Juggernauts being called "Exploiters" in Huttball....

Egotrip

So I was playing well in a Huttball match yesterday moving the ball extremely effieciently with Force Charges, Force Pushes into Force Charges, and Intercedes. The other team had multiple noobs stading on different levels and allowing me to bascially move freely between the platforms and over fire.

After I had scored about 4 times, this guy from a guild that has multiple Battlemasters on my server whispered me and said he was reporting me for exploting then he ignored me before I could ask him how.

Another dude is his guild told me the same thing claiming that I was jumping through fire and not taking any damage and moving up levels while stunned and some other nonsense. I told him I cant help it if his guildies are dumb enough to stand in random spots and allow me to leap between them. He then responded its exploiting and they were reporting me.

I am curious if any other Juggers have been accused of exploiting by playing their class to the best of its ability? Are people really that stupid and rather than understand how much we can dominate in Huttball that they go as far as qq'ing exploiting? Or is it simply that any Mouth Breather can make BM in this game?

I play a guardian and love huttball

Class is working as intended don't worry

About the butt hurt players

What are they reporting that your playing your class

The mods will just /sigh

Also force leap is reset by force push so I can leap twice

In 15sec

Edited by denpic

Battlemaster means jack-**** in this game, every grinder can get it without any effort put into gameplay just grinding.

I can eat some battlemaster in Rakata on my serv so don't get influenced just because someone runs around with that crap title.

I got whispers during leveling that I'm getting reported for hacking and using lightsaber//force abilities as bounty hunter (I just bought BH lvl 40 set and exchanged the mods - I am juggernaut).

So yea.... just do what you do and anger the battlemaster noobs in that guild :>

I remember an article saying using LeBron in a video basketball game is like using cheat mode, and that's pretty much what Juggernaut ball carriers are in Huttball too. It's pretty much unstoppable even if the enemy is good because you just send a guy to friendly charge, and if someone stopped that guy, whoever stopped that guy is within range for charge enemy by definition. Either way the enemy is screwed.

I don't think its an exploit. I do however just give up when a good pre-made can time everything and go from ball midpoint to the second set of fire obstacles in 2 seconds. I don't know how they do it, but I just gave up when I saw a Sith fly away 60 percent of the way to the goal in a couple seconds. Meanwhile, I have to run everywhere. lol

There are some issues with Hutball, but they're not exploit issues. People just learn exactly what they need to do and the game becomes "beat" in the abstract, game design sense. If you can get the group together, just run into the pit, shield, hop up the ledge and run in to the goal line... you've just figured out how to neutralize a significant part of the game.

Like I said, it isn't cheating or anything like that. It's just that the player base eventually figures out how to turn it into a manufactured warzone. And nobody likes manufacturing runs in baseball.

Edited by PRSturm

Do I think it is an exploit? No.

Do I think this is something the devs intended when they created huttball? Absolutely not.

I would not be shocked in the least bit if at some point in the future they change the mechanics in PvP such that someone with the ball cannot force leap and cannot be force pulled (the sage/sorc skill). Even if it's not technically cheating, it feels like cheating.

In the big picture, I personally don't care either way...huttball doesn't seem like real pvp to me anyways, it's more of a gimmicky combination of half-pvp and half Madden NFL 2012. Once they introduce the ability to queue for a specific WZ (which the devs have confirmed is coming), I'll probably never play a game of huttball again.

I don't think its an exploit. I do however just give up when a good pre-made can time everything and go from ball midpoint to the second set of fire obstacles in 2 seconds. I don't know how they do it, but I just gave up when I saw a Sith fly away 60 percent of the way to the goal in a couple seconds. Meanwhile, I have to run everywhere. lol

It's about positioning.. They'll have someone to get the ball, while the others position themselves at strategic points over the map. This enables the team to pass/jump/pull their way to the goal amazingly fast while the other team muck about in the middle.

Even if there's only one premade in the Ops group - you only need 4 people to do this - the other puggers just provide the fodder to pull it off.. Or if they're relatively experienced, they help the cause too, making even faster.

It's about positioning.. They'll have someone to get the ball, while the others position themselves at strategic points over the map. This enables the team to pass/jump/pull their way to the goal amazingly fast while the other team muck about in the middle.

Even if there's only one premade in the Ops group - you only need 4 people to do this - the other puggers just provide the fodder to pull it off.. Or if they're relatively experienced, they help the cause too, making even faster.

Exactly.

Know the best way to stop it? Knockback one of the people standing at a key point!! But... that requires more than just tunneling on the ball carrier... o.O

Nothing is as epic as forcespeeding up to someone about to take a pass, using knockback, and intercepting the ball. WINNING!

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

Eaxctly.

Know the best way to stop it? Knockback one of the people standing at a key point!! But... that requires more than just tunneling on the ball carrier... o.O

Nothing is as epic as forcespeeding up to someone about to take a pass, using knockback, and intercepting the ball. WINNING!

Sure, mostly now I just wait for the little circle pass indicator to show up and I Storm up and intercept now. Just takes time for things to adjust.

The guys who are passing/receiving aren't fighting anyone, which means you're able to get the ball and not die while fighting potentially 4 on 8 if you have 4 guys for receiving/passing duties. In other words, you'd have utterly crushed the enemy anyway.

Honestly people need to realize if there are X guys out there doing whatever cool tricks and you think 'that seems pretty awesome', you need to realize that means the other team managed to get the ball with 8-X guys compared to your 8, so your team is probably going to get crushed one way or another.

In fact, if matched against even teams, having too many receivers is about the only way you can fail to score when you've a Juggernaut ball carrier, because if you fight 8 on 4 against even opposition, there's a very good chance even a tank ball carrier will die before he gets in range to pass/charge.