What type of person is your character?

Shokzman

Truthfully I think this game is amazing with it's quests voice dialog, decisions and even more so when decisions come back on you (which in truth I didn't expect). I.e when you spare a guys life and he comes back to help you later.

Also the way your character actually has a personallity that you choose. As opposed to every other mmo out there where your character is just a robot that does tasks and your characters traits are only made through your imagination. In this game you actually have an imput into how your character acts, talks and really makes you feel immersed in the game.

But enough of that... I want to know what type of character is your character? What choices do you make and why?

I am a Sith yet I neither embrace the full dark side of the force nor the light side and have no care for the Empire, I only aspire to personal power usually sparing the empires enemies if they can prove a use to me in the future. I also hide under "the good sith" mask when dealing with republic forces. Usually catching them offguard as they "never expect that from a sith" only to stab them when they weaken their guard. I am a sith capable of great kindness and cruelty though will usually avoid conflict if it serves me no use.

How about you?

Edited by Shokzman

I personally would wanna play myself in SWTOR, but nothing in Biowares' writing is a character who is goofy and clumsy like me :<.

So I just play the game without thinking too much about it :<, now it's upsetting me thinking that I can't play myself in a Bioware game lolz.

I prefer being in balance rather then comforting to the Sith Norm :p so 0 Natural 4150 Light 3600 dark I find a lot of dark side choices are just foolish and would destroy the empire in the long run a true sith lord should be wise not stupid and careless carnage and mayhem have their place but not at the expense of imperial victory

Jedi Consular- Adhered to the jedi code for his apprenticeship until becoming a jedi and receiving the daunting task of shielding various jedi masters. While acting through good will and attempting to vanquish the dark side and the empire, his actions are morally grey. When Nadia came into the picture, he followed Revans path, and decided to ignore the councils warnings on love.

Imperial Agent- Die hard Imperial patriot. Loves the Empire and her people, but despises the Sith. She thinks they are too cruel and are unfit to rule the empire. She does not make sacrifices to accomplish her goals, and acts in the Empires best interests, rather than her own, at all times.

When the Imperial Intelligence was abolished, she decided to erase her identity, and operate outside the jurisdiction of the Empire, continuing in her goals in ensuring Imperial security and interests.

Trooper- Die hard Republic patriot. Near renegade. Despises the chain of command. Does everything in her power to protect the Republics interests and never hesitates to make sacrifices to accomplish her goals.

Revenge is a primary driving force behind her actions, as Havok squads betrayal motivated her to defeat the Empire and the defectors.

Sith Inquisitor- Stubborn and callous slave with powers beyond his conscience or maturity. Have not developed him a lot.

Sith Warrior- Rigidly defends the status quo among sith, craves more and more power. Have not developed him alot.

Bounty Hunter- Out for money until he was betrayed. Revenge is the main driving force behind his actions. Have not developed him a lot.

Jedi Knight- Havent developed hardly at all. I'd say he will follow in my consulars footsteps.

Smuggler- Havent developed at all. No idea. Out for money/revenge probably.

Edited by Lord_of_Stone

I personally would wanna play myself in SWTOR, but nothing in Biowares' writing is a character who is goofy and clumsy like me :<.

So I just play the game without thinking too much about it :<, now it's upsetting me thinking that I can't play myself in a Bioware game lolz.

Yea. I like to think of it as Biowares story rather than my own. I am merely turning the pages.

My smuggler was my first MMO character, so he's not really developed much as an actual character, but I'd say he's out for money, but will make the moral (read "light") choice even if it means he takes a cut in pay.

My bounty hunter is in it for the thrill of the job. He sticks to the Bounty Hunter's Code and will not turn on an employer regardless of the monetary gain. He will turn down jobs if he doesn't like the would-be employer and looks for a bounty on their head.

It works out, actually, that the bounty hunter refuses some quests. He's way overleveled and gains 5 exp usually from completing any mission...

Scoundrel: Out for a profit when there's nothing else at stake, but he's got a heart of gold. Especially when it comes to the ladies. A bit cynical (particularly when Republic politics are afoot), but won't hesitate to aide someone in need.

Shadow: Snarky and easy going. Believes in doing the right thing, regaurdless of laws or organizational bounderies. Isn't a vigilante, but very much believes you can't judge someone for the flag they were born under. The Council is never pleased with him. Becomes a hopeless romantic.

