Class With Steepest Learning Curve

ShouldBeStudying

Yes, but they die in 5-8 seconds if focused. :S

Granted, I can kill a powertech ball carrier through guard in less than 15s if left to freecast on my sniper and the carrier's got no heals...

Are people playing the same snipers that i am, i've never lost to a sniper, and i don't see it happening quickly seeing i finish the fights with them with 70%+ of my hp remaining.

If you roll a sniper you'll be regretting it by the time you hit 30, let alone 50.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people playing the same snipers that i am, i've never lost to a sniper, and i don't see it happening quickly seeing i finish the fights with them with 70%+ of my hp remaining.

If you roll a sniper you'll be regretting it by the time you hit 30, let alone 50.

I hope players keep this mentality. only works in my favour

/signed some sniper

Would help if you said what class you are playing and what level.

I most definitely agree, but once you become accustomed, and even though I am a tank I still come out top 3 damage, top 3 protection, top 3 medals, top 3 kills and killing blows but I also usually come out top 3 deaths :D

But that's mainly because I have crappy gear, I am still leveling, as well as I am not afraid to start a battle I can't win. I'm currently lvl 37.

ONE THING TO NOTE is that just because powertech's have guns does not mean they are ranged tanks, in fact most of your core abilities (i.e. Rocket Punch) requires you to be within 4 meters of the target. POWERTECHS ARE ALSO F**CK**G BEASTS, so while lvling its really hard to die!

Be careful of cooldowns, make sure you use your railshot proc correctly, and I will say it again just because you have guns does not mean you are a RANGED tank!

Hope it helps! :cool:

The one class I haven't tried. You make it sound so tempting! Think I'll roll one. :D

What class are you, and you must go against some really sucky snipers/gunslingers.

As a gunslinger myself, I think it's definitely the most underrated class in the game, but also one of the best. The learning curve is pretty large due to the cover mechanic, but if you can find a balance between cover and mobility you'll do fine.

The one class I haven't tried. You make it sound so tempting! Think I'll roll one. :D

You most likely won't be disappointed. Minus healing abilities, you have so many tools available to you that helps not just yourself, but others as well. One example being the AoE accuracy reduction.

the hardest to become master of all the advantages the class have is commando / mercenary , take me almost a week to get used to have tracer missile on middle mouse and walk with both mouse buttons pressed so i can lunch , smoke a cigarrete , have a drink , all the nice things you can do while playing a command/ mercenary

You sound like a tracer/grav class

Not meaning it as an insult this time... (i usually do :D)

I just mean that tracer/gravround specs give my sniper problems.

People who are supporting cover and saying gunslinger isnt underpowered are full of **** or barely pvp with their class or still under 50.

I'm valor 60+, 620+ exp, close to half BM, rest all champ

My aimed shot does LESS dmg to a tracer missle with a 1 second higher cast time and a cooldown, and less dmg than a force lightning.

Hunkerdown is a terribly circumstantial move since u get LOSed all day on high-cast time "burst" moves.

Any mobility with sabo/DF htbrids take 50+ energy to get off a single combo.

Our "great" cc has some of the highest resolve gains in the game. Dirty Kick gives 80% resolve as well as flashbang.

Anyone claiming gunslingers do great burst on tank classes is lying off their *** or not even lvl 50. The armor reduction and automatic 10% deflection chance with lightsabers make any ranged attacks inferior to other dps trees not just the whole class.

There is absolutly no reason to play a GS over any other class.

I can play my slinger well and am always carry my own on WZ, but if i were a sage with similar gear I would dominate not just carry my own.

You sound like a tracer/grav class

Not meaning it as an insult this time... (i usually do :D)

I just mean that tracer/gravround specs give my sniper problems.

shatter, Interupt, ambush /probe, SOS profit. I find Tracer/gravs one of the easier kills

Edited by Kalliadies

Oh what are you talkin 'bout. Sniper is the weakest profession out there. Just ignore them, they can't do anything at all but slap people with wet noodles. It's those sorces that are causing all that high damage not that guy sitting in cover.....just ignore him...nothing to see here.

If you ignore good snipers, your sorc and IA healers are dead. It's really that simple.

Snipers are not really hard to understand I mean the object is fairly straight forward .

Just the mechanic is very limiting and restrictive.

And you have an attack that has an eternal cast time which yields proportionately low damage.

Hard to understand? No

Difficult to play? It seems to be the consensus

Edited by Doxxs

People who are supporting cover and saying gunslinger isnt underpowered are full of **** or barely pvp with their class or still under 50.

I'm valor 60+, 620+ exp, close to half BM, rest all champ

My aimed shot does LESS dmg to a tracer missle with a 1 second higher cast time and a cooldown, and less dmg than a force lightning.

Hunkerdown is a terribly circumstantial move since u get LOSed all day on high-cast time "burst" moves.

Any mobility with sabo/DF htbrids take 50+ energy to get off a single combo.

Our "great" cc has some of the highest resolve gains in the game. Dirty Kick gives 80% resolve as well as flashbang.

Anyone claiming gunslingers do great burst on tank classes is lying off their *** or not even lvl 50. The armor reduction and automatic 10% deflection chance with lightsabers make any ranged attacks inferior to other dps trees not just the whole class.

There is absolutly no reason to play a GS over any other class.

I can play my slinger well and am always carry my own on WZ, but if i were a sage with similar gear I would dominate not just carry my own.

