1.1.4 cooldown suggestion

astrolite

Is it possible to introduce sound effects that can be assigned to different abilities when they come off of cooldown? It would probably require a bunch more work, but it would be pretty great. The visual queues are nice, but I think audio would allow for better focus during a fight.

Maybe not. How does it handle longer cooldowns? 2/3 minutes? 20 minutes? the 18 hour fleet pass?

Or do something similar to the .1 seconds thing right now and allow an option to display the cooldown numbers only during the last few seconds.

This way longer cooldowns will just be blacked out, and when it's in the last 30 seconds or something the number will come up.

I like the changes so far, the numbers is a nice touch especially with the 0.1s part.

Actually, it is not such a bad idea for UI options in later patches to include 'audio feedback slots' which would play some sort of sound once the skill in them finishes a cooldown.

As for now, I'm rather pleased with the changes to the CD-system and its visual implementation. One side effect in particular is very helpful: With the right choice of overlay, it is much better to see skills switch on/off according to the range to a target.

Or do something similar to the .1 seconds thing right now and allow an option to display the cooldown numbers only during the last few seconds.

This way longer cooldowns will just be blacked out, and when it's in the last 30 seconds or something the number will come up.

I like the changes so far, the numbers is a nice touch especially with the 0.1s part.

This, No need to see seconds on a skill that has more then 30 seconds left of cooldown, the normal animation on it is enough.

Is it possible to introduce sound effects that can be assigned to different abilities when they come off of cooldown? It would probably require a bunch more work, but it would be pretty great. The visual queues are nice, but I think audio would allow for better focus during a fight.

Not sure how you would be able to tell the diff from a cool down noise and all the explosions of combat.

Not sure how you would be able to tell the diff from a cool down noise and all the explosions of combat.

That was my thought,

Your in game blowing up stuff theres music, ambient, and combat sound effects how on earth would you want more noise.... lol.

I say no to audio cd's thats just.... well that would just be annoying and honestly more work then its worth dev wise.

What 1.1.4 offers is miles above what we had and perfect for the game at this point in time no further dev really is needed.

I went played around for a bit in the pts and with the new options and it felt good. Think 99% of the people that will see the new changes will agree.

Lets leave the cd's alone now, they fixed them up nicely.

The seconds thing is a meh type deal its not hurting anything tbh. Probably not to hard to change but not really a omg *** type deal either. Dont think it will matter to most if it says x.xs

because it makes a different sound?

After using Addons (in different game) that let you add distinctive sounds for key abilities, I felt like it was really useful and the additional "noise" was not an issue. It may not be a option for everyone, but I'd welcome any UI modifications that would let be bring my eyes up from the bottom of the screen so I can be situationally aware...

Edited by Xneco