Heroics you want/need and people can invite you based on your role. Once group is full, it teleports people to the instance. It makes it a bit trivial, but it would at least bypass the problem of no people being on the same planet.

I also think they should adopt the Rift style of making Warzones Cross-server so that there are never balance issues.

Just my two cents ;)

It would be nice if for Instanced Heroics they had a system similar to Rift; You mark yourself LFG for whatever Heroics you want/need and people can invite you based on your role. Once group is full, it teleports people to the instance. It makes it a bit trivial, but it would at least bypass the problem of no people being on the same planet.

I also think they should adopt the Rift style of making Warzones Cross-server so that there are never balance issues.

Just my two cents ;)

i will say i hate this idea as this is the kind of thing that truly killed WoW community <especially after it went cross servers> BUT at this time trying to get groups for characters at the mid 20s to 30s is terrible now (the excuse that it is just that people are gearing their first 50s doesn't work as there should still be players in these areas at some point but no one is looking for these heroics)

i like the game just hoping it won't go like so many before

Most I've ever seen on Quesh is 5. Most I've ever seen on Hoth (which I'm on now) is 13. There's quite a big leap from Taris to Quesh (I'm talking form the Empire perspective). Taris had once 105 players. Get to Quesh - 3 players. I know it's a small planet and is only meant to gain you one level but still. And Hoth is barely any better.

What server are you on?

Unfortunately I think this is becoming reality for most servers. I'm on Darth Malak. It was hugely populated early on in the game (as I guess most of them were) and now it's dying down. And what they said is right ^^^ as the planets get on it becomes a real problem. I'm on Belsavis and it's to the point that I don't bother to try to do every heroic like I used to. I'll abandon/leave most of them. It's incredibly hard to get a group.

You'll have more luck on weekends but it still may be tough.

Really? im on Darth Malak too, a Sith Warrior Named Thanadan

I'm going to go to fleet and trying shouting out for heroics, see if i can recruit from there as well since not so many people on planets.

It would be nice if you could register for groups for heroic missions kind of like warzones. If there is a mission I want to do but can't find a group, I can just set a flag for it in the mission description, and as soon as couple other people also flag it we all get a message to join/jump back to that location.