Commando: "Big softie." Will defy the chain of command in a heartbeat if he thinks it's in the best interests of Galactic peace. Brilliant tacticion and demolitions expert. Idealistic, but not naive.

Operative: Jaded former patriot, disgusted with the unbridled destruction and cruelty of the empire. Sarcastic, disselusioned, and unwilling to let someone else boss him around. Believes strongly in protecting the Imperial people. Usually from themselves.

Marauder: Honor-bound and determined, holds none of the xenophobia common to his fellow Sith. Suspicious of the motives Jedi and Republic alike, but still wants to see an end to the Great war. Preferably one that sees him alive and free to choose his fate.

Mercenary: The quentessential "flyboy;" reckless, daring, master of "crazy schemes." Possessive of his weapons, but has a soft spot he rarely lets show. Has no quams with killing or punishing those who are truly beyond redemtion, but never does things that cause suffering to innocent people. It's a bad idea to cross him.

Assassin: Hates the Sith overlords with a passion matched only by his cunning. Seeks the destruction of the Imperial government, but not at the expense of its people. Despises slavery and the suffering of the helpless. Refuses to take orders from anyone. Loves satirical jokes. Wary of the Republic, but willing to cooperate with them if it aides him.

Most of my characters fall under the "grey" area of the alignment scale. I plan to eventually rp them "meeting" and joining forces.

I play a sith and choose my actions based on the dark side. I play with anger, hate, fear, and suffering. I choose to be this way because it will lead me to power. I have people in my guild that try to stick to the "good" side of the dark side. These maggots of the empire are not good enough to lick the dirt off of my Emperors boots.

If you are a true member of the dark side you will remember your place, or be put in it.

Now if I were to start another toon.... who knows where that one would lead me....

But enough of that... I want to know what type of character is your character? What choices do you make and why?

Dria Tharan / Darth Dria

Personality:

Manipulative, above all control through darkness behind the throne is her goal. She is like chess player calculative and if needed cold with out hint of emotion. She is fanatical towards the Sith. She views cruelty as a tool as she views torture as a hobby. Her humor has always been some what grim and she seems to lack the ideal moment for her jokes and not funny to anyone but herself.

My Sith Assassin believes in the sith code, but does not think it means that you should be evil and selfish, so he picks mostly light side options, but does pick the occasional dark side choice. Also, partially due to his past as a slave, dislikes the Empire and the sith he has to deal with, seeing them as blind and foolish, believing they can not see the big picture. He also enjoys battle, and lets his emotions drive him.

As sides go I've found out that dark side suits my mood and humor a lot more than being a goody-two-shoes jedi or always-ready-and-able trooper. And I've tried most of the classes a bit just to see what feels the best. So I have my 2 favourite characters: my first lady, a bounty hunter, and the new arrival imperial agent. Nothing just compares (for me) with the choices I can make as the no-nonsense, sarcastic and humorous dark side ladies.

And just must say that this is my first MMO ever and I would've not expected the characters be as much fun as they are! and the time put in the voices etc. = great (even though I tend to skip plenty of the dialog nowadays just so I can go into action quicker :D ).

And about the dark side-light side points, I think it will not be as fruitful as it could be if you try to live up to our human norms in the game and keep choosing light side points when you're at the dark side. If you're a sith then act like one! With Siths I think it imperative even. I do feel that sometimes killing a person in the game for dark points might not always be what I would choose without the dark/light points playing a part but I do it still if it's not really ridiculous because as a bounty hunter I answer to know one but I'm loyal to my current boss, wouldn't wanna do anything to harm the credit flow :p

Edited by Sallakat

The two characters I'm playing most are my scoundrel and Bounty Hunter

For the BH, she's mostly out for profit, enjoying living as a free contract, but after being betrayed she's out for Jedi and republic blood, despises the Jedi and their silly "code" and isn't very trusting of Sith either, knowing of how Sith turn on each other so easily. Tries her best to not cause any civilian death's and wont betray an employer unless she is betrayed, overall a nice person, but she isn't afraid to get nasty with you to get her point across.

Scoundrel: Purely in it for the money, doesn't really give a toss about the whole "galactic war" as long as she's able to make a profit off it, only took the privateer job because of the perks (free from persecution and her choice of the spoils). Loves to give senators and Jedi a hard time, originally had something going on with Corso, but broke it off after he became too pro-republic for her taste. Tries to avoid civilian casualties and generally does the right thing. Hates the empire though due to her being a Twi'lek and the Empire enslaved her people and takes delight in hindering them if she can.

