So I Want to Make an Assassin....

Vathone

I have an Operative and I love attacking stuff from stealth but I was looking for a bit more utility in the class, so because assassins have a pull and a knockback I feel that is all the utility I feel I would need.

Is there any pointers or things of note that you more expirenced assassins could give me or perhaps warnings.

BTW, this guy would be mostly for PvP as I love to PvP.

"Assassins have a pull and a knockback". Well, from the sounds of your post, it looked like you rolled an operative looking for that bursty stealth style of play, with a hint more utility than the operatives have. Fair enough, but the spec you are speaking of is darkness, which is not the damage spec, but the tank spec rather. Deception is probably what you're looking for, but you don't get your force pull as deception. You do get a couple of stuns and a knockback, just minus the force pull.

A lot of warnings

1. The only thing the sin and OP have in common is stealth.

2. Till you reach 40 you feel like a gimped OP. Sins mature late.

3. Reach level 40 and you become awesome however

4. Best leveling specs is either darkness or madness

5. Darkness is the PVP spec because the sheer amount of utility it offers. Madness also works

6.Sins dot come even close to the burst of OP's.

Tips

Take cybertech as crew skill then gain level 1 social rank then buy a complete orange set in the dromund kaas cantina (get the belt from the space battle vendor buy orange bracers from the AH ).

Edited by Jaigen

I'd recommend reading the Assassin's codex (sticky here) first. It gives you a decent idea what to expect from the class.

It is a great class for sure, but your mileage may differ. As others pointed out already, we are late bloomers, quite gear dependant and darkness (tank) is the way to go. You'll be a jack-of-all-trades with loads of utility, but don't expect too much stealth involved in that (compared to conc op).

Edited by wtfnonamefree

Is Darkness better for Survivalbility than Madness for both PvP & PvE because I really like the Madness tree?

Thanks

The 2 specs server different roles. Darkness offers better survivability because it's the tanking spec. It's up to you if you want to trade higher damage for it.

Tips

Take cybertech as crew skill then gain level 1 social rank then buy a complete orange set in the dromund kaas cantina (get the belt from the space battle vendor buy orange bracers from the AH ).

This only works for male toons. Females can't wear the formal set.

Biochem > Cybertech. Always.

Cybertech is good for leveling, soon as you hit 50 though it's kinda trash. I had it while leveling and had my armoring up to whatever level i was at, I was able to make ship upgrades to make space missions much easier, and I was able to keep my companions gear up to level as well. Biochem imo isn't s good for leveling, and it's fairly easy to make the switch after 50 when credits are easy to come by and you can send 5 companions out at a time to build up the Crew Skills.