I'm a 68BM gunslinger in full battlemaster, minus boots, helm, and gloves with around 682 expertise. You sound like a sharpshooter spec and I'm sorry to say, that it's supbar due to being physical damage and being the least mobile spec. I'm a sabo/DF and the thing about almost every skill from both of those trees is that they do kinetic or bleed damage, and those ignore armor. I drop dps spec tanks like nothing, and the defensive tanks do take a bit because of all thier defensive cooldowns, but everything else is fair game. if you spec into sabo, it reduces the cost of a lot of the abilities and you forget sabotage puts coolhead and defense screen on a 1min timer.

Tracer missle is trash, you'll get a few bounty hunters once in awhile that hand it to you hard, but we as a class have all the right counters to the BH. I'm not sure what your spec is or what your rotation is, but something is off if you feel the way you do.

My gripes with cover is a) bugs out near ledges and on some terrain

b) can't take cover if rooted.

Everyone saying that we die fast if focused.... It happens to every class.

Edited by EasternWind

I'm a 68BM gunslinger in full battlemaster, minus boots, helm, and gloves with around 682 expertise. You sound like a sharpshooter spec and I'm sorry to say, that it's supbar due to being physical damage and being the least mobile spec. I'm a sabo/DF and the thing about almost every skill from both of those trees is that they do kinetic or bleed damage, and those ignore armor. I drop dps spec tanks like nothing, and the defensive tanks do take a bit because of all thier defensive cooldowns, but everything else is fair game. if you spec into sabo, it reduces the cost of a lot of the abilities and you forget sabotage puts coolhead and defense screen on a 1min timer.

Tracer missle is trash, you'll get a few bounty hunters once in awhile that hand it to you hard, but we as a class have all the right counters to the BH. I'm not sure what your spec is or what your rotation is, but something is off if you feel the way you do.

damn, Im not the only engineer/sabo spec. I rather liked being rare XD

Edited by Kalliadies

Cool bro, You get to combo one guy to half health using 60-80 energy.

I've tried all the builds and I've also played on my friend's gunnery commando (full champ) . Its a joke, critting 3k with 1 sec grav rounds. Any experience you have with a gunslinger is overshadowed by the fact you don't know any better.

Snipers are not really hard to understand I mean the object is fairly straight forward .

Just the mechanic is very limiting and restrictive.

And you have an attack that has an eternal cast time which yields proportionately low damage.

Hard to understand? No

Difficult to play? It seems to be the consensus

the problem is, everyone is expecting to use aimedshot/charged burst as thier bread and butter skills and in all honesty they aren't. The second issue is people expecting to be nearly invisible or invincible once behind cover. The funniest thing is, I'm not even specc'd into sharpshooting and my aimed shot does around 3.2-5.2k on crits to non tanks. I feel that the only reason you want to take cover is to either a) ambush someone b)keep from getting cc'd/charged c)finish off your rotation for the kill.

I fall into category C, I only go into cover once I have shock charge, vital shot, and shrap bomb on the target, then I lay on sabotage charge and speed shot > quickshot, then bug out.

this allows you a lot more flexibility and control over the battlefield than just sitting in the back trying to kill people at max range. I'd actually say that we are more of a midfield class than anything because that allows us to protect everyone in your group while also reaching into the enemy backline and sending their healers back to the respawn point.

I've tried all the builds and I've also played on my friend's gunnery commando (full champ) . Its a joke, critting 3k with 1 sec grav rounds. Any experience you have with a gunslinger is overshadowed by the fact you don't know any better.

80 energy in one combo? He said SABO spec. Shows your knowledge of the class

Grav round cant Crit when you cant cast it. Just saying

Edited by Kalliadies

Honestly sentinel is not that hard to play. You just have to be more aware of your surroundings.

jump in, build focus, spend focus, going poorly? vanish or become invincible. Have 30 points saved up? time to use a buff.

It's just not faceroll easy like commando gunnary or sage / sorc hybrid.

This is a typical bad Marauder/Sentinel. Luckily most play like him (i.e. have no skill) and don't know what they are doing.

Sith juggernaut by far, so underpowered needs a huge buff, so stupid that every class has heals except warrior/guardian

Juggernauts are just lacking sufficient tank abilities until 30. Even then, I've been complimented on my pre 30 tanking (when you get backhand and aoe taunt). The problem I've found, when I do have problems, is people using AOEs and not focus firing on my target forcing me to jump from target to target regaining aggro. But that's a bad group, not any inherent difficulty in the juggernaut tank spec.

are you kidding me? Now I think you are either lying about your gear, you are attacking the wrong targets, or you haven't truly played a sabo/df build because you are flat out wrong about damage and survivability of that particular build, which has just about every defensive ability either enhanced, or on a lower c/d timer.

it's pretty asinine, to think that I don't know any better about gunslinger if I'm having lots of success at it.

are you kidding me? Now I think you are either lying about your gear, you are attacking the wrong targets, or you haven't truly played a sabo/df build because you are flat out wrong about damage and survivability of that particular build, which has just about every defensive ability either enhanced, or on a lower c/d timer.

it's pretty asinine, to think that I don't know any better about gunslinger if I'm having lots of success at it.

If ur on HOG lets duel and i'll show u how "good" sabo/df hybrid is vs a full champ commando

It sounds like you're leaning towards a Gunslinger, which is a great choice. But if you're still thinking about it, I suggest at least looking at a Sawbones Scoundrel. I PvP with all three healers, and the combination of melee attacks and ranged healing is very challenging (a little bit too challenging for me right now). But I see better players than me do very well with their Sawbones. It's a class I definitely would like to learn better.