My main is a male human darkside Sith Assassin

He is a calculating and power hungry individual. He arrived at the Academy an angry but still obedient slave. His time at the Sith Academy trasnformed him into an embodiment of the Sith Code. He is not one of the (unfortunately) abundant psychotic Sith who take pleasure in torture and killing randomly. He is calculating and looks as the long view. He makes his decisions based upon what will serve him best in the future. He recognizes that being Sith is not about good or evil. Being Sith is about power, getting it, using it, and keeping it.

He will not tolerate treachery to the Empire. In his eye traitors deserve execution and nothing less. Unlike many Sith he does not kill his underlings on a whim and genuinely appreciates good service. He believes in a meritocratic (is this a word?) system and that excellence should be rewarded accordingly. He is even willing to overlook the occasional failure provided that these are extremely rare and the subordinate is worth keeping.

He does have one weakness however. His love for Ashara. Although she frustratingly refuses to come fully over to the dark side he is willing to overlook it because of his for her. Whether this weakness will lead to his downfall is yet to be seen.

Its nice to see a fun thread like this where people arent constantly complaining. The game has issues there is no denying that but the constant crying and moping is not the way to go about talking about it when you do want to discuss an issue.

Edited by Arokel

Lucerna, Cyborg Sith Marauder: She never wanted to be thrown into Sith politics, but it was that or die, so she figured she may as well survive to do as much good in the empire as she can. She treasures every life she can save, and mourns every one she can't. When confronted with other Imperials, she tries to put up a gung-ho "Hail Empire!" front, but in reality she's naive about political maneuvering. What keeps her going is the knowledge that she can do little bits of good in the empire, and that if she keeps on rising in power she may be able to change the empire for the better. In my head, she sleeps with a plush vinecat as a pillow.

Melodyous, Twi-lek Sith Inquisitor: Mel very much likes staying alive, so he is usually resistant to dangerous missions. He also has an understanding that other people like staying alive too, so he avoids needless violence. He is a big flirt but takes every fling to heart. He is also eccentric and easily distracted by anything that looks interesting and not deadly. He is a bit selfish and loves presents and respect, but he won't sacrifice others' lives to get them.

The rest of my characters aren't very well developed yet. ^^;

My main started out being neutral. (JK)

Sometimes she was a bit of a dick, but for the most part she did what she thought would have the best outcome.

Somehow along the way she went from "I'll help but I won't take sides," to "Are you serious?" and finally, "You can all rot in hell."

I'd blame Voss but I think she was already headed down that path beforehand.

I still occasionally pick light side options, though.

A lot of the choices depend on who she's talking to and what they're asking her to do/not do. Obviously, if she doesn't like you, she's an ******e, and if she does like you and you're asking her to do something she thinks is stupid, she's still going to be an ******e, just not as much. ("This is the dumbest **** I've ever heard but you're cool so I'll give it a shot.") If she likes you and whatever you asked of her, everything's cool. If she doesn't and still wants to try the quest, she'll be getting credits for it.

(Kind of sad that I can't use a lot of gear because of this though :c)

Edited by zaea

Sentinel: adheres strongly, but not wholly, to the jedi code, has a bit of an ego but not so much that it controls her personality. always trying to do right by everyone, but her hatred of the empire sometimes blinds her from it

Gunslinger: a pirate of sorts with a heart of gold. mostly goes her own way, ignoring laws, but is still a good person and helps anyone that needs it...for the right price. also homosexual, and a bit of a lech

Powertech: a real run of the mill bounty hunter, always in it if money is being offered, and does her work cleanly and efficiently. her one weakness is anyone hurt by the war, especially orphans

Assassin: a slave turned sith, she hates almost the entire order, especially her overseer, but hardly shows it, with a long streak of sarcasm pissing him and his (now dead) pet off during her time at the academy. unlike most sith, she has a habit of doing "good", and gets her power through positive emotions. regardless, she is strongly loyal to her surperiors...as long as they see her as sith, not slave

Juggernaut: like the assassin, the juggernaut gets her power through positive emotions, and has a long streak of good deeds as well. many question her loyalty to the sith and the empire, as she is not afraid to show her kindness and disdain for torture and killing. despite what others think however, she is loyal, and works hard to protect her allies, no matter how different their views may be from hers

