Make dual spec cost big credits..

Lysico

Asking to make it pricey is just plain stupid, just because you took the high road and chose to roll straight DPS doesn't mean those of us who took one for the team and rolled support should be punished. Lets not forget your straight DPS class is going to use 1 set of gear, the support players that will actively use dual spec will need 2 sets to be effective.

Is that not pricy enough ?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asking to make it pricey is just plain stupid, just because you took the high road and chose to roll straight DPS doesn't mean those of us who took one for the team and rolled support should be punished. Lets not forget your straight DPS class is going to use 1 set of gear, the support players that will actively use dual spec will need 2 sets to be effective.

Is that not pricy enough ?

Nope. You're probably going to end up in a situation where you're rolling against other DPS for their gear whereas they have no interest in tanking/healing stuff.... Aquiring two sets has a direct cost on others that wouldn't be there if you stuck to just one role.

Edited by BrenMcGuire

If I play a pure dps class, I gain little from dual spec

Make the healer/dps and tank/dps pay BIG credits for dual spec.

Don't allow them to take our dps roles with one button unless there is a big hit to it.

What should a pure-dps pay when he want to switch to a pvp-spec then?

Nope. You're probably going to end up in a situation where you're rolling against other DPS for their gear whereas they have no interest in tanking/healing stuff....

Not if you're in a guild that actually believes in off-spec<Main spec.

Not if you're in a guild that actually believes in off-spec<Main spec.

True, but let's be honest here, not everyone is in such a situation. So where do those players go to get their stuff? Pugs. So they end up screwing over average Joe. Average Joe eventually realises he's being screwed and ninjas stuff he won't use....but potentially could.... community goes to hell.

It's all about efficiency. Main before offspec is efficient. People get things that improve what they're doing, once you start taking stuff from other players doing that role you reduce their efficiency and in return, they will start taking stuff from you that reduces your efficiency at that role. Gearing up time is doubled.

Which is why, even with a dual spec option, there still needs to be disincentives to actually using it. Pure classes don't gain much from dual spec, they lose out in the long run to others which is why the OP is correct in asking for flexibility to be costly.

Nope. You're probably going to end up in a situation where you're rolling against other DPS for their gear whereas they have no interest in tanking/healing stuff.... Aquiring two sets has a direct cost on others that wouldn't be there if you stuck to just one role.

I don't PuG, I also wouldn't be that guy that rolls need on DPS gear if I'm in heal/tank mode. It amazes me that its generally a dps that comes up with these posts all the while complaining 90% of the time because they can't find a tank or heals when they want one.

IMO make it cheap to make up for all the QQ's we put up with from DPS.

I don't PuG, I also wouldn't be that guy that rolls need on DPS gear if I'm in heal/tank mode. It amazes me that its generally a dps that comes up with these posts all the while complaining 90% of the time because they can't find a tank or heals when they want one.

IMO make it cheap to make up for all the QQ's we put up with from DPS.

I'm a tank.

Just out of curiosity....what is BIG credits? I have been 50 for about 2 months now and i have just under 6 million credits, and that is without trying hard at all.

25 million credits at lvl 20. Can only train dual spec at lvl 20 as well.

That would piss off so many people....

EDIT: and not on alts.

Edited by Space_Gimp

I agree. I hope it costs a million credits.

Fine, if you've been 50 for even 2 weeks you can afford 2 million and not even be anywhere near broke. Dailies are credit faucets. My Gunslinger is a pure DPS class. My queue would normally be long no matter what they do. You can even make the cost 10 million and DPS are still going to have 30-60 minute queues. Deal with it. You have no other choice. I however, will just queue with my brother in law who specced heals/Consular and get in quick every time :D

• 1 month later...

Why are people against duel spec, and why do they want it to cost an arm and a leg.

This is good. Servers with low pop can make use of more players faster than having them go go fleet and spec. It also just makes sense, I spend a ton of time respecing for pvp/pve roles all the time.

Now, Ive only been playing for a month or so. I've noticed alot of hate for wow, and anyone mentioning the good ideas wow made/stole from other games. Nothing is wrong with using a good idea from wow or any other game. Most people against duel spec seem to be voicing hatred for wow's ideas being put into this game.

Why are people against duel spec, and why do they want it to cost an arm and a leg.

This is good. Servers with low pop can make use of more players faster than having them go go fleet and spec. It also just makes sense, I spend a ton of time respecing for pvp/pve roles all the time.

Now, Ive only been playing for a month or so. I've noticed alot of hate for wow, and anyone mentioning the good ideas wow made/stole from other games. Nothing is wrong with using a good idea from wow or any other game. Most people against duel spec seem to be voicing hatred for wow's ideas being put into this game.

Problem is in a way dual specc removes the use of talent points :)

I mean why bother having something sub standard when you know that another player will perform alot better then you within a press of a button "dual specc"?

You probably dont but what about the rest of youre group?

Why should you join stuff when you have 2 choices while not being able to perform /having the best specc?

So then why should you be able join stuff to dps while not being able to heal or tank?

Why should you not have either a Tank and dps or a Dps Aoe pve specc or a single target Pve specc

First of all i am not youre parent or guardian i am not responsible to any player but what i have i that i do enjoy games so i play i take players in consediration.

But if dual specc is implemented now why should basicly a sub player be able to join something where 3 other players do more then "normal" while getting rewarded for it <Badges> will aswell happen in here :(

Edited by Varghjerta

If I play a pure dps class, I gain little from dual spec

Make the healer/dps and tank/dps pay BIG credits for dual spec.

Don't allow them to take our dps roles with one button unless there is a big hit to it.

Any healer/tank can switch to a DPS rule at the click of a few buttons, so how would this be different? Do you know one reason why WoW introduced a dual spec feature? Because most players were switching specs repeatedly anyway. And people are already switching specs as desired in SWTOR.

So all a dual spec button does is make something that is already being done more convenient.

If you want to get into groups, then make friends in-game and get invited because you're fun to be with and know what you're doing. I've rarely had trouble finding groups on my sniper in this game, or on my warlock in WoW. And in WoW, I loved having dual spec, even on a pure DPS class. I could set up one spec for PvE and one for PvP. And even when I stopped PvPing, I used multiple PvE specs. One for doing dailies, one for raids. Or if one spec was better for a certain fight, I could easily switch to it for that fight. If I wanted to try a new spec, I could set that up as my off-spec and give it a try, and if it wasn't working go back to my original spec without inconveniencing the rest of my group.

Dual specs are great for everyone, not just hybrids.

Edited by amantheil