I'm a bad

CachelessClay

I’m bad at PVP. There is no getting around it, I’m simply bad. I’m the only SWTOR player that is below the 50% skill mark. All others are above it. I’ll leave it to someone else to figure out that math. I might be terribad, megabad, superbad, or even Islamabad, who knows. I think I’m just bad, but since most people overrate their abilities, I’m probably somewhere between terribad and megabad. I’ve seen my ability to remain competitive in pvp decline in every mmo I’ve played. Age, reflexes, focus, all could be contributing factors….not really sure.

I’m the guy that only has 3-4 abilities key bound, and clicks the rest. While I don’t keyboard turn, mouse turning + ability clicking is not efficient. I’m fully aware of the benefits of mouse movement and keyboard turning, but I’m simply not capable of it…so I will continue to click most abilities.

I’m the guy you can always beat 1 on 1 no matter class or spec. If I’m playing my guardian, you beat me….if I’m playing my sorcerer, you beat me. There is a good chance, that your companion can beat me too.

If I’m the guy defending a turret in Alderaan by myself and I say “inc 1 east” then you better come help or we are losing that turret.

I’m the guy in Huttball trying to time my CC when the ball carrier is over a fire trap and failing, helping to fill up his resolve bar. Don’t worry; I have about a 6% success ratio.

I’m the guy that can’t pass the ball without at least 3 seconds of not being stunned.

I’m the guy that forgets he’s a healer and sometimes gets dps tunnel vision without actually doing good dps.

I’m the guy that puts guard on you and then forgets to stay near you. I’m also the guy that gets guarded, and does the same thing.

I’m the guy that uses knockback that seems to always help the opponent avoid a hazard or move them to the goal line.

I’m the guy that uses an interrupt too late or on the wrong ability effectively doing nothing.

I’m the guy that has a hard time clicking the person that is dying or finding him in the group frame, making my heals too late to save you.

Speaking of targeting I’m the guy in voidstar running to the door where the enemy is capping and am incapable of targeting the capper(s) in a reasonable amount of time.

If a game is close you likely would have won with anyone else in my place.

I’m the guy that has only gotten a single 1v1 medal (that I know of). The enemy actually killed me in Voidstar and got his medal…..I spawned immediately and went to him and finished him off and it actually awarded me the medal.

I’m the guy you can freely give tips to and advice, but it won’t do any good. Chances are I already know what I’m supposed to do….I’m simply not capable. I’ve read up on my classes, have fairly cookie cutter specs and keep my gear updated. No amount of advice will likely improve my reflexes, focus, or hand dexterity outside of a pharmaceutical solution.

So yes, I’m a bad. I know it. Do I wish I was better? Of course. Is it that big of a deal to me? Not really. I certainly feel for those that get stuck with me in a warzone. Sure I try…I’ll keep throwing guard on people and healing people when I can target them and help finish off low health enemies. I’ll keep trying to defend/attack objectives….but I’ll never be the guy that tips the balance of a warzone or the guy that carries the team or the guy that doesn’t run around acting like he should be wearing a foam body suit in real life for safety reasons.

Unfortunately for you I’m going to keep queuing in warzones and effectively helping the other team. Throwing a fit won’t keep me from queuing, raging in general and/or ops won’t keep me from queuing….really your only option is to arrive at my place of residence and annihilate my computers with a Louisville slugger...so I should probably be on the lookout for that.

TLDR: blah blah blah

Edited by CachelessClay

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're the only guy who will admit he's bad, so you get a thumbs up

others will do a baddie huddle and come up with a dozen reasons why they lose other than they are no good

and then use that to justify them leaving warzones early.

As long as your having fun i dont care how *bad* you are.

I play with guild groups to win. I pug for fun.

Some in my guild rage at the not so great players, I just like to think they are having fun and leave them to it. I have a couple of friends who play (not in my guild, RL friends) They are what you'd call bad. (Ie the trooper will pulse cannon a single mob b/c it *looks cool*) They have fun so what's the big deal.

Being *good* at this game wont achieve anything in your life. Soon they are supposed to add rated WZ's. I'll go there for my competitive fix and pug regular WZ's for my funny-stuff moments. All good.

In short, Have fun and dont worry about what other people think.

A lot of times I have these two guys in the same warzone...

Guy 1) Super awesome elite epic godly PvP monstrosity. Kills everything he touches. Fights 50 yards outside of the point on Alderaan and racks up 500k damage. Never defends a point. Never stops fighting. Demeans everyone "worse" than him. Earns 10 medals. Team loses.

Guy 2) Just terrible. Defending a point with another player and still loses a 2v1 when someone attacks. Can't hit a barn with a machine gun. Stayed at the point for the entire game and even called for help. 50k damage. Earns 2 medals. Team loses.

Guess who's more likely to get an MVP vote if I had to choose between the two? (HINT: It's not the first guy).

Edited by vindianajones

A lot of times I have these two guys in the same warzone...

Guy 1) Super awesome elite epic godly PvP monstrosity. Kills everything he touches. Fights 50 yards outside of the point on Alderaan and racks up 500k damage. Never defends a point. Never stops fighting. Demeans everyone "worse" than him. Earns 10 medals. Team loses.

Guy 2) Just terrible. Defending a point with another player and still loses a 2v1 when someone attacks. Can't hit a barn with a machine gun. Stayed at the point for the entire game and even called for help. 50k damage. Earns 2 medals. Team loses.

Guess who's more likely to get an MVP vote if I had to choose between the two? (HINT: It's not the first guy).

I am complete agreeance. I would much rather have a team full of people who actually try as hard as they can then a team of pvp elitists any day. I'm finding the pvp elitists quit warzones when things get tough and the so called baddies stay and fight till the end. Give me a fighter any day over an elitist quitter. Kudos to the OP for the post!!

I’m bad at PVP. There is no getting around it, I’m simply bad. I’m the only SWTOR player that is below the 50%

Chances are I already know what I’m supposed to do….I’m simply not capable.

I understand you're probably half joking, but on a serious note, like anything, almost anyone can be decent in PvP if they put in the effort to practice and get better.

Edited by DanChart