Make dual spec cost big credits..

Lysico

If I play a pure dps class, I gain little from dual spec

Make the healer/dps and tank/dps pay BIG credits for dual spec.

Don't allow them to take our dps roles with one button unless there is a big hit to it.

You would have to define "BIG" in this instance, because someone above me may think 150k is big, I think it's not bad if it 5 or 6 Mil and someone else may throw 10 Mil away just to do it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual spec though people want it badly is yet another mistake to be had in this game.

Once we have dual spec, people who play multiple role classes will complain that their dps can't compete with pure dps classes. BW will listen and buff jack of all trades to being master of all trades and pure dps classes will become arbitrary. Its exactly the reason rogues pretty much went extinct for long periods in WoW.

Edited by Vlaxitov

Don't allow them to take our dps roles with one button unless there is a big hit to it.

Funny i am DPS....i want dual spec so i can pop into a healer mode if needed rather than do nothing....so it would actually ALLOW you to have a DPS spot.

PVE and PVP spec as pure dps for both? Please don't tell me you PVP with your PVE spec.....

Funny i am DPS....i want dual spec so i can pop into a healer mode if needed rather than do nothing....so it would actually ALLOW you to have a DPS spot.

Yep...pretty much what I think. I have a Commando. I created it to DPS 'cause I wanted to blow stuff up with a big gun. I enjoying doing solo content more as a DPS. But when friends ask me to do a group I'm happy to switch to a healing spec. Which leaves a DPS spot open..

Yes it is the way its worded and all that jazz. But it did give me an excuse to say what I think dual specs will do to this game so yay,.. I guess..

There is more "real" thing to complain about, beside adding functionality for players to enjoy themself more.

Edited by IPaq

dual spec would be a god send for this game. it wont ruin anything. i can name 3 other mmo's that allow anywhere from 2 to 6 specs. they are still alive and going. none of them are wow either.

it would be nice for every class to be able spec as what ever for pve and one for pvp. the same for any other classes. most of you need to play more mmos than just the wow clone you came from.

as a pure dps it would be nice to have a pvp and dps spec. or even have a single target or aoe dps spec.

as a healer it would be valuable to be able to level and quest with a dps spec.

as a tank it wouild be nice to have a dps spec to level and quest with too.

what is so hard about having something like this that SHOULD NOT COST AN ARM AND A LEG. just because you dont want it doesnt mean others need to pay through the nose for it. it is stupid at best and idoticy in the utmost.

dual spec would be a god send for this game. it wont ruin anything. i can name 3 other mmo's that allow anywhere from 2 to 6 specs. they are still alive and going. none of them are wow either.

it would be nice for every class to be able spec as what ever for pve and one for pvp. the same for any other classes. most of you need to play more mmos than just the wow clone you came from.

as a pure dps it would be nice to have a pvp and dps spec. or even have a single target or aoe dps spec.

as a healer it would be valuable to be able to level and quest with a dps spec.

as a tank it wouild be nice to have a dps spec to level and quest with too.

what is so hard about having something like this that SHOULD NOT COST AN ARM AND A LEG. just because you dont want it doesnt mean others need to pay through the nose for it. it is stupid at best and idoticy in the utmost.

I can say six places that do precooked burgers aswell does that make it good?

Sure thing...that reminds me, I need to start charging all DPS classes to tank/heal HMs (there is a discount for guild members of course).

There we have it, we pay more the the respec, YOU pay us for letting you benefit from that respec.

There is more "real" thing to complain about, beside adding functionality for players to enjoy themself more.

More "real" things to complain about, really?

WoW tripped over their feet with dual spec and rogues, BW clearly didn't learn from that mistake. If they thought for a second that they were going to add dual spec to this game at any point, they should have never mixed single and multiple role classes.

This is just them showcasing once again that they have no real plan and are just making it up as they go along.

WoW tripped over their feet with dual spec and rogues, BW clearly didn't learn from that mistake. If they thought for a second that they were going to add dual spec to this game at any point, they should have never mixed single and multiple role classes.

