Class With Steepest Learning Curve

ShouldBeStudying

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool bro, You get to combo one guy to half health using 60-80 energy.

I've tried all the builds and I've also played on my friend's gunnery commando (full champ) . Its a joke, critting 3k with 1 sec grav rounds. Any experience you have with a gunslinger is overshadowed by the fact you don't know any better.

To have enough alacrity for one second grav rounds he would have had to either reslot all of his gear for a stat that's worthless to gunnery or be wearing the medic set. Either way, he wouldn't be doing too many 3k crits, especially not on a shielded gunslinger.

Edited by misanqq

Maurader/sent.. Not only is it a heavy cd dependant class with med armor it also requires fluid movement and the ability to stay on a target. You have no ranged attacks... Clickers can play ranged classes and be somewhat viable (somewhat).

But to answer your question no one class dominates warzones. The inquisitor/consular have more in their toolkit but even they do not just out right Dominate....

All melee classes require full keybind/mouse to be even worth a flip in this game, but the Mara/sent is hands down the toughest class to master and dominate...Considering any class in the right hands dominates...the devs even said its the one that requires the highest "skill cap".

Edited by Irishbrewed

From easiest to hardest.

Dps Commando/Merc>DPS Sorc Sage (these are your "Faceroll classes")------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->other melee (with tank specs slightly harder then dps specs)=healing on sorc/sage and commando/merc healing (only because there is no mouseover and it is irritating, but still simple)---------------------------------------------------------------------------->operative/scoundrel healer=slinger/sniper------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->Marauder/sent.

I think I can train my german shepherd to excel on the first two classes listed.

Sniper isn't hard in a rotation sense. Strategy counts for the most part.

Yup like saving aimed shot for a second knockback depending on who you fight. Saving root for when people are going to LOS. Knowing not to leave cover when you just knocked back a sent/marauder and they invised. FYI THEY ARE JUST GOING TO CHARGE YOU. BTW marks slinger and it's mirror vs marauder/sent is as hard a counter as there is in this game. Don't dot them, CC them during rebuke (20 percent less dmg), and when it wears off they are a free kill. You shouldn't lose more then 1/3rd of your health vs them and if you get the drop on them, you should barely be hit.

There is nothing wrong with sniper/slingers. The problem is that the other ranged are so stupidly easy that people have been spoiled. Add to that the hybrid spec sorc/sage is the most stupidly OP ranged class I have ever played or seen in a game.

Hybrid sorc/sage needs to go, mercs/commandos need more complex rotations. Resolve needs rehauled. Game fixed. The game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The problems in the game are just silly though and could be fixed in a day minus the rotation being too easy on commando/merc. That said? I don't find merc/commando OP at all to play against.

Edited by biowareftw

Snipers are hard to play because of the buggy cover mechanic and majority of our "power" shots having to be fired FROM cover ( aka..kneeling with the big red fence ).

Problem there though is when you are in cover, you are a sitting duck because of 0 survivability.

So hard class to learn? Yes. Worth it? No. Hell you spend more time fighting the god awful camera auto zoom when being a sniper.

Snipers are hard to play because of the buggy cover mechanic and majority of our "power" shots having to be fired FROM cover ( aka..kneeling with the big red fence ).

Problem there though is when you are in cover, you are a sitting duck because of 0 survivability.

So hard class to learn? Yes. Worth it? No. Hell you spend more time fighting the god awful camera auto zoom when being a sniper.

Setting up keys better helps alot.

For instance you can take the 4 key (just using a random number here) and put cover on it in the non cover bar.

Now on your cover bar put charged burst (instant proc from marks tree). What does this do? Hit 4 once out of cover? It takes cover. Hit it again? It fires your instant proc charged burst. Essentially you are removing the "clumsy cover mechanic".

Do the same with your bomb ability. These are all tricks people learned in the stance dance days of WoW warriors. If you never played a class like that? Yes it can be a pain in the butt to learn or get used to.

Do the same with the knockback. So if you are out of cover you press the key twice and take cover/knockback.

You are correct in saying the other ranged classes are way easier but your experienced is skewed because the 2 other ranged classes are much easier then ALL of the classes in this game.

Slinger/sniper is like sent/marauder. The more you put into learning it and getting better the more you get out of it.

Edited by biowareftw

There is nothing wrong with sniper/slingers. The problem is that the other ranged are so stupidly easy that people have been spoiled. Add to that the hybrid spec sorc/sage is the most stupidly OP ranged class I have ever played or seen in a game.

Hybrid sorc/sage needs to go, mercs/commandos need more complex rotations. Resolve needs rehauled. Game fixed. The game isn't as bad as people make it out to be. The problems in the game are just silly though and could be fixed in a day minus the rotation being too easy on commando/merc. That said? I don't find merc/commando OP at all to play against.

^

This. A thousand times this. Ever get that 1 in a million game where there's no sorcs/sages facerolling around with their stupid OP'ness slagging up the game? That rare game where the game almost feels extremely balanced, fun and frantic? Yeah... Wish they happened more often but nope, queue popped again and wouldn't you know it 70% sorc/sage spammers and the rest some mish mash of everything else.

I sucked at Sniper when I first rolled it. I tried to play it like my BH which has enormous utility. Read-up on the forum strategies and now I understand it's awesome. I've found that with all classes in SWTOR (played 4) -- you have to play each class and not a stock standard style of 'win all pvp game-play'. I shelved my Sin for a long time because I couldn't get results on him -- same problem -- dusted him off two nights ago and it's great fun playing the Sin how he's meant to be played. Clocking 9 medals and 1 on the charts quite often.

^

This. A thousand times this. Ever get that 1 in a million game where there's no sorcs/sages facerolling around with their stupid OP'ness slagging up the game? That rare game where the game almost feels extremely balanced, fun and frantic? Yeah... Wish they happened more often but nope, queue popped again and wouldn't you know it 70% sorc/sage spammers and the rest some mish mash of everything else.

Yeah sorcs are everywhere on my server... I mean like roaches... They'll get fixed eventually

You can't really separate it by class. For example, Mercenaries - Arsenal spec is the easiest thing to play in the game, but Bodyguard spec is significantly more challenging. It's easier to look at specs in terms of difficulty. Hardest trees to manage would be Sawbones/Medicine or Combat/Carnage, in my opinion.

Combat/Carnage is the hardest DPS spec due to having to manage multiple resources, numerous short cooldown abilities, and the need to maintain melee range without stealth, heavy CC, or a pull ability. Sawbones/Medicine is the hardest healing spec due the fact that you have to manage multiple resources, rely heavily on procs, and track stacking HoTs on your entire raid (very tricky with the current UI), and your CC/utility skills are only usable in melee range.