Rakata Implants - Gunslinger Choices

Anilon

Hello All,

Our guild is working on hard modes (4/5 EV HM at the moment). For reference, I am in full Columi with a Rakata piece here or there.

This morning I reached 120 daily commendations for the second time and headed to the vendor to pick up my first Rakata implant. However, here is what I noticed:

We have two choices with cunning:

Rakata Enforcer's Package

+85 Cunning

+98 Endurance

+51 Power

+51 Surge Rating

Or

Rakata Field Medic's System

+103 Cunning

+85 Endurance

+44 Critical Rating

+51 Surge Rating

-----

Now, logic would suggest that the Enforcer piece is for DPS specs, and the Field Medic's piece is for healing. However, when examined closer:

They both have 51 surge, so lets remove that. Endurance should not be a consideration for DPS or healers in PvE, so lets remove that. This leaves us with this comparison:

Rakata Enforcer's Package

+85 Cunning

+51 Power

Or

Rakata Field Medic's System

+103 Cunning

+44 Critical Rating

Now, considering that Crit and Power are both acceptable DPS gain stats, is it really worth losing 18 cunning to get power over crit? Or should I be rocking the Medic implants on my dps set?

Depends what the stat layout on the rest of your stuff is. My plan is to take Field Medic when I stop PvPing enough to actually do all the dailies again... Have a crafted Accuracy one in the other slot.

If you're deep in diminishing returns for Crit, you can always switch out an enhancement elsewhere for a Power one.

On a related topic, what Rakata belt/wrists are people (esp. Armor folks) wearing? Are these better than Champion versions for PvP (I've assumed they are)?

Edited by flem

I'd stick with the Columi Enforcers stuff. As a gunslinger, what's most important is the Accuracy for the armor pen. While crit and power are important, the damage pen will assist both.

The Columi Enforcer's package are 93 endurance, 80 cunning, 48 accuracy/crit.

I was actually going to do the same thing with my PVP implants, because they had accuracy, while the Battlemaster implants didn't. All depends on how you want to be laid out though, I guess. For a PvE set, I'd personally like to have over 105% accuracy, if it can be helped.

Accuracy is very important for this class.

I'd stick with the Columi Enforcers stuff. As a gunslinger, what's most important is the Accuracy for the armor pen. While crit and power are important, the damage pen will assist both.

The Columi Enforcer's package are 93 endurance, 80 cunning, 48 accuracy/crit.

I was actually going to do the same thing with my PVP implants, because they had accuracy, while the Battlemaster implants didn't. All depends on how you want to be laid out though, I guess. For a PvE set, I'd personally like to have over 105% accuracy, if it can be helped.

Accuracy is very important for this class.

I agree with some of your points - the problem is that the enforcer's package is not crit/acc - its just as I posted above.. power surge.

No, the Columi Enforcer's Package is acc/crit. Really depends on what you want more: Do you want the extra 20 or so cunning from the Rakata package w/ power and surge? Do you want accuracy and crit over the additional cunning w/ power and surge?

It's a power trade more than anything. I'd probably just get it for the extra cunning, after I know I can hit over 105% accuracy.

No, the Columi Enforcer's Package is acc/crit. Really depends on what you want more: Do you want the extra 20 or so cunning from the Rakata package w/ power and surge? Do you want accuracy and crit over the additional cunning w/ power and surge?

It's a power trade more than anything. I'd probably just get it for the extra cunning, after I know I can hit over 105% accuracy.

No, you are wrong. I am looking at them in game right now.

You are thinking of the EARPIECE.

We are talking implants here. I am staring at them in game, on the vendor. My stats in my OP are correct.

http://i.imgur.com/nvfWi.png

http://i.imgur.com/CoK7c.png

Both the Columi Enforcer's Package and the Columi Enforcer's Device. Both Accuracy, one crit, one power. I feel like you've been ignoring me the entire time. I'm not talking about Rakata, I'm talking about Columi.

If you don't want the stats on the Rakata, you stay with the Columi, it's really very simple.

Edited by Ukita

http://i.imgur.com/nvfWi.png

http://i.imgur.com/CoK7c.png

Both the Columi Enforcer's Package and the Columi Enforcer's Device. Both Accuracy, one crit, one power. I feel like you've been ignoring me the entire time. I'm not talking about Rakata, I'm talking about Columi.

If you don't want the stats on the Rakata, you stay with the Columi, it's really very simple.

I think you're the one ignoring the OP. They're buying RAKATA pieces with DAILY COMMENDATIONS they don't have the Columi option from what I can tell from reading this thread and you're providing nothing useful to their particular situation.

Also, it should be rather obvious with crit/surge being awesome and it having 20 more cunning that one is the way to go. I know while lvling I took a lot of the Surgeon/Medic gear because the stats were just better.

I think you're the one ignoring the OP. They're buying RAKATA pieces with DAILY COMMENDATIONS they don't have the Columi option from what I can tell from reading this thread and you're providing nothing useful to their particular situation.

Didn't ignore it at all. I read what he said, and decided to post what I would do, because it complimented the class, and the rest of the pieces in the set.

The Columi Enforcer's Package is, to me, the more logical of any of the implants you can get for a Gunslinger's PVE set.

If he really wants the Rakata piece, then he needs to ask himself. What's more important, how often you crit, or how hard you crit?

Edited by Ukita

Didn't ignore it at all. I read what he said, and decided to post what I would do, because it complimented the class, and the rest of the pieces in the set.

The Columi Enforcer's Package is, to me, the more logical of any of the implants you can get for a Gunslinger's PVE set.

If he really wants the Rakata piece, then he needs to ask himself. What's more important, how often you crit, or how hard you crit?

So is it your position that columi gear is better than rakata in this case? That sounds like the point you are making.

Oh and heres the piece I am talking about.. enforcer with power surge:

http://www.torhead.com/item/cHQGmLY/rakata-enforcers-package

Edited by Anilon