question about elora

Falkanos

Not sure if i should have put this in a "companions" thing, but lately I've been using Elora and her effection has been going up,however Every time she gets a "I want to talk to you moment" icon it will pop up ,then disappear after little bit ,not stay locked on any more. I've gone to cantinas and the ship ,and it just vanishes before I even head anywhere . I haven't had a conversation with her since about a bit over 2K in appreciation level and shes over 4 k now,but same things keeps happening.anyone else experience this?

That is an annoying bug alright, I have had that several times.

As to when she will really talk to you, it is both tied to her affection level and to your progress in your class quest. So just keep playing and you will get more from her.

When I finished Act 1 I got a whole bunch of conversations with her, itself annoying as storywise they really should have been spread out a little.

If you right click on her in these instances where the little icon pops up, you'll get a response that gives you a better indication of whether or not she needs to talk to you. If she does, she'll say something like "I need to talk to you.....in private," otherwise it'll just be something like "We have nothing to discuss, carry on" or something along those lines.

Oddly, some cantinas are considered "in private" for companions, and some are not. The cantina at Republic Fleet (I seem to remember) did trigger a companion quest once, but usually you go there and they do not trigger the quest. You have to go to a tiny out of the way cantina, or back to your ship to complete.

My 50 Consular picked up Nadia Grell in low 40s I think. She did have one or two pop up, but once I hit 50 and returned to the ship she had like 6-7 in a row. I would have much preferred these spiulling out over the course of time. It would have made the interactions seem much more realistic, learning of her development and increasing maturity and responsibility.

Still, try the little planetary cantinas and see if the quest icon pops.. Some will, some won't.

Yes, she had only 3-4 conversations in Act 1

-General hallo aboard

-Chat with her slimy "parole" officer

-Story with her brother

After Act one she had like 5-6 talks waiting... now im at 9K with her and closer to end of act 2, i guess after Act 2 comes the next chat wave. :)

Im a bit sad that NONE of her chats involve anything outside the ship, like

-Helping her Brother run.. could have been a nice story mission on Nar Shadda

-Confronting her "Parole" Officer on Coruscant (with Option to punch him in the face).

I guess i will propose to her in that cuddly Medbay.... :(

Sadly as people have mentioned its a well known bug that hasnt been sorted since first reported in December.

Im level 42 and my Elara affection is 10k....after the first act I managed to have about 6 conversations in a row with her since then sadly its nothing. She wants to talk but dosent talk. Looks like she only talks when the acts have ended?