Stalker VS Survivor

Preachir

Just one for the PVP fans out there,

I dont know if it has been posted somewhere else, aside from the speculation of the Jedi Shadows Handbook,

But which is better for the 31/0/10 build Stalker with a focus/Shield or Survivor with focus/shield?

again if you would happen to have a say either for or against, possible reason for going 3/5 stalker and 2/5 survivor for the bonus on the equipement, do you feel that the 4/5 stalker bonus out weighs this, or do you think 4/5 5% dmg bonus from Survivor more then makes up for it ?

Thanks for the input!

Edited by Preachir

I am having good results with 2 Survivor (with dps mods from stalker replacing the defensive mods) and 3 Stalker.

20 second CD on spin kick seems like a better tool than 1 more charge on potency with a slightly shorter CD. This could be a personal preference.

I run the Champion Stalker Saber with Shield.

I like the 20 second Spinning Kick cooldown as well, so also running 2 Survivor 3 Stalker atm. I personally feel it's best to swap out the defensive stats which the survivor set gives, since it affects relatively few attacks in PVP, whereas the DPS increase from DPS mods is quite considerable.

I am a full battlemaster equipped shadow and I use the following:

2x survivor and 2x stalker equip (Spin kick cooldown and extra slow range is my preference)

Ear / implants stalker

weapon survivor (BM stalker weapon has crap stats)

offhand shield

Of course I did switch my mods of the surviver to dps mods, to get more damage.

Edited by Smerte

Yeah they nerfed it a bit, but that does not mean you should not use them anymore. The only crit / surge I get personally is from the implants & earpiece, but having some is certainly helping your dps. Just don't overstack it (I replaced crit in stalker gear with power even).

You get a bit harsher diminishing returns on surge now, but overall I don't think I'm at levels yet where they become that big an issue. (200ish so far, still gotta swap some mods)

What I do not like is DPS mods seem to always be Surge + Acccuracy/Power/Crit. Basically aside from tank enhancements and rating Accuracy rather low as Kinetic Shadow, the choices end up Surge/Crit and Surge/Power (With Surge also always being the greater stat), which can lead to unwanted levels of surge. Would like them to add Power/Crit enhancements to help around that.

Edited by SWB-NL

My Goal is to get Survivor set pieces and change everything out with the Stalker mods. Also to stay as close to 17.5k HP. Swapping out implants/earpieces/belt/bracers to maximine the 17.5HP and crit/surge/power

Edit: I tend to run around with a healer buddy so the Guard set bonus is worth it for me.

Edited by Elooie