Cheating Healers in Warzones

Alloha

Ok I'm a Jedi Sage Healer anyway I joined a Voidstar PUG grp, About half way into a battle. In that grp was another Sage healer, Now a few times we were both waiting to re enter the fight after dieing. Then I noticed that he was using sacrifice to drop his health to a very low level then would heal himself to full again.

Now I'm not sure if this counted to his total healing at the end of the fight. I hope it didn't cause I think it's unfair to those of us who try to top the list fairly. If it did count it could be a big flaw imagine the healing people could get there'd be insane healing amounts unfairly gotten

Edited by Alloha

I have to do this in Civil War especially to get my medals if there's nobody attacking the node i'm solo defending. Can't heal full health bars.

We healers get shafted up the arse hard enough as it is for medals. We don't need to be fighting each other over abilities we use to try and get those 3-5 medals per match.

Edited by AntoniusDelitan

I think the issue is that Sages/Sorcs, already the strongest Healing class, get to do this while the weaker classes don't. The way healing medals are handed out really favours Sages over Sawbones (Sages can easily hurt themselves then heal up their longer & bigger heal without Trauma, Sawbones have to do actual proper healing...)

If all healing classes could do this it would be less of an issue, as it is it's just another little thing that makes Sages/Sorcs the strongest class.

I think that self heals should not count toward contribution, even healing contribution. That would fix this and there's no reason to count selfheals anyway, you're doing it to stay alive, a benefit nonhealing classes don't even have. Heals to party though... well, that's a healer's job and should be rewarded as such, properly, by adjusting the medals system.

Using consumption or sacrifice to be able to heal yourself back up utterly pointless to your team and really no more better than afking. It's the pvp equivalent of, well I won't say it, but it's pointless self flogging that serves no purpose.

I have to do this in Civil War especially to get my medals if there's nobody attacking the node i'm solo defending. Can't heal full health bars.

Atleast you can... the 2 other healers can't... Personaly when I see a Sage dropping his health I start healing him constantly... usualy to get shouted at because I'm screwing with his 75K healing...

Stronger how? In the numbers game? Yeah, maybe.

Dealing with focused damage? We crumble like a wet paper bag...

Indeed. I will agree that sorcerer has the most tools to deal with any situation. But we cannot focus heal like other healers.

Watching a heals Mercenary in their glorious heavy armor mitigating loads of damage, running the Huttball through fire and lolling, it makes me feel weak as a single target healer. We are very squishy compared to other healing classes. It's a tradeoff I knew when I picked the class.

Edited by kristoffbrujah

I think that self heals should not count toward contribution, even healing contribution. That would fix this and there's no reason to count selfheals anyway, you're doing it to stay alive, a benefit nonhealing classes don't even have. Heals to party though... well, that's a healer's job and should be rewarded as such, properly, by adjusting the medals system.

Using consumption or sacrifice to be able to heal yourself back up utterly pointless to your team and really no more better than afking. It's the pvp equivalent of, well I won't say it, but it's pointless self flogging that serves no purpose.

Taking self heals off the healcounter for the warzone would mean i never get close to 300k healing, because i usually get focused when i'm spotted healing... and have to keep myself up

As for "doing it to stay alive, DPS classes don't have that option," well I don't have the option to kill the person attacking me because I hit softer than a wet noodle.

And if healing medals were set up better, i wouldn't have to use consumption to cheese 300k!! 300k is usually my FIFTH medal!!! OMG OMG NERF PLEASE!!!!

Ok I'm a Jedi Sage Healer anyway I joined a Voidstar PUG grp, About half way into a battle. In that grp was another Sage healer, Now a few times we were both waiting to re enter the fight after dieing. Then I noticed that he was using sacrifice to drop his health to a very low level then would heal himself to full again.

Now I'm not sure if this counted to his total healing at the end of the fight. I hope it didn't cause I think it's unfair to those of us who try to top the list fairly. If it did count it could be a big flaw imagine the healing people could get there'd be insane healing amounts unfairly gotten

How about you quit whining over nothing.

People can just remove their gear and put it back on for 5k heal.

Meaning, any healer can do it. Why you say it's a cheat is beyond me.

Again, quit whining over every little thing. It's ***** like you who destroy the game calling for fixes that don't need fixing.

Sorry but no, self heals should count. I spend more time trying to keep myself alive than anyone else because I get focused and no one is peeling off me or putting guard on me.