My Sith Inquisitor is called "Malthius". The name was randomly invented in my head (as far as I know) because I wanted something that sounded Sithy. He was a pureblood Sith (the race, not the Order) in the days of the Sith Order's beginnings when being pureblood was considered a weakness. After years of oppression due to this, he discovered blueprints for a stasis-inducing technology (the same mechanism he would find Khem Val suspended in far later in time) and constructed the device in hiding. He then deliberately suspended himself in stasis to await a future where his kind would not be oppressed as weak simply based on blood. At some point far in the future (centuries if not millenia), the device was damaged and he was released from stasis only to be enslaved during an Imperial invasion. Forced into training as a Sith acolyte, he grew to embrace the Sith philosophy as it was based on the merits of true power, not merely blood heritage. He now serves the Empire as a loyal Sith Lord under the guidance of Darth Zash, his ultimate guiding principle being the core of Imperial doctrine: "The powerful will reign. The weak will die." (Most depressingly, I did not think at the time to create this character on an RP server. This has led to numerous "Stop Having Fun Guys" acting like total *****s when I choose to immerse myself.)

As far as dialogue choices...Well, as an in-game example: There is a quest where a man suspects his wife of being a traitor to the Empire. When you confront her, she claims that he is merely acting out of malevolence because she had an affair, and that she did not know her on-the-side lover was a spy as he only said he was a pilot. While this may be true and she was NOT a traitor, she was still very gullible and put Imperial operations at risk by giving away blueprints and plans. As they say, "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link..." - While perhaps not a traitor, she was a weak link in the chain. A potential fault in the Empire. So she died. And do not think I killed her simply for the Dark Side points: I spent a good five minutes of real-time debating my options. In the end, killing her still suited Malthius' philosophy. Also, Malthius generally avoids being attached as it creates distraction, but he did flirt a lot with Darth Lachris, though it ended safely in a simple walk on Balmorra and discussing of Imperial strategy.

My Bounty Hunter is a man of unknown name and origin. What little is known is that in his past, he suffered a terrible burning accident in the line of duty. He was saved from death by a more merciful Sith Lord than Malthius. This incident left him visibly disfigured (his facial features bear heavy scarring). The scarring was so bad on his head that the hair no longer grows in properly, leading him to simply shave it in a sort of tribal style (it's the one like cornrows but...not quite) in order to maintain some look of neatness. In addition, the damage to his jaw was so severe on one side it left him incapable of using the muscles. To compensate, he had cybernetic implants wired into the right of his jaw to allow proper function (speech, eating, etcetera). Out of respect and honor for the Sith that saved him from death, he took on the name Kaas in homage to the Sith HQ planet Dromund Kaas. Despite this honor-bound Imperial alignment, his only lasting devotion is to currency. As a bounty hunter, whoever offers more credits at any given time holds his allegiance and his alignment often sways based on this, though Imperials tend to line his pockets more often than the Republic. If credits are up for grabs, he can seem unfriendly and cold in his no-nonsense efficiency but outside of financial situations, he's a laid-back sort of guy. His guiding principle is clear: "My loyalty to the highest bidder." (Also depressingly, while I did originally create this character on a PVP-RP server, it was not a good quality server, so I just remade him on the same server as Malthius)

As far as dialogue choices...Well, another in-game example: In a starter quest on Hutta, Kaas was offered credits to kill a rebel Evocii calling himself Huttsbane who was creating trouble by killing off Hutts. When the rebels were confronted, they swore he would end his killing ways if I only turned away and let him live. Again, I was conflicted here...Until I noticed: They never offered me CREDITS to turn the other cheek. But Nem'ro DID offer credits for Huttsbane's head. So Huttsbane was killed. Again, it was not for dark side points: In fact, a great deal of my difficulty with the decision was not wanting Kaas to be too one-sidedly dark. But in the end, the choice fit him. Kaas also flirts quite a bit, being generally laid-back unless credits are involved. He has a thing for Twi'leks in particular, efficiently delivering heads to Nem'ro the Hutt one minute, chatting up his receptionist the next.

So those are my characters. I actually rolled Kaas when I was growing a bit tired of Malthius but I have since re-immersed myself in my delightfully sadistic Inquisitor.