This is just them showcasing once again that they have no real plan and are just making it up as they go along.

how exactly did dual spec cause wow to trip over their feet with rogues? and exactly what class will be negated by dual spec? and seriously, what is the problem if a vanguard wants to swap from tank to dps without having to go back to fleet to do it? or a sniper change from single target dps to aoe dps?

and the person concerned with the tank stealing their dps gear, if i play vanguard tank, and occasionally i go back to fleet to change to dps. i am still just as likely to taking dps gear as tank gear for those times that i am dpsing. all the dual spec is doing is allowing me to already have my points where i want them in the secondary spec instead of having to write it down or remember where they all needed to go.

now if people are worried about players shifting from say vanguard tank to commando dps. well i would agree that should not even be allowed as they are two differnet classes. though it would be nice to change my sniper to operative for pvp, but alas i'll just suffer being an easier kill.

My rogue loves dual spec because I like to excel at both PvP and PvE (they are different specs, after all, even in the same tree). As such, I have no idea what you're talking about.

How does someone else's choice in gameplay affect you in the slightest?
Because they are in higher demand, more flexible. They solo as DPS as quick as a non-hybrid, and they also easier get spots in FPs. Thing is, I believe dual spec would lead to more low level tanks and healers which would lead to _more_ FPs.

At end game hybrids are more worthwhile because of their flexibility. If you need for example 2, maybe 3 healers in "that other game" the 3rd DPS can never be a warlock because warlocks cannot heal. Your different DPS specs in that game do give different buffs, debuffs and A is better than B on fight X and B is better than A on fight Y so in that sense the dual spec is not useless for pure DPS classes; OP is wrong in that regard.

Although I don't know what exactly all the specs are and do in this game. I mean, 3 DPS specs, it appears usually one is DoT and one is sustained. But I have no idea what a 3rd would be.

I disagree with making it expensive. "That other game" has made it less expensive in Cata. Make it a cost which is worthy, but not too much. You also need to keep in mind that 100k is a lot for a level 30 character, but pocket change for a level 50 character.

You don't need tanks in pvp. Really that simple. [...]
You do need tanks in PvP, where have you been?

First of all a healer is basically a tank in PvP.

Second, in "that other game" tanks defend flags all the time with great success. I've seen tanks defend against 2 or 3 player in AB. That means you got a 1-2 player advantage elsewhere, and if required people can respawn or travel to aid. You can do similar here on Alderaan and Voidstar. Tanks are excellent carrying the ball. With a healer with them they are virtually invulnerable (but not to stuns and knockbacks).

Problem with tanks in PvP is that they don't output any significant dmg so if you are not defending something you're a useless tank. If you are though, you can be the star of the team. Also, some people are rather dumb trying to kill anything they see; if you can lure these people into hitting the tank they are dogfood for your DPS.

how exactly did dual spec cause wow to trip over their feet with rogues? and exactly what class will be negated by dual spec? and seriously, what is the problem if a vanguard wants to swap from tank to dps without having to go back to fleet to do it? or a sniper change from single target dps to aoe dps?
Exactly, DPS can spec PvP vs PvE, respec for certain fights and compositions. All this kind of fine tuning is interesting from a min-max point of view.

Always having the same cookie cutter or jack of all trades spec is boring, and doing PvE with PvP spec or vice versa sucks because one way or another you are not contributing as much as you could or should.

and the person concerned with the tank stealing their dps gear, if i play vanguard tank, and occasionally i go back to fleet to change to dps. i am still just as likely to taking dps gear as tank gear for those times that i am dpsing. all the dual spec is doing is allowing me to already have my points where i want them in the secondary spec instead of having to write it down or remember where they all needed to go.
With dual-spec we mean 2 specs in the current 3 trees we got in other words respeccing for our sub-class (e.g. we are IA class, subclass sniper).

People can and already do need for companions. If you are a bounty hunter anything with aim on it is for you as far as I am concerned.

Make dual spec cost big credits.

Why?

I have to say OP you completely fail to understand why dual speccing should be encourage and therefore affordable. Blizzard understand hence why it was cheap, it's to provide versatility in a game to the benefit of everyone. You cant find a healer for a FP no problems someone clicks their dual spec and goes heals while you easily pick up another dps.

One of the most rediculous suggestions made on these forums.

OP you have no idea what you are talking about and really go play Kotor..... as a tank most fights in Ops don't need 2 tanks but then there are some that do so why should i suffer cos i cant dual spec to dps and get asked to leave group as we wont hit enrage timers with me not outputting max dps!!! go join a raid group and see what they say about it.. **** LMFAO!!

Edit: sorry kotor is to good for you :p