If anyone knows of a decent RP-oriented server or a good RP-oriented guild, please let me know. Malthius is already in the lvl 20s so it's too late for him. But Kaas is only lvl 6 and I would so gladly delete and remake him (and any new characters) on a quality RP server to suit my character-immersing ways. People on the server I'm on are just such ******es about it.

(My levels are still fairly low as I forgot to maintain funds in my Paypal for the monthly subscription fee but I have recently alleviated this potential oversight by switching to the six-month plan.)

Edited by Ygdrasel

Lucerna, Cyborg Sith Marauder: She never wanted to be thrown into Sith politics, but it was that or die, so she figured she may as well survive to do as much good in the empire as she can. She treasures every life she can save, and mourns every one she can't. When confronted with other Imperials, she tries to put up a gung-ho "Hail Empire!" front, but in reality she's naive about political maneuvering. What keeps her going is the knowledge that she can do little bits of good in the empire, and that if she keeps on rising in power she may be able to change the empire for the better. In my head, she sleeps with a plush vinecat as a pillow.

Melodyous, Twi-lek Sith Inquisitor: Mel very much likes staying alive, so he is usually resistant to dangerous missions. He also has an understanding that other people like staying alive too, so he avoids needless violence. He is a big flirt but takes every fling to heart. He is also eccentric and easily distracted by anything that looks interesting and not deadly. He is a bit selfish and loves presents and respect, but he won't sacrifice others' lives to get them.

The rest of my characters aren't very well developed yet. ^^;

Ooh. I like Lucerna there. Are you on a good RP server? :p

Edited by Ygdrasel

For all Bioware's RPGs, (dating all the way back to Baldur's Gate and original Kotor) If I create a female character, I'll always play her as what I want myself to be, which is Chaotic Good. She'd do the right thing, but never too busy to have some fun, or get some coin out of people. My female IA is very similar to my Female Hawke, always cracking joke if dialog allows it. My female Shepard is a bit too goody two shoes for my taste, and I like Illusive man, so I'm not too crazy about my Female Paragon Shepard's attitude towards him. but I have to play that way to earn maximum Paragon points so I won't loose any of my companions. I had a lot more fun with my IA and Female Hawke.

I have to say, I like female IA the most amongst all my Bioward female PCs.

For Male Character, I'll always play him as someone I want to date, which is somewhere between lawful evil and right out sociopath. I admit, secretly I never get over the teenager bad boy fantasy.

But I think my male Marauder is more on the Lawful evil type, since I want to be on the good side of Quinn... (Just in case Bioware decide to add same sex romance some day). Both of my Male Hawke and Male Shepard are aggressive Renegade, with an attitude, and a huge problem with authority.

By far, I like male Hawke the most compare to other male PCs. He's not evil, just totally cool and bad a**!

Edited by FluorineSpark

Bounty Hunter:

Let's see... I shoot people, I get paid. 'Bout sums it up. Now if only I could get a job like that in real life. ;)

Unfortunately, having Mako as my companion, I have to lean more to the light side to please her -- dang, I'm not even married to her yet and it feels like marriage. Heck, I've probably let more people "off the hook" than I've killed. :mad:

In fact, I think I've only chosen one dark side option through level 27. And that was because of all the trouble I had to go through to finish the quest... NPC, "please don't destroy X, we need it to survive" -- choices: [Dark Side] Destroy X and complete original request; [Light Side] Don't destroy X and save people. I'm like, "After dying 3 times myself to finally destroy X, the NPC gets no sympathy from me" -- [click] Dark Side option!

Bounty Hunter:

Let's see... I shoot people, I get paid. 'Bout sums it up. Now if only I could get a job like that in real life. ;)

Unfortunately, having Mako as my companion, I have to lean more to the light side to please her -- dang, I'm not even married to her yet and it feels like marriage. Heck, I've probably let more people "off the hook" than I've killed. :mad:

In fact, I think I've only chosen one dark side option through level 27. And that was because of all the trouble I had to go through to finish the quest... NPC, "please don't destroy X, we need it to survive" -- choices: [Dark Side] Destroy X and complete original request; [Light Side] Don't destroy X and save people. I'm like, "After dying 3 times myself to finally destroy X, the NPC gets no sympathy from me" -- [click] Dark Side option!

you could always dismiss her when you come to a dark side choice you want be she doesn't like

but I guess that's meta-gaming the roleplay a bit...